Page 31 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatrixx View Post
    I'll choose to be the race who provides best racial bonuses...

...is Pandaren the best race for both MW and WW build?
    Pandaren racials are the best for any class due to the Well Fed increase . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    EGT, I thought you were streaming tonight, what's happening?
    Follow that Twitter!

Family came over unexpected, otherwise I would be streaming & tomorrow, Apartment fire inspections throughout the entire complex so I'm taking tomorrow off so you viewers wont hear sirens every 30min or so. I'll be back on Thursday
    Last edited by MixelPlx; 2012-08-29 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EGTactics View Post
    Pandaren racials are the best for any class due to the Well Fed increase . . . . . .
    Its a tough one between Human and Pandaran it's throughput vs sustained.

I can imagine Human pulling ahead in later tiers for MW since that 3% spirit is just going to continue scaling compared to a flat buff.

Being the curious person I am im going to figure how how much the Human 3% is on a average lvl 90.

Edit:
    Just did this quickly as im at work comparing the extra 300 int/spirit from Pandaran food buff to the 3% spirit using the dungeon set you made with the same gemming and +80 to all stats you have 7847 spirit giving us an extra 235 spirit. With www.wowdb.com/items/81264-vial-of-ichorous-blood procced you will gain an extra 127 spirit ontop of its great buff. (Note for gemming I placed 320 spirit in blue, 80 int/160 spirit in reds and 320 spirit in yellows.

Since your missing a MH link i'll throw in http://www.wowhead.com/item=81094 as the sample weapon.

This is just for entry level gear for the first tier and assuming the 3% spirit is 3% of your total spirit Human and Pandaran will be very competitive.

Pandaran: 7847 Spirit
    Human: 8082 Spirit

235 spirit vs 300 spirit/intellect from the Pandaran food buff.

Note: I did this with no buffs just purely from gear and ignoring racial stats.

I would play around with numbers a little bit more but im uncertain on how much mp5 1 spirit grants and unable to find out due to [No beta club]

10000 spirit will be required to gain an extra 300 spirit exactly and at this point I believe the extra spirit would be redundant, due to the large amount you already have and this probably only being reachable on the final tier (depending on how large the jump in stats are in the tiers)
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-08-29 at 04:02 AM.

Deleted
    In later tiers we won't be needing spirit as much though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    In later tiers we won't be needing spirit as much though.
    That is the conclusion I came to.

At early tier the best MWs will be gnomes, due to the manapool increase, and for humans to be compeditiv with the 3% racial you need over 10k spirit.

From the MWs feedback thread part 4 on beta forum. thanks to Suzushiiro
    From a pure regen standpoint, +5% mana is actually better than +3% spirit (or the flat +300 spirit you get from being a panda.)

Mana tea is effectively +3000 mana per chi spent, so a percentage increase in mana pool grants an additional x% of 3000 mana per chi spent- so 5% mana gives you an additional 150 mana per chi spent.

At 10k spirit, on the other hand, +3% spirit is +300 spirit (ie the same you get with the panda food buff,) or 168 mp5 in combat. This means that you only have to spend 1.12 chi every 5 seconds for gnome regen to beat human or panda regen.

Human will obviously get better as you gear up and panda will obviously be better in situations where you want more throughput rather than more spirit, but at lower gear levels the gnome racial wins out for regen.

And on the subject of racials- for my Horde bros, Arcane Torrent is 1 chi every two minutes, effectively being 3000 mana every 2 minutes, or 125 mp5. Inferior to the panda racial in regen, but the bonus chi is also effectively a throughput boost.

Also note that the int/+2% mana meta(Ember) is not better regen than the spi/crit effect meta(Revitalizing,) since it's only +60 mana/chi spent vs. 243 mp5, so you'd need to spend 4 chi every 5 seconds to break even.

EDIT: Oh, right, you also have to factor in the max mana boost in the mp5 as well- 5% is 15000, 2% is 6000, so that makes it 50/20 mp5 in a 5-minute fight or 25/10 mp5 in a 10-minute fight. Doesn't tip the scales towards the 2% meta enough, but it does increase the amount of spirit you need for the human racial to overcome the gnome one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    At early tier the best MWs will be gnomes, due to the manapool increase, and for humans to be compeditiv with the 3% racial you need over 10k spirit.
    That's the final conclusion I came to, As I stated previously.

What I was thinking that if 10k spirit is easily reached (probably in T2 of MoP) Humans can reforge/regem some spirit as close to 300 to gain a stat of their choice.

Let's say we have two monks, one Pandaran with 10000 spirit and +600 Int from well fed the other is Human with 10300 and +300 Int from food buff, The Human could then remove some spirit to gain +300 in another stat of his choosing bringing him down to +10000 spirit and +300 in favoured stat.

Depending on how easily reached 10k spirit is Human may be > Pandaran in later tiers due to being able to lose some spirit and gain 300 of another stat.

Im not in beta and can't properly play around with numbers but that's how I believe it will turn out, As for the Gnomes being great earlier tier, I coudn't convince myself to play one :3

Seeing as im going back to Horde im trying to decide between Belf/Pandaran, I see the 50% fall damage being great in PvE also, Belf casting animations bug me so much for somereason :S
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-08-29 at 09:15 PM.

Some nice changes

-- We increased the damage of Spinning Crane Kick, Rushing Jade Wind, Crackling Tiger Lightning, and Chi Torpedo by 10%. We also reduced the period and duration of Spinning Crane Kick by 25%, and made it affected by melee haste.

-- We increased the healing of Chi Torpedo by 25%, but Chi Torpedo and Expel Harm no longer cause Eminence. As mentioned before, the general principle here is that spells and abilities which do both damage and healing are balanced around the healing they do, and don’t need to do additional healing through Eminence.

08/29/2012 10:20 PMPosted by Ghostcrawler
    Has anyone figured out (or could a blue just tell us) how the mistweaver mastery proc rate works with AE heals? Does the chance apply evenly to every effective heal from soothing mist to SCK in the middle of 25 people, or do AE heals have the proc chance reduced? If so, by how much?

Since Mistweavers heal from such a significant variety of spells, some of which tick very fast, it’s not purely a raw chance per heal event. The chance displayed on your Mastery tooltip is the base chance, but there’s a multiplier on ticks from various overly frequent sources:

-- Renewing Mist: 0.25
    -- Zen Sphere (Periodic): 0.25
    -- Soothing Mist: 0.3
    -- Soothing Mist (Statue): 0.15
    -- Enveloping Mist: 0.2
    -- Eminence: 0.2
    -- Eminence (Statue): 0.1
    -- Chi Torpedo: 0.1
    -- Spinning Crane Kick: 0.1

Deleted
    We also reduced the period and duration of Spinning Crane Kick by 25%, and made it affected by melee haste.
    I don't know if that's a nerf or a buff.

Well if it still heals for the same its awesomesauce

Deleted
    I would say a buff. They've reduced the duration by 25% and buffed the healing by 25% so that should balance out the base healing. Then to also add scaling from melee haste should constitute a buff in itself assuming that it scales for mistweavers as well.

Ah misread the second bit. The 25% buff was to Chi Torpedo. Have to wait and see when the build with it goes live I suppose. The scaling from haste should be interesting though. Gives more stat weight to haste.
    Last edited by mmocd207cb547a; 2012-08-30 at 04:56 PM.

I wonder if melee haste and cast haste is 2 diffrent things?

Deleted
    I don't know if that's a nerf or a buff.
    Huge buff, 25% faster and it now benefits from melee haste

Update on the mastery proc

Updated Gift of the Serpent proc scalars:

• Renewing Mist: 0.15
    • Chi Wave: 0.25
    • Zen Sphere (Periodic): 0.25
    • Zen Sphere (Detonate): 0.15
    • Chi Burst: 0.15
    • Soothing Mist: 0.3
    • Soothing Mist (Statue): 0.15
    • Enveloping Mist: 0.2
    • Uplift: 0.25
    • Revival: 0.15
    • Eminence (Self and Xuen): 0.2
    • Eminence (Statue): 0.1
    • Chi Torpedo: 0.15
    • Spinning Crane Kick: 0.1

Deleted
    I wonder if melee haste and cast haste is 2 diffrent things?
    Not on gear. Gear has haste that is both melee and spell haste. However, spell haste buff and melee haste buff are two different things.

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 05:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    Huge buff, 25% faster and it now benefits from melee haste
    No, the duration is 25% less so now you use the same amount of mana for less healing. At least that's what I read.
    Last edited by mmoc67e7f8beac; 2012-08-30 at 05:35 PM.

So SCK would be better to use with a 2-handed wep then since we get melee haste from the bonus

No, the duration is 25% less so now you use the same amount of mana for less healing. At least that's what I read.
    Judging from the information that Tatuin quoted. It states both duration and period are reduced by 25% thus resulting in the same number of ticks without haste as before just over a shorter time. Add in being affected by melee haste, and it should be a buff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian9 View Post
    Judging from the information that Tatuin quoted. It states both duration and period are reduced by 25% thus resulting in the same number of ticks without haste as before just over a shorter time. Add in being affected by melee haste, and it should be a buff.
    Yup, confirmined by the beta datamines. My bad.

So what is the general consensus of this spec? I was reading a thread on the official forums stating that Mistweavers failed at Raid healing due to Renewing Mists and uplift. Also that they have far too many abilities, are clunky due to their distance vs melee healing, and are slow to build chi.

Is this true?

Deleted
    So SCK would be better to use with a 2-handed wep then since we get melee haste from the bonus
    Checked this morning and the 40% Melee haste from two handers isn't affecting Spinning Crane Kick.

Base line SCK is now 2.25 seconds duration ticks every 0.75 seconds.

With one hand and offhand giving 2232 (5.25%) melee haste SCK is 2.14 seconds duration ticking every 0.71 seconds.

With two hand giving 2157 (47.11%) melee haste SCK is 2.14 seconds duration ticking every 0.71 seconds.

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 06:49 AM ----------

That was probably an old post during one of the many changes to mistweavers during the beta. Right now they are looking to be in a good position for raiding good at both single target and raid healing. I don't feel that they have too many abilities, I'm pretty sure all the healers are very close in terms of true healing abilities and the only differences comes in cd's and utility abilities. Even with that we'd probably have less abilities than paladins.

Clunky due to distance vs melee healing I don't really understand. We have pretty different sets of abilities to use when either meleeing a boss or ranged healing and both feel good to use and offer a little bit of choice in both cases.

Being slow to build Chi I'm not sure about. It feels ok to me where it's at. There is a few different methods of building chi and those mostly fall into your method of healing at the time. Melee healing you're getting Chi with every Jab and once every 8 seconds with Renewing Mist. AoE healing you're getting Chi every 2.2 seconds with Spinning Crane Kick and again every 8 seconds with Renewing Mist. Single healing is a little RNG giving you a 25% chance to gain Chi every second with Soothing Mist and again 1 with Renewing Mist and also 1 with Surging Mist when you need the big heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagri View Post
    \That was probably an old post during one of the many changes to mistweavers during the beta. Right now they are looking to be in a good position for raiding good at both single target and raid healing. I don't feel that they have too many abilities, I'm pretty sure all the healers are very close in terms of true healing abilities and the only differences comes in cd's and utility abilities. Even with that we'd probably have less abilities than paladins.

Clunky due to distance vs melee healing I don't really understand. We have pretty different sets of abilities to use when either meleeing a boss or ranged healing and both feel good to use and offer a little bit of choice in both cases.

Being slow to build Chi I'm not sure about. It feels ok to me where it's at. There is a few different methods of building chi and those mostly fall into your method of healing at the time. Melee healing you're getting Chi with every Jab and once every 8 seconds with Renewing Mist. AoE healing you're getting Chi every 2.2 seconds with Spinning Crane Kick and again every 8 seconds with Renewing Mist. Single healing is a little RNG giving you a 25% chance to gain Chi every second with Soothing Mist and again 1 with Renewing Mist and also 1 with Surging Mist when you need the big heals.

Well here's the thread;

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6412422268

It's actually a recent post. I just wanted this forum's view on it since I trust your opinions more than the whining on the official forums.

Here's some things that stuck out to me;

First is that Renewing Mist and Uplift are just not fun mechanics. PoM, which seems to be an inspiration for RM, is a fun spell. It has a fun visual, a visceral impact, an iconic sound, and if it picks a bad target, it's not a huge issue -- more or less fire and forget. RM is the opposite; you are chained to using it on cooldown because it's our primary AOE ability. You have to get it out so that, down the road, you can perhaps Uplift it. This is incredibly backwards and ties you to a fixed, forced cooldown of a spell that you have to cast when no one needs healing... that means that when you cast it, it doesn't "feel" good. It feels like a chore. It spreads slowly and offers modest healing (and none immediately healed). It's a tax, especially with how it interacts with Uplift.
    That leads to Chi itself. The more I reflect on it, the less I believe Chi is a suitable mechanic for healers, at least not as it is handled today. It basically requires a certain rotational gameplay that discourages watching the raid or reacting. If you don't keep a certain cycle of generating and spending Chi, you basically aren't healing, or you're wasting resources. It isn't like Holy Power; it's far more rotational and less "build up and release" like HoPo is. Chi is a fine mechanic for DPSing and tanking... but it just doesn't fit a real healing style.
    Moving onto other issues besides AOE healing -- DPS healing. Fundamentally, DPSing and Healing are incompatible, at least in the WoW model. That is fine because, as it currently stands, pure DPSing as a Mistweaver is a pretty boring "rotation" of a handful of spells, no procs, and, fundamentally, produces little DPS and modest amounts of healing. This leaves Mistweavers in their current state where it's optimal to throw out a few DPS abilities to maintain debuffs for background heals, use Jab to generate Chi, and use other healing abilities. So you're watching two debuffs, RM's cooldown, and Mana Tea's cooldown. A tremendous amount of GCDs and mental bandwidth get devoted to these chores. It gets much worse when you also have to move to stay in range of the target -- watch your unit frames, watch your boss position, watch out for melee dangers, watch out for cooldowns on MT/RM.
    Finally;

I want to emphasize the problem isn't that it is difficult. Difficulty is what underscores the performance of good players. The problem is it isn't fun to me because of fundamental design decisions that, to me, just aren't that appealing. The mechanics and rotation just aren't fun. Mistweavers are sustaining healers, not reactive healers, with a DPS resource system that promotes rigid, rotational, preparational play rather than reacting to the fight. Perhaps this is the goal. Perhaps this is the design, and perhaps it will appeal more to non-healers. But as a healer, I am very regrettably just not enjoying the class. I feel like I lack tools to react to problems and am taxed significantly with a lot of upkeep. In short, it isn't fun.
    I understand that this is her opinion, but her argument really got me a bit concerned. She really made MW seem like an incredibly tedious spec to play as. Unfortunately, since I'm not in beta, there's no way for me to verify what she's saying. I was hoping maybe you guys could give me your point of view on her arguments.
    Last edited by Rhamses; 2012-08-31 at 06:43 AM.