Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I do tempt to play aggressive taric when i have an burst AD with me. much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Niku, if you're claiming support is boring, you're a poor player.

Just sayin.
    That makes no sense. And I've had some fun with Janna recently.
    Last edited by Niku; 2012-06-15 at 02:37 PM.

I don't enjoy playing characters like Soraka and Sona, I find that to be pretty boring. However, characters like Janna, Lulu, and Alistar to name a few, can provide really fun and rewarding experiences. Nothing is better than saving your AD carry with a Lulu ult, or landing that clutch tornado to stop Katarina from getting a penta!

Support can be a lot more fun than people make it out to be, and a good support can make or break a game! It's a role everyone should know how to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Support is actually the only role I enjoy playing. I like feeling helpful, I guess. I win much more often when I play support, as well. I also do quite a bit better as a support than other roles. I usually do Soraka in case my AD's an idiot so I can go carry-mode. It happens occasionally. :x Only thing I hate is the "HEAL?" "WROMG WRY NO HEALZ?"

20 second CD.. =/

I really don't understand the support-hate. I also hate people that do ranked and decide they don't want/can't support. Don't go into ranked unless you can fill any role, especially without complaining. =/
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" - George Carlin

Deleted
    I like to play agressive supports, then again I pretty much enjoy them all but soraka,
    the only thing you have to really focus on with soraka, is getting the right silence in a teamfight, apart from keeping the right person alive ofcourse haha

Deleted
    Here is my advice: Play really aggresive supports to have fun, i usually never pick janna/soraka because they are boring, i pick something like Blitz/Leona/Gangplank, and especielly gangplank is my favorite, start with Q and just keep poking them down, if you catch either the support or the enemy AD carry abit out of position just go all in because you will win the trade. If the AD carry doesnt have ignite then pick ignite flash yourself, its ALOT of fun and sometimes you will get fed and just be a 5th damage dealer on your team

when i play with 1-2 buddies im generally solo top as you dont always get a proper meta in blind pick(my IRL friends dont like draft for some damn reason).

however when im with 3 or more friends i pick support at least 80% of the time. i really enjoy it as a good support will have a bigger impact then just about any other role(i never have the fresh champ so i cant be a silly OP AD carry). i cant count the times a sona ult, soraka silence, taric stun, etc. have won us a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I know you already know this but I LOVE support.

Currently playing Sona as my main, but I also have Janna unlocked who I love (I'm aiming to get Lulu next)

I think support champions are a lot more fun than any other champion.. except maybe Taric
    Yeah Taric is pretty dull. His biggest strength besides his stun is just an armor passive, really boring playstyle in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love playing support, usually play soraka, early game I am tempting bait(I've gotten kills from people diving me ) and mid-late game I am very tanky. The thing I really dislike doing is playing the ad in the duo lane, I'm fine with any other role. I honestly love people killing/trying to kill me when I play support, it makes me laugh because I watch as they get blown up by the rest of my team while they all focus me. 30 minutes in with 2.4k hp, 120+ armor and 140+ mr is fun, I make 3 gp5 items to start(end up at 3gps) and just watch the gold roll in. The dislike for soraka in this thread is kinda funny to me, cause I love playing her. Support with good sustain, two(three if you run Heal) heals, fairly high dmg once you get starcall, and an excellent silence. Locking down an enemy champ in team fights is so fun, watching Riven try and engage your team when she is silenced is awesome, my silence is hugely useful in teamfights(they have Malz? watch for his ult, they have WW? watch for his ult, ahri trying to escape? so many things you can stop them from doing with silence)
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2012-06-16 at 06:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I'm only good at support =/ when I try to play a damage champion I usually fail pretty hard at farming and thus late game.

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Theodore Von Karman

Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Yeah Taric is pretty dull. His biggest strength besides his stun is just an armor passive, really boring playstyle in my opinion.
    Differs from person to person, I imagine. Personally, I think it's fun to use Shatter, and see your AD carry drop theirs in a millisecond. Also stunning someone, blowing Shatter and Radiance (BOOM), they don't have a chance.

But other than that, he's just someone's personal heal/stun-bitch, which isn't exactly that fun.

I actually do enjoy playing support. I imagine most people don't like playing support because they don't get to have teh leet kills as support.

Taric is probably my favorite support because he has an awesome heal, armor buff/debuff, stun, and his ult is good for teamfighting. Plus he turns into another tank late game.

Love playing an offensive support. The rage you can get out of the other team is spectacular.
    RETH

I love playing as support Lulu. I'll even find myself chanting lululululu mid game (creepy i know). But when paired with a decent aggresive champion, bot lane quickly becomes the most fun out of all the other lanes.

I also get a lot of the "I have a support so I can be stupid" type of people. I kind of enjoy those people in a weird way simply because I have to pay twice as much attention to keep us both alive. It makes the game twice as exciting sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love supporting(but only in at least a 3 queue or 2queue if we're both bot) however it can get a little boring after a couple games and it's fun to switch it up. I main support Kayle.

support is boring and slow and it sucks, and the only people who can enjoy support are people who either aren`t that great/new at the game, or they just enjoy slow, passive gameplay, or like supporting others? idk, i think it`s horrible, and if i do have to, i`d prefer a kill lane with a friend or, blitz or someone fun.

i like being in the middle of a fight, you know? that`s where the fun and action is in the game for me, but then again in... really any game i play i usually play the melee warrior types, so maybe that`s just a playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    support is boring and slow and it sucks, and the only people who can enjoy support are people who either aren`t that great/new at the game, or they just enjoy slow, passive gameplay, or like supporting others? idk, i think it`s horrible, and if i do have to, i`d prefer a kill lane with a friend or, blitz or someone fun.

i like being in the middle of a fight, you know? that`s where the fun and action is in the game for me, but then again in... really any game i play i usually play the melee warrior types, so maybe that`s just a playstyle.
    you're playing support passive? You're doing it wrong. It's your job as a support to prevent the enemy AD carry from lasthitting efficiently (zoning, harassing when he's going for cs) while allowing your carry to farm. Sitting afk in the bush and doing nothing isn't good supporting. Not even with Soraka.

I like supporting as long as I've got a team which is worth supporting (= knows how to lasthit and position). They don't even have to be great at it. Just decent.

A support can carry his team by providing great map vision and good fight controll but he can't do it all alone. He needs at least a mediocre team, a bad team is impossible to protect in teamfights and will not use the opportunities created by the support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    A support can carry his team by providing great map vision and good fight controll but he can't do it all alone. He needs at least a mediocre team, a bad team is impossible to protect in teamfights and will not use the opportunities created by the support.
    That's the great thing about Blitzcrank and to a lesser extent Alistar. If you land a grab on a squishy, even the most stupid of ADs knows that this means you now kill them.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2012-06-17 at 12:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love playing Support Alistar

I can change entire games with a single headbutt

Deleted
    It's fun if you play with IRL friends, or a good AD carry or else it kinda sucks, when you see the bad AD carry wondering what last hitting is.