How come decent weapons dont drop in Act I?

I have gotten quite a few pieces of gear farming act I that have sold for at least a million and a lot that go for 300-500k. But I havent gotten a single weapon worth putting on the AH, I just salvage them all. I mean whos gonna buy a 600 DPS 2 hander when they can get a 1000 DPS one for less than 20k?

In basic terms, the item drops in Act 1 and 2 aren't as good as the item drops in Act 3 and 4.

However, in patch 1.0.3, blizz is fixing Act 1 and 2 so that they WILL drop the 900+ dps weapons, but at a smaller chance than Act 3 and 4.

And...1k DPS 2hander for under 20k? wat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Currently act one doesn't drop ilevel 63 gear which is the 800+ DPS weapons as far as I'm aware. In the next major patch you'll have a 2% chance to get max level weapons though.

ilevel 60-61 armor (good proc) can be as good as ilevel 63 armor (low proc), but it seems like the minimum damage on weapons changes drastically through the tiers, and everyone is looking purely for the max DPS on a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post

And...1k DPS 2hander for under 20k? wat.
    They are blues but still perfect from someone just starting Inferno or your followers.

Deleted
    Yeah until patch 1.0.3 you might as well vendor or salvage any weapons from act 1, they are nearly guaranteed to be useless unless they have -level req for your alts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    I have gotten quite a few pieces of gear farming act I that have sold for at least a million and a lot that go for 300-500k. But I havent gotten a single weapon worth putting on the AH, I just salvage them all. I mean whos gonna buy a 600 DPS 2 hander when they can get a 1000 DPS one for less than 20k?
    Because that kind of gear drops from act 3 & 4. That's how it's been from the start; the best gear drops from last acts. Atm, I think the gear you get in act I, at best, is from act 2, though the drop rate is insanely low. The reason nobody buys a 600 DPS weapon is because there is an over-abundance of 1000 DPS weapons from people who are over farming the last acts. Up until now, it's been possible to basically get this stuff for free by abusing Tyrael and that kind of thing. It's been nerfed but too little, too late imo.

It's why so many people stuck in Act I can't make enough gold to buy the expensive gear they need because the gear they are able to farm is devalued.

ilvl61 weapons can't be better than i63 items. Whereas i61 armor can have as good stats as i63 items can.

You need to start looking at the damage range on a weapon and stop looking at that big number up top. Some really high DPS weapons have some pretty bad damage ranges. The big number can be deceiving. Try to look at the range instead.