Page 17 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Am I the only one having mana issues pre 90?

Deleted
    Any info on how we were going in last night raid testing?

Quote Originally Posted by MindlessMelon View Post
    Am I the only one having mana issues pre 90?
    Yea i didnt have any mana problem pre 90. I reforged everything to spirit

I find most recently our biggest problem is still AoE healing - Lei Shi is the biggest example where it is very noticeable that we're missing the healing we need from SCK,

Quote Originally Posted by Dahakas View Post
    I find most recently our biggest problem is still AoE healing - Lei Shi is the biggest example where it is very noticeable that we're missing the healing we need from SCK,
    ^^ This.

It'll be nice to use when they actually fix SCK's values.
    Last edited by MixelPlx; 2012-07-23 at 12:02 PM.

Dahakas dont hate me now. I did post your logs on the offical beta forum. Sorry I didnt ask for promission first.

And yes when SCK is fixed AOE healing might be a little better and wiht the Chi gain from it and a Chi Burst should be very good for aoe

Also apparently as of lately we seem to be getting a charge of mana tea for every 2 Chi used instead of 4. Which may or may not be intentional because honestly our mana return to consumption is not OP compared to say Paladins and priests atm which are both very high... we are about even with druids though, and shamans are pretty far behind everyone in terms of sustainability and overall healing.

I thougt that was a bug cuz of the Uplift glyph :S Would be cool if it was intended

Deleted
    Soo I dont want to spoil to much about the mistweaver for myself, but Im planning to level one when MoP launches. Is DPSing required for a monk healer to stay competitive? Or can I just stand back and heal most of the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Isomena View Post
    Soo I dont want to spoil to much about the mistweaver for myself, but Im planning to level one when MoP launches. Is DPSing required for a monk healer to stay competitive? Or can I just stand back and heal most of the time?
    Total the oposit. You cant atm keep a raid up wiht just melee healing, mabye if you 3 heal butn ot 2 heal i guess. So range healer is more powerfull kinda alot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Isomena View Post
    In 5's or a fight where a boss is incapacitated(Due to mechanics) is where melee healing will really be potent.

I imagine it'll be pretty nice in 25's as it dishes out some nice healing.

But if you're trying to two healing(in a 10man setting), it's lacking. Crackling Jade Lightning is nice but its mana cost is pretty bad.
    Last edited by MixelPlx; 2012-07-24 at 02:30 PM.

Deleted
    I think that melee healing will be nice in fight where you want something like "2 and half a healer". Because that just what you get with melee healing MW - half healer, half dps. For example when we started prgressing ChoGall a long long time ago, we were lacking a tiny bit of dps when 3-healing but at the same time had some healing problems when 2-healing...so..you know what i mean

Deleted
    Right I've had enough, I have some SERIOUS mana issues when healing heroics at the moment, First of all i am seeing logs of 65k hps in raids. What is the current scaling for gear when entering raids? I am barely touching 30k hps in 5 mans and I am having serious mana issues when I do, like ooming in moshugun palace on the mini councel fight. I've played live for years now and never had such a huge problem controlling my mana when healing and I really do strive to conserve and only heal when I need to heal.

Please someone relate or tell me how to fix this!

What spells do you use then? That would help alot if you told us how you are healing and what spells you are using. The 65k hps is from the time when you could reM spam but that is not possible anymore

Deleted
    Constantly keeping Renewing mists up on the tank and using soothing mists as my "go to heal". I feel uplift is really weak and I'm not using that too often but instead using my chi for enveloping mists on the tank and chi burst. Surging mist i hate with a passion, that stuff especially when instant cast destroy the mana bar.

Well ReM cost 15k and imo you dont need to keep it up all the time in a dungeon. Do you melee heal anything? And do you drink your mana tea? Something wrong you are doing. I never had or have mana issu in a 5man and i mostly melee heal them

Deleted
    I never melee heal and I always drink mana tea.

Melee healing is a mechanic i'm not fond of, yes it's a new unique thing which is great but I have always felt dps is for the dps but if it is significantly better i may try it.

Well then i have no ide what you are doing if you have mana problem.

Getting 2 stacks of Serpent's Zeal (4 Chi total) means that your auto attacks heal for 20 seconds. On low damage this is enough to keep up the group, or atleast help significantly with no mana cost on those heals. The heals are small, but they come often. Even if you don't find yourself Melee healing after you put Serpent's Zeal up, it's still good practice to spend another 2 Chi to refresh it when it's almost ran off, just incase you need to make use of it in the near future.

Also making use of Eminence whenever possible may help a lot; Trying to make Chi Burst hit not only friendly targets, but hostile ones will mean that the 70k crits you get create a 35k heal.

Sounds weird but trusting your HoTs is important too; knowing that your Soothing Mist WILL trigger that Chi you need instead of using a 52159212 mana cost Surging to get that Enveloping Mists up could be the difference in keeping your group alive in the long run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfern View Post
    knowing that your Soothing Mist WILL trigger that Chi you need
    20% chance is a lot of trust in a small healing ability.

But it is the only real low mana cost generator that is currently available outside melee.