Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimmy View Post
    Why did Diablo always look like a man before?

"It" is a demon first of all, and this is a videogame... so the focus on the sex of "it" from many on this forum up to this point is frankly quite laughable.
    Yeah. It's completely ridiculous that people would discuss a video game or it's lore. So long as it isn't real, it's not worth our time. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Yavannie View Post
    Why would a monster with breats and hips automatically be less terrifying than one without them?
    cause we allready had a new game release by blizz with a "prime evil" as a female last year called SC2,
    and after 2 diablo games and xpacs comes a D3 with a much better grafix and we get a tiny slim model of an end boss?
    an epic ending for any fantasy game/story/movie is to fight a giant several sizes bigger then the hero to show us that the odds are overwhelming which makes the victory and the end - an epic one..

Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    cause we allready had a new game release by blizz with a "prime evil" as a female last year called SC2,
    and after 2 diablo games and xpacs comes a D3 with a much better grafix and we get a tiny slim model of an end boss?
    an epic ending for any fantasy game/story/movie is to fight a giant several sizes bigger then the hero to show us that the odds are overwhelming which makes the victory and the end - an epic one..
    I'll say it again, bigger=/=stronger. I also goddamn hate boss fights where the boss fills the screen to be honest. I barely saw Azmodan at all during his fight because I have to dodge those damn fires, and it's almost impossible if you're close enough to see him.

Also, the ending of LotR is a clash of armies and a hobbit chucking a ring into a volcano. It's not a battle against some giant. It's one of the greatest fantasy stories ever written.

Also of note, Diablo is still about 4 times bigger than you are.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol. That isn't Diablo. You were all fooled. Thats just Leah PMSing her mind out. Yeah.

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Yeah. It's completely ridiculous that people would discuss a video game or it's lore. So long as it isn't real, it's not worth our time. Right?
    The lore of this game, first of all, is pretty terrible. Even "fanboys" agree to that. Let's not kid ourselves.

My point is, why is it such a big deal? As has been stated, Diablo underwent a transformation in becoming the prime-evil and took on feminine traits. I've seen so many threads and/or comments on this topic that I can't help but think it's a case of sexism.

The OP clearly implies that males are more terrifying than females, and that perspective is offensive to me.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

Blizzard has slated, at the least, one expansion... People tend to forget this fact. Just because we got to the end of this part doesn't mean it's all said and done. There's plenty of lore for this part to keep it going, and who knows, we may end up fighting something so big, we only end up whacking at its toes.......(again)

15+ Year Old Account
    The lore of this game, first of all, is pretty terrible. Even "fanboys" agree to that. Let's not kid ourselves.

My point is, why is it such a big deal? As has been stated, Diablo underwent a transformation in becoming the prime-evil and took on feminine traits. I've seen so many threads and/or comments on this topic that I can't help but think it's a case of sexism.

The OP clearly implies that males are more terrifying than females, and that perspective is offensive to me.
    It's just all the little boys questioning themselves. They got turned on a bit when Diablo did that hip sway in the cinematic, but they were like, "NO DIABLO IS A GUY! THIS IS WRONG!" =P

But seriously, I think women are much more terrifying than men. Evil dudes will usually just kill you, an evil woman has a much higher chance of wanting you to suffer horribly. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    I'll say it again, bigger=/=stronger. I also goddamn hate boss fights where the boss fills the screen to be honest. I barely saw Azmodan at all during his fight because I have to dodge those damn fires, and it's almost impossible if you're close enough to see him.

Also, the ending of LotR is a clash of armies and a hobbit chucking a ring into a volcano. It's not a battle against some giant. It's one of the greatest fantasy stories ever written.

Also of note, Diablo is still about 4 times bigger than you are.
    then you missed the entire failed point of the story in my oppinion:
    the way i see it is..fredo failed in his final test and didnt drop the ring into the fire...golomb was the real reason the ring droped eventually and he sacrified himself in the proccess...
    we didnt see or fight the real end boss sauron, the battle ended with his lieutenant demise...

so what do we have here?

no real end boss model or fight.
    the hero fails..
    the lesser evil (golomb) intervention that cost him his life was crutial to get a happy ending which makes him the new hero..

real epic ending.....

---------- Post added 2012-06-03 at 07:50 AM ----------

I can't help but think it's a case of sexism.

your wrong lady , i have no problem with females , the problem is we had one last year with SC2 , are they just lazy and re-used the queen of blades skeleton / model ?
    too much of anything is wrong

your wrong lady , i have no problem with females , the problem is we had one last year with SC2 , are they just lazy and re-used the queen of blades skeleton / model ?
    How many villains and/or main characters have been male? Why do you even care?

I'm not a lady, not that it matters. I do think it's important to point these sort of prejudices out, though, because in many cases people don't even realize they have them.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

You're also forgetting that hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!

"Why does Diablo look like a girl?"
    Because Leah was used as the vessel

"But it was actually all 7Evils! Why does it look like a girl?"

"Why didn't he look like a baby boy last time?"
    He doesn't look like Leah now, he looks like Diablo but slightly more female
    And when he possessed a boy he looked liked Diablo but slightly more male

"Why does he look like Diablo and not some 7 headed evil combination demon chick"
    That's the only question I don't have an answer for

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    "Why does Diablo look like a girl?"

"But it was actually all 7Evils! Why does it look like a girl?"

"Why didn't he look like a baby boy last time?"
    He doesn't look like Leah now, he looks like Diablo but slightly more female
    And when he possessed a boy he looked liked Diablo but slightly more male

"Why does he look like Diablo and not some 7 headed evil combination demon chick"
    That's the only question I don't have an answer for
    Adria made sure that when the Prime Evil was created, Diablo was the dominant personality, but retained all the powers. All the demons choose their form to a degree, so it's more Diablo than anything because that's what he/she/it chose.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    i was kinda disappointed considering the size of azmodan and belial, but then again size doesnt ALWAYS matter.
    Sheablo is actually bigger than Belial and about even with Azmo. I believe Belials huge phase 2 form is just an illusion. He is the lord of lies afterall. When you defeat him the platform he broke during his appearance is suddenly intact. Hinting that huge monster we fought was just one of Belials lies.

Deleted
    because of womens rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Eversor-Nw View Post
    Sheablo is actually bigger than Belial and about even with Azmo. I believe Belials huge phase 2 form is just an illusion. He is the lord of lies afterall. When you defeat him the platform he broke during his appearance is suddenly intact. Hinting that huge monster we fought was just one of Belials lies.
    All the Lords of Hell, Lessers and Primes, are pretty equal. Diablo MIGHT be the strongest individual, but the four Lessers DID overthrow the Primes.

because women are the prime evils irl

Quote Originally Posted by Eis View Post
    It's just all the little boys questioning themselves. They got turned on a bit when Diablo did that hip sway in the cinematic, but they were like, "NO DIABLO IS A GUY! THIS IS WRONG!" =P

But seriously, I think women are much more terrifying than men. Evil dudes will usually just kill you, an evil woman has a much higher chance of wanting you to suffer horribly. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, etc.
    Andariel, the Maiden of Anguish, aka mental torment, is one of the Lesser Evils, and a lot of people who have been in her part of the Burning Hells willingly gives themselves over to her "brother", Duriel, the Lord of Pain, aka physical torment.

then you missed the entire failed point of the story in my oppinion:
    the way i see it is..fredo failed in his final test and didnt drop the ring into the fire...golomb was the real reason the ring droped eventually and he sacrified himself in the proccess...
    we didnt see or fight the real end boss sauron, the battle ended with his lieutenant demise...

so what do we have here?

no real end boss model or fight.
    the hero fails..
    the lesser evil (golomb) intervention that cost him his life was crutial to get a happy ending which makes him the new hero..

real epic ending.....

---------- Post added 2012-06-03 at 07:50 AM ----------

Folks, this poster has twice in this thread made a post with drastic and obvious mistakes in spelling of the things he or she is trying to get you to discuss. I'd give 7/10 odds that this is just intended to get people to rage about at least one of the things in the post. It wouldn't even surprise me if it's some kind of copypasta.

In other words, you're just being trolled.

Quote Originally Posted by LurkerOnly View Post
    Folks, this poster has twice in this thread made a post with drastic and obvious mistakes in spelling of the things he or she is trying to get you to discuss. I'd give 7/10 odds that this is just intended to get people to rage about at least one of the things in the post. It wouldn't even surprise me if it's some kind of copypasta.

In other words, you're just being trolled.
    Or the OP is 12.

Deleted
    i dont see any resembance to queen of blades other than those hips and boobs.