Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TrashTalkingMobs View Post
    I can say honestly that in the 3-4 years we were active we only had a singular occurrence of loot drama which was solved within the hour.
    I can honestly say that in the 3-4 years I was in a guild who had co-GMs who were female that we didn't have ANY singular occurrence of loot drama.

So in the interest of continuing with your theme of absurd generalizations I think it's safe to say that since you spent time dealing with loot drama in an all-male guild and we did not in a mixed-gender guild that (on average of course) having a sausage fest guild leads to more drama than having diversity.

10+ Year Old Account

This was on our application and recruitment post nearly verbatim. All of the guys in the guild took it as a joke, but it was entirely true. It was an easy form of risk management.
    Perhaps the problem could have been circumvented by getting more mature members... not all guys go crazy whenever a woman is involved.

Deleted
    i dont agree but i can understant why, oh no he didnt /shaky head + finger

10+ Year Old Account
    We raided for progression. There were a small group of ~12 who I trusted and most are now close friends. If you want to progress, however, you can't always find a group of 40 or even 25 that you can get along with seamlessly who are mature individuals. Our goal was progression, we aimed for Top 25, the best players are not always the most mature players and when you have a goal you take the ones who will help get you there.

---------- Post added 2012-06-12 at 11:38 AM ----------

Your observations are considered an outlier, while my judgement has been observed more often.
    You basically admitted that you don't accept females NOT because they cause drama, but because you play with little children. This really has nothing to do with your experiences with needy women, boobs, lootwhoring, etc. It has to do with some guys that can't keep the kitchen jokes for after the raid.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

I don't see a problem with a no girls guild.

Mostly because I wouldn't want to be a member of it anyway, so who cares what the hell they do. Community self policing at its finest. I don't want to be with them, they don't want to be with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

I couldn't get halfway down the first page. This thread is absolutely, mindblowingly horrible. Why isn't it locked? This is some of the most outright bigoted filth I've ever read on mmo-champion. Disgusting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Slashcry - world 20 had a female GM from very early tbc
    She was one of the toughest players ive met and also one of the most skilled warcraft players ive met

Most if not all the drama in my guild is 100% dudes.

Our sole female raider right now is one of our best members, sets the best example to everyone else etc.

I cannot think how many times we've had a guy cause a problem over something small.

Quote Originally Posted by er0ckuh View Post
    You basically admitted that you don't accept females NOT because they cause drama, but because you play with little children. This really has nothing to do with your experiences with needy women, boobs, lootwhoring, etc. It has to do with some guys that can't keep the kitchen jokes for after the raid.
    Why are you restating what I said with elegance with such vicious vitriol of people you don't know? I guess I don't understand what your post has contributed to the discussion other than ad hominem attacks against a faceless group of good players. Perhaps you could elaborate on its purpose.

---------- Post added 2012-06-12 at 11:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mer View Post
    I couldn't get halfway down the first page. This thread is absolutely, mindblowingly horrible. Why isn't it locked? This is some of the most outright bigoted filth I've ever read on mmo-champion. Disgusting.
    Please post constructively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you restating what I said with elegance with such vicious vitriol of people you don't know? I guess I don't understand what your post has contributed to the discussion other than ad hominem attacks against a faceless group of good players. Perhaps you could elaborate on its purpose.
    I'm saying exactly what you're saying about women. What has this thread contributed other than discrimination against a faceless group of good players that might have vaginas. They cause drama, yet you haven't met them?

Perhaps your tagline shouldn't be "No girls allowed". I should be amended to "No shitheads allowed". I'm sure you'll find better players and not have to worry about the drama.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by er0ckuh View Post
    It has to do with some guys that can't keep the kitchen jokes for after the raid.
    For what it's worth, some of the best kitchen jokes my guildmates have come up with were in the middle of the raid. Timing is everything. Aside from being hilarious, that can sometimes let out some of the tension from a bad night and get everyone in a better mindset (and thus performing better).

Slightly more on topic - I think that restricting your membership based on arbitrary criteria is foolish. You could be passing up some amazing players because you're afraid to give them a chance. That said, if you want to be foolish it's your decision. Guild make-up is entirely up to the guild members. There's no law stating that you must allow women or anyone else. Do what makes you happy.

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-06-12 at 11:48 AM ----------

Please post constructively.
    Maybe the point is, tell your raiders to grow the f... up and open up the guild to a quite large and skilled player base.
    You set the bar for whats what, surely there is enough structure in the guild that they recognize when youre being serious about something.
    It baffles me why this hasnt been done, dont understand it what so ever.
    Is it not embarrassing to know that you have to lock out a gender because you wont deal with this issue?
    Psilo - Enhancement Shaman - Argent Dawn EU - People for the Ethical Treatment of Shamans

*Ben*

Yeah I'm closing this.

It was a terrible thread from the get go.