Page 6 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Another thing that would have to happen with attaching mastery to the statue would be the removal of a cooldown on the statue. Would be next to useless in battlegrounds or larger area raids where you may run out of range of it and still have 2 mins of a wait before you could benefit from mastery again.

I cant really say why they have a CD on it. Since on boss fights melee healers need to have it out to get 100% dmg done to healing. and if you move to far away from it no one gets the 50% heal from the statue. And have us limited to the statue that much is kinda stupid. Mabye they should add we can have 2 statue but they must be 40 yards betwen eachother?

Deleted
    Having 2 statues would probably lead to each doing half the healing of one so as to not become overpowered. It could work and it would be nice to have 1 in melee and 1 in ranged groups.

It does seem quite wierd having such a long cd on the statue especially when it has an extremely long duration and isn't being used as a cooldown. The only reason I can see for the cooldown and duration on the statue is a worry over it becoming overpowered in pvp. A way of fixing that could be to use the new charges system they've got for roll and a few other abilities. Possibly having 2 charges on a 20-30 sec cd would enable people to keep the uptime of their statues in raids where there may be limited movement but allow for people to disadvantage monks in pvp by pulling them away from their statue.

Or if you replace your statue the old one disapers so you never can have 2 out at the same time

Deleted
    Yeah that's what I was meaning, but with the 2 charges and short cd it does allow for smart people to negate it in pvp. Assuming that is the reason for it having it's current cd of course.

Or just give it a short cd of 30 secs on it's own I suppose. No need to make it more complicated with charges

Deleted
    Lotsa Mistweaver DPS-healing nerfs this patch. Hopefully it won't make the healing style completely meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    Lotsa Mistweaver DPS-healing nerfs this patch. Hopefully it won't make the healing style completely meaningless.
    Hoping its a balance nerf not a nerf nerf. Most likely to balance lvl 90 since we could heal by only dpsing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Hoping its a balance nerf not a nerf nerf. Most likely to balance lvl 90 since we could heal by only dpsing.
    Well wasnt it a ide that we could heal just rue dmg? and it really suck they nerfed the autoattack buff doen to 25%. Really really bad

Deleted
    I actually thought that that was intended. And I hope it is, it's one of the things that attracted me the most to monk healing.

I dunno, though, without any numbers it's hard to say if this was balancing or an unwarranted nerf, Windwalkers got a huge hit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    Well wasnt it a ide that we could heal just rue dmg? and it really suck they nerfed the autoattack buff doen to 25%. Really really bad
    Yea I honestly knew it woudn't last due to people complaining that its op. Its still a great advantage especially in PvP.

We'll have to wait till someone comes back here from beta telling us how bad it is
    Fingers crossed for good news.

Deleted
    I don't think dps'ing through healing will ever be a valid playstyle compared to cast healing. To balance it properly you have to take into account how much dps you provide to the group and reduce the healing output accordingly. Otherwise a dps'ing mistweaver becomes essential to every raid. It'll probably end up as an option but just not going to be as efficient as normal healing like smite healing for disc. There will probably be some encounters where it'll be very effective and of course once you overgear content it'll probably be efficient enough to use fulltime.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagri View Post
    I don't think dps'ing through healing will ever be a valid playstyle compared to cast healing. To balance it properly you have to take into account how much dps you provide to the group and reduce the healing output accordingly. Otherwise a dps'ing mistweaver becomes essential to every raid. It'll probably end up as an option but just not going to be as efficient as normal healing like smite healing for disc. There will probably be some encounters where it'll be very effective and of course once you overgear content it'll probably be efficient enough to use fulltime.
    Exactly, Although we would love it, it really would be bad for other healers. Imagining a monk doing say 50k dps and 50k hps keeping up with healers and dps would be completly unfair. Im glad that we actually have the option to heal through damage it provides 3 different healing playstyles by either Casting, Dpsing or taking in a bit from both worlds. It's still going to be a great fun and in the end of the day atleast we can say we do heal from damaging unlike all healers (Excluding smite priests)

well thats why they could nerf the dmg we do but increase the healing from eminance. In full hc blue gear i made around 15-18k dps and could keep the party topped in a boss fight. So im cool if they nerf the dmg but increase the healing then

Sadly, I saw this coming as majority of Mistweaver were standing in melee-> auto attacking with the occasional Blackout Kick or Tiger Palm.
    It was too efficient way of healing and was bound to get nerfed before raids we're released for testing.

With raids fixing to be released, I'm rushing to find a group to run 10's/25's with so I can see how Mistweavers perform in a raid scene and hope to grab some footage also.

On that note: How does one go about stickying this thread?!
    Last edited by MixelPlx; 2012-06-21 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EGTactics View Post
    Sadly, I saw this coming as majority of Mistweaver were standing in melee-> auto attacking with the occasional Blackout Kick or Tiger Palm.
    It was too efficient way of healing and was bound to get nerfed before raids we're released for testing.

With raids fixing to be released, I'm rushing to find a group to run 10's/25's with so I can see how Mistweavers perform in a raid scene and hope to grab some footage also.

Sounds great! Can't wait to see some mistweaver raiding PoV

Best bet would probably would be to contact one of the mods in-charge of the Monk forum.

Edit: Yea its silly not to expect it to be nerfed any monk should be happy that we can actually heal from damage and alot better than smite priests and as said above we have 3 different playstyles for healing.

Sounds great! Can't wait to see some mistweaver raiding PoV

Best bet would probably would be to contact one of the mods in-charge of the Monk forum.

Edit: Yea its silly not to expect it to be nerfed any monk should be happy that we can actually heal from damage and alot better than smite priests and as said above we have 3 different playstyles for healing.
    At least it allows us to adjust to each raid/dungeon encounter without having the same repetitive feel that most healers have.

At least it allows us to adjust to each raid/dungeon encounter without having the same repetitive feel that most healers have.
    Exactly right which is what I love the class itself is versatile being a healer/tank and dps then even the healing can be versatile too

Deleted
    This latest patch has sorted Chi Torpedo working with Celerity. Sadly Zen Sphere and Chi Torpedo's healing numbers still seem bugged. Unless Zen Sphere is supposed to only heal 1.2k per tick for Mistweavers and 22k per tick for Windwalker / Brewmaster.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 02:06 PM ----------

Chi Burst is now working with mouseover macros. It does seem to have a new bug though in that it only heals if it also damage in the same path. Was testing at dummies in org and no matter how I cast it and how many players it passed it would not heal anyone unless it also passed through a dummy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Done and done!
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

This latest patch has sorted Chi Torpedo working with Celerity. Sadly Zen Sphere and Chi Torpedo's healing numbers still seem bugged. Unless Zen Sphere is supposed to only heal 1.2k per tick for Mistweavers and 22k per tick for Windwalker / Brewmaster.

Chi Burst is now working with mouseover macros. It does seem to have a new bug though in that it only heals if it also damage in the same path. Was testing at dummies in org and no matter how I cast it and how many players it passed it would not heal anyone unless it also passed through a dummy.
    Zen Sphere is still bugged when it comes to benefiting from Intellect.

I also tested out Chi Burst and it appears you don't heal targets in the path of the burst, but only once it reaches its target. Weird bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    Done and done!
    Tyvm!