Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by buham View Post
    I don't disagree with what you're saying, but there's no need to project your own failures in life on other people over the internet, that's all.
    Assuming that I'm failing at life is laughable. Even if it wasn't the case I'm going to one of the top 10univs worldwide should I pass these exams this and next week, who has failed more at life, the man who sits there proclaiming on the internet that women are intellectually inferior, or the one who aimed for the stars and only just missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    What is it with all these immature sexist-threads lately, really.
    I only really see two people being sexist. I think I gave a rather reasoned explanation of why the policy existed in the first place. This was a discussion, please stop trolling it and contribute something useful.

Quote Originally Posted by RawrPala View Post
    Assuming that I'm failing at life is laughable. Even if it wasn't the case I'm going to one of the top 10univs worldwide should I pass these exams this and next week, who has failed more at life, the man who sits there proclaiming on the internet that women are intellectually inferior, or the one who aimed for the stars and only just missed?
    You're both equal in my book because you're both acting ridiculous.

Deleted
    i've had 2 female guild leaders. 1 rage quited and loged out during a raid leaving the rest of the guild clueless of why. 1 used the guildbanks money to buy epic flyer for herself and her friend, she didn't lead any of the raids that was the officers job...

I was vice guild leader over a hardcore raiding guild and we only got 1 apply from a woman (we didn't inv her, she was pure shit )

Imo theres alot of bad girls that play wow but theres alot of bad guys aswell, the only difference between the two, in my experience, is that girls often belive they will get boosted everywere. They rarely brings flask/food to raids and expect the guild to provide which is quite strange...

Deleted
    Our guild had quite a few females, as much as 5 in a 25 man raid at one point. Most of them were pretty good, indeed seemed calmer. There was one however who was a bit of a lootwhore, and tended to sulk when she didn't get her own way, which was a bit annoying since she was a fellow officer. We also had a girl at one point who turned out to be a massive lootwhore/guild hopper, using her tits to get epics. She was swiftly moved on.

Edit: That said, they were no worse than the males on the whole.

Yeah I've never seen these problems just with female players.

I don't see having a girl around as a problem, as long as she's not batting her virtual eyelashes at all the guys in the guild. That's a sure way to cause drama and jealousy. I ran a guild for about a year, maybe two, and we had several girls but they didn't ever cause drama. There were a few guys that were annoying, always chasing after them, but that wasn't the girls' faults. Having said that though, I think it's silly that some guilds specifically make sure they have a girl in the main mix, and are so heavily biased towards them over the guys in the guild. Basically, having girls around as fine, as long as the guild leaders don't favor them for being girls, and as long as the girls don't play the field and flirt with people.

Quote Originally Posted by TrashTalkingMobs View Post
    I only really see two people being sexist. I think I gave a rather reasoned explanation of why the policy existed in the first place. This was a discussion, please stop trolling it and contribute something useful.
    The problem, though, is that the original guild policy still had sexist leanings. Even if it was because of, say, the men not being able to keep it in their e-pants with a woman around, it's still inadvertently blaming the woman for the guy's bad behavior (therefore causing drama). For the record, I believe that exclusive female guilds are just as wrongly based because many operate on similar principles.

Of course I am. Are you suggesting that in the 21st century it's acceptable to call women "Intellectually inferior"?

I'm male and no way am I a feminist but that's just disgusting.
    It's acceptable in today's society because it's his opinion. He's not saying this from a scientific point of view, and he's not trying to force you guys to believe in his opinion. Do you have to agree with it? No, but it is "acceptable" for someone to say that. This whole touchy-feeling, grab-a-tissue society we have where we have to take the moral high ground with other people is ridiculous. Tell him you disagree, perhaps link to some studies that show how he is scientifically wrong, and move on. You gain nothing by acting like a white knight on an internet crusade, who believes that it's his duty alone to correct the flawed morals of our society.

OT: I've raided in tons of guilds in the past and often with women. I find that so long as you apply the same requirements to them as everyone else, things seem to work out OK. The one time it has frustrated me was when a guild of mine broke apart because two of the officers were dating and they had a vicious break up. But that can happen any number of ways, male or female.

If you want to run a raid that is male's only, go right ahead. I'm pretty sure you could still be successful. I don't think there's any direct correlation between "More women = more drama" so long as you control your guild properly. I've never had a female guild leader, nor have I seen one, so I can't really address your other point. As for a more homo-centric youth, I think you don't have a good grasp on today's younger generation. Is being gay morally and socially acceptable now? Sure. Do people run around giving others the impression that they're gay? Not from what I've seen. There are more jokes going on in my guild about being gay now than before, but it doesn't mean we're all trying to pretend that we are.

Deleted
    like I said, if you get this upset over random strangers on the internet, perhaps it's time for you to get a life, no offense

Deleted
    I've never had a bad experience with a female guild member, but i was in a guild where we had one regular female raider, who if she made a mistake would get calmly talked to, whereas the males would get an ear full.

Also if someone wants to make an all male or an all female guild, what's the problem, you can make whatever kind of guild you like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittylicious View Post
    Oh a gender thread again! How fun! -.-
    my thoughts exactly.. id post a gif of a dead horse getting beat with a stick but i get infracted everytime i do...

but back to OT... i never enjoyed a guild where the GM was a female. all the guys seem to try really REALLY hard to win her over, even if shes the worst raid leader and screws stuff up. my guild has 2 female players who are much older than most of us (im 30 and theyre in their 40s) so no one in the guild tries to get them some cyber-poon. and everyone is treated equally but one of the females is polish so when she starts talking everyone shuts up and clears vent so we can listen to her talk lol

If I was in charge of recruiting for my guild, I wouldn't discriminate against gender, but I would certainly give props to girls wanting to join ;D

My guild was founded and led for many years by a female, but she was pretty chill about anyone joining as long as they didn't start drama. All sexes were (and are) welcome, and we rarely had a raid without a female or two in it. Good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    i've had 2 female guild leaders. 1 rage quited and loged out during a raid leaving the rest of the guild clueless of why. 1 used the guildbanks money to buy epic flyer for herself and her friend, she didn't lead any of the raids that was the officers job...

I was vice guild leader over a hardcore raiding guild and we only got 1 apply from a woman (we didn't inv her, she was pure shit )

Imo theres alot of bad girls that play wow but theres alot of bad guys aswell, the only difference between the two, in my experience, is that girls often belive they will get boosted everywere. They rarely brings flask/food to raids and expect the guild to provide which is quite strange...
    Wait.. you dont provide food and flasks for raids in your guild?
    On the guild leader note, we had a male guild leader on the server quit WoW as soon as he got his Legendary. We've seen male Officers and GM's server transfer with no word to anyone, taking ALL the guild banks gold etc etc.
    The amount of time men 'rage quit' raids and ninja log???

Im sorry ridish, but you are talking about the human race, not a gender.
    Psilo - Enhancement Shaman - Argent Dawn EU - People for the Ethical Treatment of Shamans

*Ben*

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    I don't remember anyone saying they didn't invite girls to their guild for that reason. You're overreacting to the topic.
    That wasn't in relation to this particular topic. It was a statement responding to the question of why there are so many sexist threads popping up recently. (One in OT was recently closed.)

Deleted
    havent had any problems with girls so far in wow.. we got 3 girls on our 10 man raid team even aint nuttin but a peanut!

I've been in plenty of guilds with an 18+ policy, but never a male-only policy.

I've been raiding in WoW off and on since 2005, and every raiding guild I've ever been a member of has had at least one raiding female. Only once, in 7 years (during Wrath), has a female member caused any sort of drama.

She was new to the guild, and was quite clearly attempting to use her gender to better herself. The GM (who is a real-life friend) started to fall for it (gave her loot priority, gave her a roster slot instead of a member who had been with us longer, etc), but the other females in the guild (there were six total, one of whom happened to be the GM's sister) put that to a stop real quick, and she (the one starting the drama) ended up quitting the game shortly after. I believe she came back, but immediately quit the guild.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-06-12 at 02:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumu View Post
    ^^^ Nerds assume that when females continually reject them because they are creepy or hideous it can't possibly be because of their own character flaws... it just has to be that they're all DUMB WHORESLUT BITCHES!
    Sine only guys can be nerds i present to you a new weapon that should be put in the game with all haste, thx blizz.

Great bow of creepyness
    Binds when picked up
    Ranged Bow
    38-73 damage Speed 2.80
    (19.8 damage per second)
    10 agility
    16 stamina
    Durability 70/70
    Item level 105
    Chance on hit: Scares a female target causing them to run in fear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    This thread is a wind up, surely?

Ok, given the slight possibility that you're actually serious... Biggest load of tripe I've ever read.
    If you'd actually honestly spent any time as a guild leader or officer, you'd realise that loot is the most frequent cause of drama in a guild. It's certainly the most tedious reason, but sadly the most common.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    Sine only guys can be nerds i present to you a new weapon that should be put in the game with all haste, thx blizz.

Great bow of creepyness
    Binds when picked up
    Ranged Bow
    38-73 damage Speed 2.80
    (19.8 damage per second)
    10 agility
    16 stamina
    Durability 70/70
    Item level 105
    Chance on hit: Scares a female target causing them to run in fear.
    I propose the thread now be about gaming stereotype weapons.

Staff of Femininity
    Binds when picked up
    Ranged Staff
    100-9001 damage Speed 1.80
    (4590.5 damage per second)
    -210 intelligence
    Durability 50/50
    Item level 105
    Equip: Convinces male targets that you are actually a female. Illusion dispelled on touch.