Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    BMAH can't be use by player that are farming gear to sell. I think the sellers are NPC that will sell rare items.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
    And to those telling heroic gear sold at the AH is the same thing as big guilds selling runs, no it's not. You don't have to wait until content is on farm, guild members are geared and you can carry someone. It's also different because it comes from designers, which says something about how they see the future of the game.
    Bolded for truth. So many poor design-decisions, I can't belive they can really stand behind their choices. Where is the heartblood from the devs and the "hardships" demanded from players to get gear and clear every step of content? Oh-noes, game might be to challenging. It seems to me that the slowest is making the pace for this X-Pac. Or its just me getting older...

/edited for typo

The rare piece of level 90 gear that is going to sell for a ton in the BMAH is hardly going to be a game changer, everyone needs to relax.

15+ Year Old Account
    The BMAH should be limited to anything from the previous expansions, that way noone can buy their way to good gear. This way its purely costemic with mounts, pets, and previous gear for transmogs.
    Current Rig
    Intel i5 3570K | Corsair H100 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | R9 390 8GB | G.Skill 16GB | Intel 520 Series 180GB | 8TB in HDDs
    Seasonic X-760 760W | 27" U2711 Dell | Corsair 600T | Logitech Z506 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Meebo View Post
    The BMAH should be limited to anything from the previous expansions, that way noone can buy their way to good gear. This way its purely costemic with mounts, pets, and previous gear for transmogs.
    I really don't see your point. People currently run GDKP's on nearly every server, and some people already "buy their way to good gear" as you put it. You are bidding against your entire server for an entire week, wth cares how other people get their gear, they still spent lots of effort acquiring the insane amount of gold that these items will probably go for.

I like the idea buying the gear from BMAH.

It's about time there was a way for people who earned their gold to benefit in terms of gear. For too long its been about people who have had the time to commit to raids where they could just go in and get free epics by being dragged by their guild rather than EARNING it. A great change.

I'm in two minds about this black market auction house.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    509 Mail Melee Waist Ranger's Chain of Unending Summer
    there is no melee mail in mop. hunters need expertise in mop, too.

Quote Originally Posted by KWC3587 View Post
    Appreciate you checking, are the mats the same as the pattern on the bmah? If so then what's the point of the pattern on there?
    So you dont have to grid rep / farm mobs?

Quote Originally Posted by uka View Post
    there is no melee mail in mop. hunters need expertise in mop, too.
    You mean Shaman dont use mail anymore?
    Oh well, perhaps "physical" is the political correct word?

Quote Originally Posted by nemspy View Post
    It's about time there was a way for people who earned their gold to benefit in terms of gear. For too long its been about people who have had the time to commit to raids where they could just go in and get free epics by being dragged by their guild rather than EARNING it. A great change.
    The problem is the quantity, BMAH gear only have a random selected 1 for sale for a limited time.
    If compared to BoE gear, which its number depends on number of mob farms, the supply for BMAH gear will become relatively rare, so as the price.
    If compared to crafting gear, its supply depends on pattern dropped and number of boss down in server. However crafters will always create the gear with the highest demand, rather than a random selected one with probably useless stats.
    Last edited by good diu bro; 2012-06-15 at 03:17 AM.
    Hello SPELL STEAL NERF ?
    Spell steal gives wings and Working As Intended

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meebo View Post
    Why shouldn't you be able to buy your way to good gear? Thinking that gold should only be good for buying mounts and pets, is silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demez View Post
    Why shouldn't you be able to buy your way to good gear? Thinking that gold should only be good for buying mounts and pets, is silly.
    Uses for gold:

-buying mats
    -buying food/water
    -purchasing training
    -repair costs
    -buying guild items
    -spending on the AH
    -pets
    -mounts

But you people are cheering for nothing. Who's going to be the first ones going after this stuff when it goes up? Top guilds. And they'll get it. The min/max'ers that they are, they will be fighting each other over this stuff when it hits. And they have the resources to do it. By the time it gets down to joe the gold buyer, it'll be well into the next tier. If they think ppl buying gold is bad now, wait until this hits. It's going to be a massive problem.

the black market auction house just shows blizzard's greed and lack of integrity tbh

any notion that this will be a "beneficial" gold sink for those with piles of gold and nothing to spend it on is pretty silly...

it will only encourage more and more people to buy gold and potentially compromise their accounts in the process and it will only give an incentive for the bot farmers to crank up the number of famers...if you thought you couldn't get a herb/mine node
    now good luck in MoP

this is also a classical way to introduce the RMAH to WoW - start with a few really good items - get people used to the concept and/or demanding the ability to buy more gear with gold - and viola the old "we hear you" speech and here is your RMAH

an RMAH where of course blizzard profits from all the gold farmers compromising their own customer's accounts and who destroy the immersivness of the game in the process while still justifying charging $15.00 a month while introducing more and more micro-transactions into the game

blizz is so greedy they, unlike most other MMO's, want both a monthly subscription and micro-transaction based game and the fanboys are quite frankly stupid enough to encourage and support them in ripping us all off

and lastly, blizzard's integrity is finally out the window with the black market and subsequent RMAH - they said over and over again, categorically, you would never be able to buy progression gear in the game and they were lying through their teeth

Gold sellers can't create gold. they merely take existing gold in the game.

The BMAH will effectively reduce the amount of Gold circulating, meaning the gold sellers will have a much harder time in MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaero View Post
    Gold sellers can't create gold. they merely take existing gold in the game.

The BMAH will effectively reduce the amount of Gold circulating, meaning the gold sellers will have a much harder time in MoP.
    Those who wants to buy gold will have much harder time in MoP. Gold sellers just connecting those who wants to sell their excess gold and those who wants to buy gold. They don't really care about amount of gold circulating. If there are a lot of cool things to buy, it means that gold demand will raise and gold price will raise as well.

---------- Post added 2012-06-15 at 09:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roia View Post
    I really don't see your point. People currently run GDKP's on nearly every server, and some people already "buy their way to good gear" as you put it. You are bidding against your entire server for an entire week, wth cares how other people get their gear, they still spent lots of effort acquiring the insane amount of gold that these items will probably go for.
    If you'r in GDKP raid you have to kill bosses, which is fine and means you deserved gear. If you'r buying guild run then guild have raid on farm and no one need items you want to buy, which means that conent is outdated and gear you'r buying doesn't mean anything, which is fine as well. Buying heroic raid gear from BMAH when the gear isn't obsolete is completely different. It will influence gameplay and progress race.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinax View Post
    Why in the holy hell do they need my household income for that mobile gaming survey? So they can ignore any that selected under $15k? Closed out when I got to that question. The world is going to hell.
    Hang on, let me see if I got this straight.

1. Marketing surverys ask for basic demographic information.
    2. ???
    3. The apocalypse.

That about right?

MoP

Heroic now means Normal and Challenge Mode means Heroic.

Got it? Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Uses for gold:

-buying mats
    -buying food/water
    -purchasing training
    -repair costs
    -buying guild items
    -spending on the AH
    -pets
    -mounts

But you people are cheering for nothing. Who's going to be the first ones going after this stuff when it goes up? Top guilds. And they'll get it. The min/max'ers that they are, they will be fighting each other over this stuff when it hits. And they have the resources to do it. By the time it gets down to joe the gold buyer, it'll be well into the next tier. If they think ppl buying gold is bad now, wait until this hits. It's going to be a massive problem.
    In my experience the wealthiest players (and I don't mean gold buyers - I mean those who enjoy playing the AH) are not in top raid guilds. I havent been in a high end raid guild since the middle of BC when I stepped down as GM and rerolled on my wife's server and yet I absolutely dominate GDKP runs, having spent more than a million gold on them during Cataclysm on various chars. If someone in a "top raid guild" wants to beat me to an item that I want from the black market they better be prepared to pay a six figure sum.