Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ...
    I don't think the launcher is going away. I don't know how recently you have played, but they updated the launcher in July. Here's an image. It isn't shown in that image, but your favor and gem count are shown under your name. Also, it can save your username and password so you can auto-login when you launch the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, my friend suggested I should give this game a try.
    Anyone has pointers or suggestions to play or websites for tips?

Seeing as I mainly play healers and support (HotS as accurate example), any of those gods that are free on rotation?

Thanks !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotai View Post

Seeing as I mainly play healers and support (HotS as accurate example), any of those gods that are free on rotation?

Thanks !
    ra and guan yu have heals for starter gods.. both are okay. hel and aphrodite are who you probably want to unlock first and theyre different so it depends what suits your play style more.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotai View Post

Thanks !
    For websites there is smite.guru to see popular builds, stats, matches, profiles, and "tierlists" (which are a rather weird obsession that smite players have, they can be helpful but don't follow them blindly since they are more of a 1v1 thing).

For pointers:

- Keep in mind that all auto/basic attacks and the majority of abilities in this game require aiming, so it will take some time getting used to.

- "Guardians" are the most popular supports in smite, with a few exceptions, and are used mainly as tanks. Sylvanus is a strong guardian that can heal, so you may want to try him.

- The "healers" are: Ra, Guan Yu (both are always available), Hel, Aphrodite, Chang'e, and Sylvanus. Other characters can only heal themselves and a couple can heal others under specific circumstances. As a side note: Aphrodite is misleading for new players, so i would recommend not using her as a support in game modes like conquest.

Deleted
    Ra and Guan Yu are free gods that are pretty easy to play (however Guan Yu is very mana intensive). I would start with them as Aphrodite, Chang'e, Hel and Sylvanus are bit more difficult to play especially with anitheal items (Brawler's Beat Stick, Divine Ruin, Pestilence), actives (Weakening Curse) and gods with strong antiheal abilities (Serqet, Osiris, Ah Puch, Medusa, Odin, Sobek, Chang'e - the first 4 are quite popular now and they will be probably focusing you, so it's good to check what those gods do). Items that could help you at lower levels are active Heavenly Agility (it's an AOE speed buff and it increases your healing by 25% for a short time) and item Rod of Asclepius (it's not amazing at higher levels but it gives you extra movement speed and extra healing to you and your allies).

As for guardians I suggest Ymir (free), Geb and Khepri. They are pretty easy to play and pretty decent atm. As Geb and Ymir you want to buy Blink as a first active. It helps you with initiation (Ymir with his freeze and Geb with his ultimate). Khepri doesn't have as much initiation potential as Geb and Ymir but his ultimate can save your allies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really should get back in to this game, might give it a try once I'm done with mad max. I liked Ullr most.

Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    I don't think the launcher is going away. I don't know how recently you have played, but they updated the launcher in July. Here's an image. It isn't shown in that image, but your favor and gem count are shown under your name. Also, it can save your username and password so you can auto-login when you launch the game.
    Yeah, the launcher that wouldn't save your username and password for like the first week or two of being out It works better now I'll agree.

But since it hasn't been said here, all the Steam version does is pull up this launcher anyway.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2015-09-13 at 04:39 PM.

So, steam noob here. I bought Scylla with my favor.

Too. Much. Fun.

Hoping the sale lasts all week so I can grab the nice god pack for 20 bucks on Thursday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post

Too. Much. Fun.

Hoping the sale lasts all week so I can grab the nice god pack for 20 bucks on Thursday.
    the god pack is awesome. its worth the money but then its tooo many awesome skins.

Agreed. I had to reread the description because I thought it couldn't be a thing.

Deleted
    I had been thinking about the godpack which is definitely good value for money. However I decided against it. Basically a big incentive for me to play games like this is gradually unlocking stuff. If I'd unlock everything from the beginning I might get bored quicker. It just feels better (to me) to finally unlock this hero I really wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post

Too. Much. Fun.

I just got steam and Smite is awesome. I too like Scylla and 2nd fav is Apollo. I just got the Tim Burton like skin for Scylla and the curse t-shirt Apollo so I'm very pleased.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, when you unlock a special promotion skin does it unlock the god for good? For instance, when I unlocked the curse skin for Apollo it let me play him.

As far as I understand it does. That's how I unlocked a few gods before buying the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    As far as I understand it does. That's how I unlocked a few gods before buying the pack.
    I keep debating on buying the pack. I think if I open all gods it will make me bounce around too much and I'll never master a single god. Right now I only like and play Neith, Apollo, and Scylla. I only play those. When I see a f2p one day that catches my eye I'll work on that one and unlock it. Saves me money and keeps me interested in the game.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sol is the scummiest of scum champs. Just saying.