Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Project Titan Announcements

Given that theres no Blizzcon this year, are we unlikely to hear anything else about title till next year? If so it makes the claim on the wikipedia page that its going to be released next summer seem unlikely.

Wikipedia definitely has it wrong. Nothing whatsoever has been revealed about the game, other than it's in production. And I doubt we'll hear anything until at least the next Blizzcon. This is probably one game people are the most eager to find out about. No way they're gonna announce it at anything but Blizzcon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just because something's on wikipedia doesn't mean it's true, I've never heard any indications of a release date coming even remotely soon. The game hasn't even been announced, and it'll probably still be at least a couple years away from launch when they do announce it.

They probably won't announce this game outside of Blizzcon so it'll be announced next year at the earliest.

10+ Year Old Account
    The time it took D3 and SC2 to be released, I bet it will be released sometime next century

15+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion, they should probably start releasing information about it sooner than later. If they keep people in the dark the rumours and speculation are just going to grow and grow. Anything they announce at that point will be a disappointment in some way. I don't really see why it's such a big secret anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    People that are disappointed by a game based on their speculations when nothing besides the internal production codename is revealed...wow stupid much?

And the secrecy is good PR work, because people are more interested in things the less they know about.

Deleted
    Wikipedia does NOT have it wrong.

Wikipedia does not say it will be released next summer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    In my opinion, they should probably start releasing information about it sooner than later. If they keep people in the dark the rumours and speculation are just going to grow and grow. Anything they announce at that point will be a disappointment in some way. I don't really see why it's such a big secret anyways.
    On the contrary : the sooner they start giving information, the more the hype will grow and the more people that will be disappointed. Look at Diablo III. Expectations were so high, that a lot of people ruined it for themselves, while others who didn't follow the hype and those that just waited until the day of release, they're all satisfied with the game. The less you know about a game, the less expectations you have and the better you'll like it when you get to play it.

A second thing to keep in mind, is that Blizzard is the current king of MMO land and every other MMO game developer is looking at what Blizzard does and tries to improve those things. If Blizzard is gonna reveal all their new game ideas and gameplay elements, there's a big chance, some other developer is gonna steal those ideas and put them in their own MMO and possibly even release it beforethan Titan. If Blizzard waits and holds back on information, then no one else can release an MMO with Blizzard's new ideas before they release Titan.
    Last edited by mmoc1babaee008; 2012-06-13 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverspark View Post
    On the contrary : the sooner they start giving information, the more the hype will grow and the more people that will be disappointed. Look at Diablo III. Expectations were so high, that a lot of people ruined it for themselves, while others who didn't follow the hype and those that just waited until the day of release, they're all satisfied with the game. The less you know about a game, the less expectations you have and the better you'll like it when you get to play it.
    Wasn't Diablo 3 the fasted selling PC game of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    And I doubt we'll hear anything until at least the next Blizzcon
    Assuming there is a next Blizzcon.

Deleted
    Agree with this but I would say the reason there has been no news and why it's a secret is because Blizzard has release schedules for products and for news. They want to make sure, at all costs, that there is a buzz surrounding the company. If they *blow their load* all in one go and release all news in one there would be excitement and a press field day but they would rather it was more of a constant buzz. They strive for high quality so media-wise they cannot afford to give the game away.

Having said that I do think we will have some news after the next big release to fill that gap I am referring to above. I would expect to hear something a month or two after MOP release.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Watch out. You might be called a fan-boy/blizz-sympathizer/fact-stater from the angry ones around these parts.

OT: I'm with Fuzz on this one. The less people know about it, the more people will rely on their imagination to fill in the blanks. Even if all of the "best" gaming studios around the world worked together to create a super-game, it'll likely still pale in comparison to ideas we as fans create. (Mostly because of impossible expectations)

Will it release next summer? Almost certainly not. We should know loads more about it then than we do now though.

Rathalir Emberlight of the Crystal Desert realm

Deleted
    Keep in mind, this is unofficial, unconfirmed and basically untrustworthy:

http://titanfocus.info/page/index.ht...and-a-bomb-r50

Still. With production (actual game building) only REALLY starting in 2012, I'd expect something like a 2015-2016 release as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    Assuming there is a next Blizzcon.
    I honestly don't see why there won't be. They're huge for Blizzard in terms of PR. I know they take a loss for doing them, but if anyone has the spare cash it's Blizzard. And it gives them a convention that they have full control over, they can do and show pretty much whatever they like.

TBH, they're probably going to wait until EverQuest: Next is announced to start releasing Titan information, based on how they've done things in the past.

Deleted
    Couldnt agree more with this.

A fair few people I know for some reason think that because of what someone at blizzard said, or hinted at (dont ask me who, I dont know) that it might be a FPSMMO....

We shall see.... One day....

15+ Year Old Account
    That's a pretty good point. I'm kinda turned around on the whole thing now. I was in the camp of people that didn't follow D3's development as much. When it was released I enjoyed it quite a bit. My only complaint is it's a little short considering the fact that it's designed to be replayed a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    That doesn't have anything to do with it. Diablo III would've made records anyway, because of the name of the series. I'm not saying the hype didn't help. I would even say that a hype is good for sales, but things shouldn't be overhyped. Just start it up when your game is getting near completion, but don't start it years in advance.

The best release ever imo is still Max Payne. No one heard about it, it was a great game, and it hit like a bomb. No one knew what to expect, but everyone loved it.

Deleted
    That doesn't have anything to do with it. Diablo III would've made records anyway, because of the name of the series. I'm not saying the hype didn't help. I would even say that a hype is good for sales, but things shouldn't be overhyped. Just start it up when your game is getting near completion, but don't start it years in advance.
    Meh, if people are still dumb enough to buy into the hype, they deserve every dissapointment coming their way.
    In fact, isn't the dissapointments they get this way exactly what will teach them not to buy into hype again?

Saying that following D3's development ensued automatic disappointment sounds silly. People are always going to be up in arms about their disappointment, no matter how good or not a title is.

As far as Titan goes, I do hope we get some more information in general. 'Full production' is apparently starting sometime this year, so maybe that'll kick up some dust.