Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Smite is such a fun game, and the devs are so cool.
    The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.- George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Ansvar View Post
    None of those were had an original concept within a popular genre, Riot just filled the void from old DotA and Smite will pioneer the future of moba games.
    Considering what they did to their previous two games, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by General Vezax View Post
    Considering what they did to their previous two games, I wouldn't get your hopes up.
    Their previous games were never successful, Smite is and it's still only in beta

None of those were had an original concept within a popular genre, Riot just filled the void from old DotA and Smite will pioneer the future of moba games.
    Yeah, LoL is such a dull game it only averages at around 200k viewers during the week and sometimes breaks 500k during tournaments, while Smite is such a great and innovative game that only average 2k viewers can appreciate it.

I know the number of people watching streams is no indication of the quality of the game, but they are both MOBAs and if Smite was any good it would have had a lot more viewers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Yeah, LoL is such a dull game it only averages at around 200k viewers during the week and sometimes breaks 500k during tournaments, while Smite is such a great and innovative game that only average 2k viewers can appreciate it.

I know the number of people watching streams is no indication of the quality of the game, but they are both MOBAs and if Smite was any good it would have had a lot more viewers.
    I wonder how many views LoL had while it was in beta.

Smite has been open to play for everyone for a long time, so that excuse is just bad. I'm not flaming SMITE just fyi, I'm just disagreeing with your excuse.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Smite has less viewers because people are playing it rather then watching?
    The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.- George Carlin

More, and streaming business in general was A LOT smaller than it currently is.

Also, as Grable said, Smite is in open beta, so this argument is 100% invalid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfstan View Post
    Maybe Smite has less viewers because people are playing it rather then watching?
    Or maybe neither, since the game is bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game isn't bad you clearly haven't even played it.

If you don't like the game why waste time on a Megathread about Smite?
    Go praise LoL somewhere that doesn't include insulting Smite.

this thread needs more love.

and more mercury skins please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post

Freddy Mercury skin.
    his 1 ability makes him say another one bites the dust.
    using his 2 makes him sing dont stop me now.
    3, upon coming into contact with an enemy god their rear end size is increased by 50%. because fat bottomed girls you make the rockin world go round.
    his 4 makes him ride a bicycle.

10+ Year Old Account

Agreed...on both counts. I feel like Smite really needs more representation. But I'm biased since it's my only MOBA at the moment!

Also, the bees are too good. Nu Wa should be interesting though, always love more supports. (I think she's a support at any rate)
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

SMITE itself is great.
    They've been better off listening to the community than other MOBA publishers so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewcono View Post
    SMITE itself is great.
    They've been better off listening to the community than other MOBA publishers so far.
    Listening to community =/= good game developers. At least not as a 100% rule.

Listening to good, well thought out ideas? Good.
    Listening to "THIS CHAMP BEAT ME THEY OP NERF NOW PLS"? Awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Affixiation View Post
    Freddy Mercury skin.
    his 1 ability makes him say another one bites the dust.
    using his 2 makes him sing dont stop me now.
    3, upon coming into contact with an enemy god their rear end size is increased by 50%. because fat bottomed girls you make the rockin world go round.
    his 4 makes him ride a bicycle.
    this is sounding an awful lot like apollo... Which I suck at., for some reason im just not good with him, must be because slick shot looks so awesome. I'm just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Agreed...on both counts. I feel like Smite really needs more representation. But I'm biased since it's my only MOBA at the moment!

Also, the bees are too good. Nu Wa should be interesting though, always love more supports. (I think she's a support at any rate)
    I like smite a lot more than any other MOBA, The third person view really fits me because I hate isometric views.... hate them. and the mythology is great.

Bees got nerfed thank god... still AMC is a bastard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Listening to community =/= good game developers. At least not as a 100% rule.

Listening to good, well thought out ideas? Good.
    Listening to "THIS CHAMP BEAT ME THEY OP NERF NOW PLS"? Awful.
    Hi rez has been listing to a lot of the community and interacting with them, heavily I might add.

I'm having a blast on Smite. 9/10 easy. Just went 25 as Loki lol. I love the way this game feel in third person yet a MOBA.

I'm having trouble with clicking to attack. Is it supposed to take like 5 clicks for an attack to register?

the 3rd person makes it for me.
    I love loki but for some reason i end up playing him all shy

also no there's lag every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    I'm having trouble with clicking to attack. Is it supposed to take like 5 clicks for an attack to register?
    The basic attacking takes a bit to get used to. If you just hold down the attack button (Left mouse) it'll auto-chain your attacks for you.

the 3rd person makes it for me.
    I love loki but for some reason i end up playing him all shy

also no there's lag every once in awhile.
    It's because Loki hits like a truck but is one of the squishiest gods in the game. I haven't had much lag trouble yet. Maybe try turning your graphics down a bit? It might help, idk :P.

also, if you're playing Loki, don't dive unless you know you've got the kill. I normally use my vanish then ult onto them, hit my assassinate, and by that time they're either dead or about to be with like 2 auto attacks.