Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm absolutely fine with avatar as it is. But if they feel like they must alter it... any sort of transformation or shapeshifting should seriously be off the table. Warriors should remain as a basic class without any kind of unnatural hocus-pocus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mil55 View Post
    I'm absolutely fine with avatar as it is. But if they feel like they must alter it... any sort of transformation or shapeshifting should seriously be off the table. Warriors should remain as a basic class without any kind of unnatural hocus-pocus.
    Well then they have already failed, : ) As we already have tones of ''hocus-pocus'' spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Punctured View Post
    Hahaha! Dude youre just in complete denial at this point, im done arguing with you because you just want to that your definition of a "Warrior" is the true definition and it isnt. Do you realize that Thunderclap used to be nature damage ? Hahaha Oh wait you clearly havent been playing the game that long, nor do you have the extent of knowledge that you think you have.
    If you want to believe thunderclap and shouts that inspire increased performance makes us wizards in plate, you are welcome to that opinion - but don't expect anyone else to accept it. The Warrior is a battle-hardened veteran who uses his or her own physical strength to overpower their enemies.

In a game, where a Rogue can stick their arm into a bladestorm and keep it, but I can't grab his daggers by the blade with my hands and shard them, there are going to be things that do not make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by L Kebess View Post
    Well by definition a ''Warrior'' is simply someone who participates in wars and combats. Now weather he uses magic or not, it has absolutely nothing to do whit this basic definition.
    well this has veered fairly well off topic

not that this thread didn't suck in the first place, but i digress

It's an argument about the archetype. In the RPG World, Warriors are usually seen as musclebound freaks that overcome any difficulty they face with brute strength, heavy equipment and big weapons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by L Kebess View Post
    Well then they have already failed, : ) As we already have tones of ''hocus-pocus'' spells.
    Warriors have maybe three abilities that I wouldn't consider physical. Thunder Clap, Shockwave and upcoming Storm Bolt. Well okay, I can accept those, but a transformation would seriously feel way out of place in my opinion, and I hope we won't see such. Some sort of other visual effects could be added to surround the warrior during the ability I guess, but I can't think of anything that would suit them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    If you want to believe thunderclap and shouts that inspire increased performance makes us wizards in plate, you are welcome to that opinion - but don't expect anyone else to accept it. The Warrior is a battle-hardened veteran who uses his or her own physical strength to overpower their enemies.

In a game, where a Rogue can stick their arm into a bladestorm and keep it, but I can't grab his daggers by the blade with my hands and shard them, there are going to be things that do not make sense.

well this has veered fairly well off topic

not that this thread didn't suck in the first place, but i digress

It's an argument about the archetype. In the RPG World, Warriors are usually seen as musclebound freaks that overcome any difficulty they face with brute strength, heavy equipment and big weapons.
    The Warrior is a battle-hardened veteran who uses his or her own physical strength to overpower their enemies.

Then by that Rogues dont use magic either correct ? Correct, Rogues have never had magic either until Mists of Pandaria.

New ability

Shadow Blades - Draw upon the power of the surrounding shadows, dealing pure shadow damage from auto attacks and giving you an extra combo point when you use abilities that generate a combo point, for 12 seconds.

Shroud of concealment - Use the power of the shadows to cloak and conceal your allies withen 20 yards.

Thats magic right there. Rogues by definition are opportunist who use gorilla tactics and poison to kill their adversaries.

People like you are holding back the Warrior Class.

The Warrior is a battle-hardened veteran who uses his or her own physical strength to overpower their enemies.

Then by that Rogues dont use magic either correct ? Correct, Rogues have never had magic either until Mists of Pandaria.

New ability

Shadow Blades - Draw upon the power of the surrounding shadows, dealing pure shadow damage from auto attacks and giving you an extra combo point when you use abilities that generate a combo point, for 12 seconds.

Shroud of concealment - Use the power of the shadows to cloak and conceal your allies withen 20 yards.

Thats magic right there. Rogues by definition are opportunist who use gorilla tactics and poison to kill their adversaries.

People like you are holding back the Warrior Class.
    Rogues =/= Warrior

We don't need puny magic. Muscles > magic.

People like you are trying to push the Warrior Class in a direction it should not be taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Rogues =/= Warrior

We don't need puny magic. Muscles > magic.

People like you are trying to push the Warrior Class in a direction it should not be taken.
    Alright youre now on ignore, im sick and tired of your retarded roleplaying.

Rogues are the exact same as Warriors, just different ways of going about things.

You have by far the most ignorant responses.

Alright youre now on ignore, im sick and tired of your retarded roleplaying.

Rogues are the exact same as Warriors, just different ways of going about things.

You have by far the most ignorant responses.
    It's not called an MMORPG for no reason.

-lol!- It's Beast Within, without the Red. Recycled shit is recycled.
    Last edited by Asatru; 2012-06-17 at 06:47 AM.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

It's not called an MMORPG for no reason.
    I must be talking to a 12 year old, are you illiterate ? We are on a FORUM about the MMORPG, WE ARE NOT PLAYING IT. Get that through your head or are you incapable of processing something soo simple ?

Keep it civil please ~ Lohe
    Last edited by Siri; 2012-06-17 at 05:29 PM.

I must be talking to a 12 year old, are you illiterate ? We are on a FORUM about the MMORPG, WE ARE NOT PLAYING IT. Get that through your head or are you incapable of processing something soo simple ?
    We may be on a forum, but we are talking about the game itself. Or, if you insist on being so technical, a future version of said game.

And how did this discussion go from "warriors are/aren't magic users" to "this is a forum/game"?

No need for the harshness. And I agree that my logical responses backed by good, lore evidence is totally ignorant, much like yours that have absolutely none at all.

We may be on a forum, but we are talking about the game itself. Or, if you insist on being so technical, a future version of said game.

And how did this discussion go from "warriors are/aren't magic users" to "this is a forum/game"?

No need for the harshness. And I agree that my logical responses backed by good, lore evidence is totally ignorant, much like yours that have absolutely none at all.
    Now youre just trying to derail it even further. How did we get to this point ? Because your "HERP DERP WARRIORS ARE MUSCLES WE SMASH WITH MUSCLE NOTHING ELSE". Yeah thats totally a good backing, your opinionated ideals on what a Warrior is. This is a forum, this is for discussion about the game, not roleplaying like youre playing the game, if you want to go roleplay go do it in game and not on the forums. It makes you look stupid when you sit here and repeat the same thing over and over, that Warriors are just pure Strength and nothing more.

Youre still trying to go on about Lore and Gameplay ? I already proved you wrong about shouts and thunderclap buddy.

Lore evidence is Ignorant ? You might want to look through that list i linked. One of the Major NPCS, Illidan, is a Warrior. Yet hes able summon fire and demons as if he were a Warlock. Again proving you completely wrong, that Warriors are all muscle and are incapable of using any sort of magic.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=22917#abilities

Now youre just trying to derail it even further. How did we get to this point ? Because your "HERP DERP WARRIORS ARE MUSCLES WE SMASH WITH MUSCLE NOTHING ELSE". Yeah thats totally a good backing, your opinionated ideals on what a Warrior is. This is a forum, this is for discussion about the game, not roleplaying like youre playing the game, if you want to go roleplay go do it in game and not on the forums. It makes you look stupid when you sit here and repeat the same thing over and over, that Warriors are just pure Strength and nothing more.

Youre still trying to go on about Lore and Gameplay ? I already proved you wrong about shouts and thunderclap buddy.

Lore evidence is Ignorant ? You might want to look through that list i linked. One of the Major NPCS, Illidan, is a Warrior. Yet hes able summon fire and demons as if he were a Warlock. Again proving you completely wrong, that Warriors are all muscle and are incapable of using any sort of magic.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=22917#abilities
    Well, it seems I must prove you wrong, yet again, though it seems hopeless.

Illidan is demon-corrupted - As evidenced by his wings, horns, hooves, etc. Not to mention that he was a powerful sorcerer even before his transformation. THis is why he is not solely a warrior. He is a powerful sorcerer who knows how to wield a sword. Not a warrior.

Shouts are not magical. They are words of encouragement and inspiration. Thunderclap is a simple stomp. Not magical.

I have been discussing, and backing my opinion with facts and such that as evidence to my cause. You have been insulting from the beginning.

In case you missed it, I refuted that list, because 1. Wowwiki is not a credible source (PM the RP forum moderator, and ask him if you don't believe me), and 2. Every warrior on that list is a regular warrior, or has some other powers that make him a not-pure warrior class.

Well, it seems I must prove you wrong, yet again, though it seems hopeless.

Illidan is demon-corrupted - As evidenced by his wings, horns, hooves, etc. Not to mention that he was a powerful sorcerer even before his transformation. THis is why he is not solely a warrior. He is a powerful sorcerer who knows how to wield a sword. Not a warrior.

Shouts are not magical. They are words of encouragement and inspiration. Thunderclap is a simple stomp. Not magical.

I have been discussing, and backing my opinion with facts and such that as evidence to my cause. You have been insulting from the beginning.

In case you missed it, I refuted that list, because 1. Wowwiki is not a credible source (PM the RP forum moderator, and ask him if you don't believe me), and 2. Every warrior on that list is a regular warrior, or has some other powers that make him a not-pure warrior class.
    LMAO. Wowwiki isnt a reliable source, only Wowpedia is. DO YOU REALIZE THAT INFORMATION IS COPIED AND PASTED FROM ONE ANOTHER ? LOL!

GO TO YOUR BELOVED WOWPEDIA-Warrior AND SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE BOTTOM WHERE IT SAYS SPELLS LOL!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/613989-thunder-clap

There you go kiddo, since you clearly dont believe it was once nature damage like i said it was.

Warriors are Warriors, it doesnt matter if theyre a demon, if theyre cursed, or anything. THEY ARE A WARRIOR

LOL

Sargeras for christ sake is a Warrior.

Goodness for someone who roleplays you sure dont know very much.

LMAO. Wowwiki isnt a reliable source, only Wowpedia is. DO YOU REALIZE THAT INFORMATION IS COPIED AND PASTED FROM ONE ANOTHER ? LOL!

GO TO YOUR BELOVED WOWPEDIA-Warrior AND SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE BOTTOM WHERE IT SAYS SPELLS LOL!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/613989-thunder-clap

There you go kiddo, since you clearly dont believe it was once nature damage like i said it was.

Warriors are Warriors, it doesnt matter if theyre a demon, if theyre cursed, or anything. THEY ARE A WARRIOR

LOL

Sargeras for christ sake is a Warrior.

Goodness for someone who roleplays you sure dont know very much.
    I know Thunder clap was once nature damage, thank you for pointing that out. Never said I didn't believe, by the way.

Ask any moderator - Wowwiki isn't a credible source. Wowpedia is hosted by Curse, Wowwiki can be edited by anyone (Which is why it's not credible).

Indeed, it does matter - For one cannot be a true warrior if one has other methods of fighting in their arsenal.

Sargeras was a warrior, once. He is now a demon-corrupted god. He certainly has more power than a warrior.

If you want an example of a true warrior, look at Broxigar or Varok. Both are prime examples.

I know Thunder clap was once nature damage, thank you for pointing that out. Never said I didn't believe, by the way.

Ask any moderator - Wowwiki isn't a credible source. Wowpedia is hosted by Curse, Wowwiki can be edited by anyone (Which is why it's not credible).

Indeed, it does matter - For one cannot be a true warrior if one has other methods of fighting in their arsenal.

Sargeras was a warrior, once. He is now a demon-corrupted god. He certainly has more power than a warrior.

If you want an example of a true warrior, look at Broxigar or Varok. Both are prime examples.
    Sigh... Im seriously done with arguing with you, because ive proved everything ive said with lore, in-game abilities, and NPCS. Yet you still try to refute that im correct, youre saying that to be a Warrior, you cant have any other special abilities, whether obtained by a curse, corruption, racials, etc. Which is obviously not true.

Deleted
    @Shadow-cleave :

No one ever said Warriors should become a magic class, if that's what's bothering you.
    All most disagreeing with you wants is a more ''opened'' view, so that the class can keep evolving and stay competitive with other classes. If you go ahead always say, yeah but no that is not physical enough so the Warrior can't have it, then you'll end up with nothing, when every other class have plenty of powerful stuff to play with weather it's in PvP or PvE.

If a spell were to enable the Warrior to lets say ''contract'' every single muscle in his body under the effect of pure anger and thus physically appear a bit different (due to the muscle contraction) and deal more damage, wouldn't you agree with it ? This could be applied to the Avatar model.

Avatar : The Warrior gets completely furious and contracts every single muscle in his body, making him physically appear more threatening, and makes his attacks deal 20% more damage. This effects can only last for 30 sec.

This here allows you to make a design in which the Avatar animation looks much better and cooler, by changing a bit the appearance of the Warrior. You could give him more muscled arms and legs, make him grow a little in size and give him an angrier appearance, etc... and you'd still be respecting this RP thing. No one is asking them to give Warriors yellow wings...

The only problem is that blizz is too damn lazy to go and do such a thing, and you people are being so naive that you're actually supporting them...
    Last edited by mmocd210ee9388; 2012-06-17 at 06:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Holy fuck this is like the 5th thread about this.

http://i.imgur.com/dS7Pt.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/Zo0zK.jpg

It looks fine and you won't even notice it during combat most of the time. So quit your bitching.
    sup .

"this"-posts are not allowed ~ Lohe
    Last edited by Siri; 2012-06-17 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    sup .
    Try posting constructively, things are already well animated enough around here.

(PS : Unless you're trying to get this thread completely spammed like the other one. You know it doesn't take much...)

Don't backseat moderate, just report the post ~ Lohe
    Last edited by Siri; 2012-06-17 at 06:05 PM.

lol he reported me for flaming him because he knows im right, thats hilarious. Way to misuse the reporting system.