Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Warlocks.

But seriously, you wont get good by picking an OP class. On my warrior I murder shit mages. You gotta get good at the game first.
    this game sucks

Frost DK is really fun in BGS. Mages are also OP....

When you're entering PvP, you shouldn't play a glass cannon class like frost DKs. Instead, you should play classes that people generally avoid engaging like frost Mages or rogues. With maximum survivability, you learn more from not being dead all the time. I was in a BG on my 359 PvE frost Mage and no one focused me, ever. When they target switched for whatever reason, I would just blink away and they would give up.

Deleted
    Elemental Shaman in Random BGs is pretty awesome as well but don't play it for Arena. If you are decent, then you will likely be top 3 damage every game with good gear.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Razdaz/simple

Even with this awful gear I can get top damage consistently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost DK or Rogue.

As a rogue you will probably NEED 3x as many keybinds, but they are both extremely faceroll. Rogue will undoubtedly be more difficult to play well, but once you get into it, you'll know how to play it.

After trying out every class competetively, I cant tell you which class is easiest. Some classes are easier to get start with than others such as mage or paladin. Every class still requires a lot of work if you want to master them. I cant help you to pick easiest class, but I can say that dont pick rogue. It was hardest class to start playing with and it is hard class to master. Rogue required much more focus and work than any other class to be succesful with. That is my opinion though and some will disagree.
    You should just pick a class you like most. Try everyone of them and see which one you like most. You wont be succesful if you dont like your class and dont have enthuasim to get better.
    Last edited by Gámbller; 2012-06-03 at 04:36 AM.

monk healing
    Mage
    Death knight
    priest disc and shadow
    Rogue
    shaman resto
    druid boomkin
    paladin holy
    monk damage
    warrior dps
    hunter
    blood Dk tank
    Monk tank
    warrior tank

People keep putting dk's as the easiest class to get good with, while it's a lie, Frost DK is retardedly easy to play, but it's squishy and it isn't viable by any margin in 3v3 arena atm. Unholy on the other hand is quite abit harder, probably top 3 class/specc combinations alongside disc priest and MM hunter.
    To be clear if you want to play an easy class, like a class that makes sence and that you can without extensive thinking master, is rogue. I'm done, now haters give the guy what he wants don't troll him with tank speccs...
    afflocks that cry about balance in pvp make me sad.

Deleted
    Well sure as hell you don't want to play MM hunter.

id say hunter is a somewhat easy to play, frost/fire mage, boomkin, lock, ele shaman. id suggest playing the one class that you like - its easy to get good at all classes imo, and id advice once you pick it, STICK with it. the more you play other classes/specs the less good you will be at your chosen one.

All classes are easy to learn and hard to master, but you can do a lot more with a rogue or a mage at a lower skill level.

To those who never done much PVP...especially mouse clickers

Easiest to class to start out and score a kill is probably a mage, dk or a hunter (maybe ele shammy)
    because with ret, rogue, warrior, feral and lock you need decent gear to start burning enemies' healthbar.
    Doesn't matter how smart you're playing, you won't do enough damage with these guys without gears in time due to lack of resilience.
    (skillwise, above are just from mouse clicking, I used to mouse click my rogue and holy pally in arena and of course I can't past the 1850 barrier without keybinds)

To me however, I made the most noticeable difference in skills with disc priest.

Priest is so squishy, you begin to realize mouse clicking is just not enough to keep yourself up with looking and clicking. So the answer is keybind.
    Priest is so vulnerable from interruption(2 interruption is enough to nearly kill either the priest or partner), you start learning every classes' interruptions
    Priest's best in slot spells have cooldown, you start learning to anticipate and what to do on certain situations.
    Keybinding makes huge difference on priests, especially mass dispel. life saver and time saver.

In general, healing class is the best to learn about other classes' capabilities and the comp. Or at least you are forced to learn on your own.
    If you play a dps class, you don't really learn the classes, you learn the comp. Such as, if you see a mage,rogue 2s team, you learn that mage is the weak spot of that comp instead of what they are capable of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Genooo View Post
    I'm gonna be honest, I SUCK at PvP. I want to get better, and I have 9 classes at level 85, so I figured I'll start with the easiest. Which class/spec is the easiest to play and be skilled at/master? If different classes do better at different gear levels, lets assume they all had 4-5k resil.

Don't say mage. That's the one class I don't have at 85. If the answer is mage, pick the 2nd easiest.
    Blood DK. It's literally a one-button spec.

Runner-up would be Frost Mage, but since we can't go with that, I'd go with Ret Pally: Hammer of Justice, /castrandom, collect points.

Hunters of any spec are the definition of faceroll up until 85; once you hit 85, things are considerably more difficult, though you'll still poop on bad players simply because of how ridiculously overpowered the Hunter toolkit is.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by zaheer12a View Post
    ?? I smell an ignorant player
    Seriously BG doesn't require skill. It's handy if you have skill but it isn't needed at all. My guild ran RBG with just 3people who had seriously done pvp (+2.2k rating in arena) everyone else was either in starter pvp gear or pve gear. When they listened to where to go we won pretty much everything. We had a rating of close to 2.4k whilst the highest (of the 7) hadn't been able to reach more than 1.7k rating in arena.
    (your example of how to play for instance = no skill = viable in bg)

From personal experience I can say the ones with the higher skill cap are also the ones with the lowest skill floor. ./thread

Rogue, mage for dps
    priest for heals

Sure frost dk, hpala and what else might be easier to play. They lack some tools which make them dependant on your team which is random in random bg and have less answers to what your opponents bring.

Deleted
    Mage. I'm fking terrible and got 2.2k and hotter streak without any effort or major pvp gear.

If you want like 2.5k, go mage/rogue/priest @ lvl70 or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sxefluff View Post
    Damn I was gonna say mage, but read OP.

Well I haven't played WoW in a few months, but I'm sure Blood DK's are still ridiculous. Arena at your own risk, but in BG's you'll have fun wrecking everything with 30k crits as you laugh at your life never going below 80% (exaggerating of course, but still true)
    you're not exagerating about blood dks:P ok you die sometimes, but they literally do 30ks (no vengeance ofc) on 4.8k resilience and leather. luckily for me, I have 30% dodge change.

easiest class might be frost dk... but I recommend playing what you like. if you like what you're doing, you're gonna get good at it and you will want to get good at it. just level a class that you think might REALLY suit you and just pvp as much as possible. do some bgs 10-14, lvl 18-19, 23-24... those kind of levels. pvping alot while lvling will teach you alot about your class and the abillities you just learned.
    Last edited by mmocc956f22cc4; 2012-06-04 at 12:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    All classes are easy to learn and hard to master, but you can do a lot more with a rogue or a mage at a lower skill level.
    This post, I agree with. Quoting it, so you can read it incase you missed it.

Just play hunter and faceroll from 30+ yds away! /sarcasm
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Deleted
    I play Frost DK and MM Hunter.

In random BGs there is no big difference, I guess that in random BGs any class can be pretty successful.
    Fighting against healers is very different, depending on what I play. As a Frost DK I can pressure them and eventually take them down, pretty fast. As a hunter it makes me want to smash my screen, it's incredibly frustrating... you can't kill healers! I probably also have this impression due to my Frost DK, which is probably the second best Healer killer in game (after unholy DK).

However, in Arenas, there is a difference like day and night! The Frost DK is simple, effective and straight forward. You can't mess it up too much. The Hunter is a nightmare, very complicated to play and it's Arena skill cap is extremely high. In 2v2 the hunter is also very ineffective if run with a healer against another healer team, unless paired with a disc priest, however it works well with a second DPS.

Hunter: cannot 1v1 geared healers, very frustrating.
    Frost DK: cannot win against above average rogues, almost as frustrating as not being able to kill healers.

Still, I vote for Frost DK as the most simple class to play in PvP.

My 2 cents.
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2012-06-04 at 08:17 PM.