Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

As I thought US RMAH would work but not in EU so much

Having accounts on both US and EU I always knew RMAH would work well in the the US as people usually find it easier to part with there money.

So far on the EU I haven't seen one purchase on any items so far and this was occuring a lot on the US straight away.

Has anyone on EU managed to sell a item yet?

RMAH doesn't properly work in biggest part of Europe, no support for PayPal from Battle.net side.

Not many people really interested to sell items for nothing (and virtual battle.net money are really just that - nothing), but to buy them with real money (as you can buy Battle.net "money" with credit card). Provide fair situation, and items will sell.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-06-15 at 08:35 AM.

That is true, also generally by nature Europeans are more careful with there money or perhaps haven't got the same financial resources as your ave american players.

Deleted
    I'm also a bit confused myself about the breakdown in currency. For example, the RMAH available to me is GBP - the RMAH available to my friend is Euro, he says he cannot see the items I've listed. The UK is a fairly small population compared to the rest of the Euro zone so if it is in fact segregated by currency then some zones are going to move slower than others and I think that the British contingent of gamers is quite small compared to the Euro, but I believe even the Euro contingent of gamers is smaller than North America and the larger servers are going to have both more sellers and more buyers. I don't know if he's supposed to be able to see items listed in GBP and I'm supposed to see items listed in Euro or if it automatically converts the currency or what... but I'm selling some specific legendary / set items which he says he can't find. If it's all one zone, then there are still some bugs to be worked out.

But also, it's like, 9:30am here in the UK on a school/work day and I believe it went live this morning... the likelihood of a lot of gamers a) being awake / not at work/school and searching for items right now is fairly low compared to evenings/weekends, and also b) some people may not even be aware it's live yet.

Going to see how stuff moves over the weekend... I find Saturday afternoon and evening by far the best selling times of the week for the gold AH.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamCast View Post
    Having accounts on both US and EU I always knew RMAH would work well in the the US as people usually find it easier to part with there money.

So far on the EU I haven't seen one purchase on any items so far and this was occuring a lot on the US straight away.

Has anyone on EU managed to sell a item yet?
    that has to do with people posting trash for 200 pounds. 700 dps 1hd going for almost 200 uk pounds is laughable.
    atm the rmah with its current absurd prices is there for the rich and clueless. we might see sales once the prices settle down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    that has to do with people posting trash for 200 pounds. 700 dps 1hd going for almost 200 uk pounds is laughable.
    atm the rmah with its current absurd prices is there for the rich and clueless. we might see sales once the prices settle down.
    Agreed, I logged on this morning to check AH, realised the RMAH had gone live, had a look and laughed at the price of items. £200 for a shitty 1h'er is a complete joke.

Deleted
    I stripped my character naked this morning, and listed everything to reasonable price compared to the price that were listed for similar items. I expect such a drop in price in the next week that even selling something 'cheap' now, will probably be able to be bought back for 1/10th of the price in a week.

Deleted
    sold one item £200 buyout but tbh this bow is probably worth it to the right person

This is the item if people are interested

Nothing in the game is worth more than the game itself >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wadoo View Post
    sold one item £200 buyout but tbh this bow is probably worth it to the right person

This is the item if people are interested
    AHAHAhAHA! 200 for THAT?! WOW!

That bow is actually pretty decent tbh but over £100? Doubt it .... Lucky boy/girl!

10+ Year Old Account
    Prez you are wrong on so many levels......
    So Bit Coins are worth nopthing even tho you can buy stuff for them ??
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

10+ Year Old Account
    It;s statistically certain that a top notch item will sell for over 200$€ so if you have something of value like 1200+ weapons go put them in RMAH it's more than sure that at least 1 out of the millions will be rich/stupid enough to pay for it, then you can not only make profit in real money but in a few weeks you would be able to buy an equal, or better, item for a tiny fraction of the price you sold it.

Dads all over the world your credit cards got Diablo'd

Deleted
    Also one reason might be that people that bought Diablo digitally, have to wait for three days.

I have no idea why, but I tried it this morning, and it said I have to wait three days because I bought it digitally. Kind of weird really.
    - Why should there be a difference in digital accounts vs. non-digital ones...they all need to have a battle.net account.
    - Kind of annoyed too. I'm in the field at the moment for my work, so had to buy it digitally from battle.net (59.99 euro's), which a bit less than twice the amount of money I would have to pay in the Netherlands =/

Deleted
    I sold some pretty good rings and a 980 dps crossbow for 10-20 pounds each. RMAH on eu seems buggy or something because my friend can search with euros for currency and can't see the items I listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadwraith View Post
    I sold some pretty good rings and a 980 dps crossbow for 10-20 pounds each. RMAH on eu seems buggy or something because my friend can search with euros for currency and can't see the items I listed.
    Different currencies = different AHs. People using GBP and people using Euros are using separate AHs.

any idea how i can switch to Euro AH ? need to figure out how to do that since my balance is in euros.

Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    any idea how i can switch to Euro AH ? need to figure out how to do that since my balance is in euros.
    I saw your thread with this question already, replied in it:
    In game, in options, there is an option which allows you to change what currency AH you want to browse. Think it was same tab where you are choosing game region (US, EU or Asia), can't tell for sure as not in game atm.

Deleted
    the average european has a lot less disposable income than the average US citizen.

so not really a surprise

Deleted
    I am on the EUR one, posted 10 items off my Barb at 8am CET, so far I've sold a
    - 24% Stormshield without stamina for 45EUR ($57),
    - 19% String of Ears for 30EUR ($38) and
    - fairly random 140str, 90vit, 2 sockets pants for I bealive 25EUR or 20, not sure now.

The prices might not seem high but I don't really care for the Barb anymore (Diablo Inferno down) nor do I plan on playing sofctore. I mostly wanted to get even so the game pays for itself (60EUR) which it did already. I expect to sell my LoH weapon by the end of the day, not sure about the other gear, those are fairly random rares with str/vit/all resist that can go for as low as 30k gold if you catch a good deal, around 200k gold normally. But the pants sold.