Page 30 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EGTactics View Post
    Hello Ketline!

Yes, gnome racial last time I checked it out gave an additional 20-30k mana pool. They are an optional choice from the healing perspective. Mind you, Human is also really good with the 3% spirit and reputation racial(So many different factions in Pandaria!).

So far, every race other than NE can benefit Mistweaver substantially.
    Mana pools are fixed in MoP. Mistweavers have 300k, Gnome racial is 'Increase mana pool by 5%." which means the racial adds 15k = 315k. It can't be 20-30k.
    Last edited by reale; 2012-08-26 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reale View Post
    Mana pools are fixed in MoP. Mistweavers have 300k, Gnome racial is 'Increase mana pool by 5%." which means the racial adds 15k = 315k. It can't be 20-30k.
    Ty for clarifying that for me.

/cheers m8

---------- Post added 2012-08-26 at 11:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG???

EGT and Redfern have both been involved in MW conversations for a very long time. More resources are more resources. I appreciate having both of them around.
    Apparently I've missed something.
    No doubt has Redfern made a good guide on his site, but this is a gear list I've had in the works since heroics began opening.
    Now that Mists of Pandaria is around the corner, I'm rushing to get stuff out there as quickly as I can.

I respect the contributions he has put into this guide and I hope he continues but please quit the pointless drama of raging over data that is available to everyone through websites such as wowhead.com/wowdb.com .
    Last edited by MixelPlx; 2012-08-26 at 11:47 PM.

I respect the contributions he has put into this guide and I hope he continues but please quit the pointless drama of raging over data that is available to everyone through websites such as wowhead.com/wowdb.com .
    Agreed. This thread does not need this bickering, especially that passive-aggressive bull. What it needs is what it has generally been getting: people who are interested in the spec discussing it, so as to make sure everyone who wants to play a mistweaver has the most information possible come the 25th.

Hey EGT, I've returned after so long :O

I've started putting together my list of addons specifically for Monk (I tend to obsess over this alot being a Resto Druid) and noticed that section is still in-complete so let me know if your taking any recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Hey EGT, I've returned after so long :O

I've started putting together my list of addons specifically for Monk (I tend to obsess over this alot being a Resto Druid) and noticed that section is still in-complete so let me know if your taking any recommendations
    Any bit helps. I'm in the process of putting together my own UI compilation so I'm kinda bias
    This also goes out to anyone. Please make sure these Addon authors are going to continue their work going into Mists of Pandaria.

Well i find ReM tracker very helpfull Tho im not fully use to watch it yet but when you do start to watch it its great Its prob a most have for MWs

Hey EGT, first off great post/guide glad to see someone is keeping up with things.

Just wanted to point out that some of your information is contradicting, such as Chest Enchant, in the "Enchants section you have + to stats, in the gear section you have + spirit, same type of thing with the gems you have chosen in the Gear section compared to the gems you have listed as recommended in the "gems" section. I am assuming that you just have not updated the older sections after putting in the new pre-raid gear section but could be confusing for some and i wanted to let you know.

Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Croz730 View Post
    Hey EGT, first off great post/guide glad to see someone is keeping up with things.

Just wanted to point out that some of your information is contradicting, such as Chest Enchant, in the "Enchants section you have + to stats, in the gear section you have + spirit, same type of thing with the gems you have chosen in the Gear section compared to the gems you have listed as recommended in the "gems" section. I am assuming that you just have not updated the older sections after putting in the new pre-raid gear section but could be confusing for some and i wanted to let you know.

Keep up the good work.
    That's correct.
    Its such a pain to edit the guide(secretly hates BBCode) so I usually stick to one task, finish it and be done with it asap.
    Good looking out though. I'll get to fixing that section right away.

Update: Edited the guide. Thanks again!
    Last edited by MixelPlx; 2012-08-27 at 08:40 PM.

Any bit helps. I'm in the process of putting together my own UI compilation so I'm kinda bias
    This also goes out to anyone. Please make sure these Addon authors are going to continue their work going into Mists of Pandaria.
    haha understandable :P

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/tellmewhen Great addon for tracking specific buffs/debuffs
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/coolline-cooldowns My personal favourite for CD management, I personally play with no action bars and use this to track them instead.
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/grid Grid, Enough said
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/mik-...ng-battle-text Combat text
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/dominos Action bars

All of these are currently up to date and as I understand will continue to be throughout MoP.

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 12:36 AM ----------

Im looking at professions leaning towards Alchemy/Inscription.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-08-27 at 09:38 PM.

That's correct.
    Its such a pain to edit the guide(secretly hates BBCode) so I usually stick to one task, finish it and be done with it asap.
    EGT, you probably are already using one of this, but I find this html to bbcode converter quite useful: www . garyshood . com/htmltobb/

At least I don't have to manually do all the work :P

Nice guide. I would add (in my opinion) that a melee healer might want to stack a little more spirit than a cast-based healer would. Because you'll be jabbing a little more often, you're going to spend a little more mana. Glyphed Mana Tea and keeping that on cooldown helps out a BUNCH with melee healing.

For addons, I found these two. Renewing Mist watcher is alright. It's good for making sure you have all all possible stacks of it out. If power/weak auras got support for ReM stacks, I would probably just use that instead. But, it's a good step until that happens. MistWeaver is basically VuhDo specifically built for monks. It doesn't seem to support melee healing as much, and customizing different key+click combos isn't part of the addon yet. It's a good addon to watch though, I think after full customization implemented, it'll be a great monk addon. Here they are:

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/renewingmistwatcher
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/mistweaver

Quote Originally Posted by Jekerdud View Post
    Nice guide. I would add (in my opinion) that a melee healer might want to stack a little more spirit than a cast-based healer would. Because you'll be jabbing a little more often, you're going to spend a little more mana. Glyphed Mana Tea and keeping that on cooldown helps out a BUNCH with melee healing.

For addons, I found these two. Renewing Mist watcher is alright. It's good for making sure you have all all possible stacks of it out. If power/weak auras got support for ReM stacks, I would probably just use that instead. But, it's a good step until that happens. MistWeaver is basically VuhDo specifically built for monks. It doesn't seem to support melee healing as much, and customizing different key+click combos isn't part of the addon yet. It's a good addon to watch though, I think after full customization implemented, it'll be a great monk addon. Here they are:

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/renewingmistwatcher
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/mistweaver
    Indeed . That's why I recommend gemming full spirit until you feel comfortable otherwise. It helps those who want to go the "traditional" healing style but also benefits melee damage healing dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueshield View Post
    EGT, you probably are already using one of this, but I find this html to bbcode converter quite useful: www . garyshood . com/htmltobb/

At least I don't have to manually do all the work :P
    I'll check this out later. I actually do it all manually >.< I'll begin adding Add-ons in the next couple of days!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekerdud View Post

For addons, I found these two. Renewing Mist watcher is alright. It's good for making sure you have all all possible stacks of it out. If power/weak auras got support for ReM stacks, I would probably just use that instead. But, it's a good step until that happens. MistWeaver is basically VuhDo specifically built for monks. It doesn't seem to support melee healing as much, and customizing different key+click combos isn't part of the addon yet. It's a good addon to watch though, I think after full customization implemented, it'll be a great monk addon.
    As it is atm, stacking spirit is a pretty good way to go, however it is finding a balance between how much mana you are consuming. Something that will take more time as we get better gear / mana consumption required for heroics.

As far as ReM watcher goes, it was better when we had to refresh ReM to keep it up. With it's current state you can just set it up through Grid. As far as other addons go Power Auras is pretty essential if you are ever going to melee MW (which imo every MW needs to learn how to / when to do it to maximize the playstyle of the class), so you aren't wasting precious Chi on unneeded BoK or tiger palms.

Deleted
    A question:

For a Minstweaver/Windwalker (main spec/secondary spec)

...are there any alliance races that prevail against others in terms of racial bonus?

And...

Actually seems that alchemy's new flask provides the best stat bonus (higher than 1k),
    is it confirmed that alchemy will be one of our two best professions?

Quote Originally Posted by Dahakas View Post
    As it is atm, stacking spirit is a pretty good way to go, however it is finding a balance between how much mana you are consuming. Something that will take more time as we get better gear / mana consumption required for heroics.

As far as ReM watcher goes, it was better when we had to refresh ReM to keep it up. With it's current state you can just set it up through Grid. As far as other addons go Power Auras is pretty essential if you are ever going to melee MW (which imo every MW needs to learn how to / when to do it to maximize the playstyle of the class), so you aren't wasting precious Chi on unneeded BoK or tiger palms.
    I think stacking spirit will be the way to go until at least somewhere in T15 for melee healers. We get TONS of int from the gear available, which in turn cranks up the eminence heals (duh).

But one thing about stacking spirit that I forgot to consider until now is group composition. My guild is a 25 man guild, and we will try to keep the group as balanced as we can. At the moment, we have a few people with raid-wide mana CD's, plus we know we will have a few classes with replenishment effects (if it's still there, still haven't seen any official word on it, and I haven't been paying attention on the beta). If you are in a similar group and mana won't be a big concern as CD's will be rotated well, maybe stacking something other than spirit earlier than most others might be a good thing.

Heh, ReM itself was better when you could refresh it. I was kinda pissed that they took that out. I hope both power & weak auras can get working for 5.0.4, I haven't been able to get either to work on the beta, so I am hopeful that it's ready for us come the first raid week in MoP.

With 5.0.4 almost live for the first time in wow im excited to play purely due to MW Monk :3

I know it isn't adding in monks but its the final step before release, Well one of the final steps. We're just that one step closer.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-08-28 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manatrixx View Post
    A question:

...are there any alliance races that prevail against others in terms of racial bonus?

And...

Actually seems that alchemy's new flask provides the best stat bonus (higher than 1k),
    The question about alliance I can't answer, can answer tho on ur second question,

Best proffesions for all healers are BS & Alchemy (don't have the hard numbers around, i'm at work, but I'm 100% sure it's those 2 profs)

Quote Originally Posted by Manatrixx View Post
    A question:

And...

Human racial scales, and is a good option if you don't want to go Pandaren.

Deleted
    I'll choose to be the race who provides best racial bonuses...

...is Pandaren the best race for both MW and WW build?

Deleted
    EGT, I thought you were streaming tonight, what's happening?