15+ Year Old Account

This might be a stupid question regarding Sub PvE, but...

...should I ignore finishers during Shadow Dance and just spam Ambush?
    Of course this is only if I don't have to refresh Rup/SnD/Recup, but you try to time your dances anyway, so...

Basically, I noticed that Evis rarely deals as much damage as Ambush, while the latter always hits like a truck, being a guaranteed crit and everything. I'm pretty much only hitting Evis during SD time because CPs are capped.

Deleted
    You should be using them Combo points for finishers. Be in SnD or Recup. Use them. It's a massive dps loss just spamming Ambush.

Ambush is not your main damage. Find Weakness is with Eviscerate and Backstab.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loktarok View Post
    Ambush is not your main damage.
    Well, thats kind of obvious

But thanks, I'll continue as normal then.
    Like I said, I had the impression that Ambush deals more damage during that limited time when it's usable, so I thought, why using Evis at all while dancing? But if you say not Eviscerating will result in lost dps, it seems to hit harder and I never noticed.

That was all then, thread can be closed.

Deleted
    Eviscerate even though it may seem to do balls dps in comparison to Ambush. It costs less then ambush and gives an energy gain. Not to mention the refresh on rupture. You'll also be renewing SnD and Recup at some point so rupture will fall off if you don't use it once during ShD.

However this is a plague Rogues have had to deal with for....well since forever. Our finishing moves hit like wet noodles and will probably continue to hit like wet noodles.

Quote Originally Posted by DerSenf View Post
    Basically, I noticed that Evis rarely deals as much damage as Ambush, while the latter always hits like a truck, being a guaranteed crit and everything. I'm pretty much only hitting Evis during SD time because CPs are capped.
    Ambush costs 40 energy. Eviscerate costs 10 energy after relentless strikes. Eviscerate offers *MUCH* more damage-per-energy. Use eviscerate during shadow dance--if anything so that you have enough energy to ambush right before SD fades for more FW uptime.

Deleted
    evis procs a energy return and means you don't go 0 energy during the dance, if however your in a state of hightened haste you will do more with spaming ambush as long as you kept snd/recoup up.
    examples of high haste ambush only -> alyrazor flying, madness + bloodlust ( due to the 20% from bronze added to blood bonus) or "sometimes" when you have the compas proc up just as your dancing. during a bloodlust