Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Not sure what happened to that screenie, i had to copy-paste it into Paint as it doesn't seem to save a screenshot when you're in the Barber window, messed around with every slider and managed to tot up a bill for 42 plat
    Shit, that's actually kind of expensive. Not that I mind. Plenty of people have complained about the lack of goldsinks. It'll be cost-prohibitive for newer players, but maybe it'll help build the importance/value of making some coin.

ETA: Think it's worth posting about no saved screenshots to the PTS forum? Trion might be able to fix that in time for 1.9.
    Last edited by Acquiesce of Telara; 2012-06-17 at 04:30 PM.

Good finaly my mage can look cool :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again Trion show why they're well ahead of the posse

This is one of the Devs, Gersh, posting today,a Sunday, on how they've already addressed a few issues players felt were "off" with previewing their chars in the Barbershop window

Couple of quick notes on things we've fixed that you should see up on PTS soon

We adjusted the lighting some, and it should be more consistant regardless of time of day
    We've fixed some bugs with the camera that caused it to clip through the tent
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...-live-pts.html

Deleted
    I <3 Trion

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Once again Trion show why they're well ahead of the posse

This is one of the Devs, Gersh, posting today,a Sunday, on how they've already addressed a few issues players felt were "off" with previewing their chars in the Barbershop window
    Trion only acknowledges the existence of Monday through Friday. Saturdays and Sundays do not exist in their corner of the world, they're currently experiencing their 72 hour long Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    Trion only acknowledges the existence of Monday through Friday. Saturdays and Sundays do not exist in their corner of the world, they're currently experiencing their 72 hour long Friday.
    Or maybe an early Monday? They could have late Fridays and early Mondays.

They have meetings on Mondays. They'd rather avoid that, thus the 72 hour Fridays.

Has there been any new options added? I'd love to see some new hairstyles, myself.

No, currently the barbershop is nothing more than an opportunity to rebuild your character from game's start, minus the race changing.

Oooh marvelous! ^_^ Now give fem chars some boobies finally and I might even consider trying rift again...

Bit of an off topic question, but relating to the "42 plat" for the makeover, how much plat is the average level 50 players running around with usually ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronos80 View Post
    Oooh marvelous! ^_^ Now give fem chars some boobies finally and I might even consider trying rift again...
    Their boob size is just fine. Just because they don't look like anything from an asian MMORPG doesn't mean they don't have boobs. Honestly, it's a rather pathetic reason to hate on the game.

Deleted
    I think its better if you just stay out of the rift sub forums, this clearly isnt the sort of game for you...

Honestly you'll love it here tho

Quote Originally Posted by Crableg View Post
    Bit of an off topic question, but relating to the "42 plat" for the makeover, how much plat is the average level 50 players running around with usually ?
    Good question.

If you're new to the game, at 50 you'll likely scrounge around to find the cash for your 110% mount, which is...125 plat, I think? If you use your professions and the AH, you can be making 50-500 plat a week, easily. If you spend time hunting and selling artifacts, you could make anywhere from 50-1000 plat a week.

If you've been playing for a long while and do dailies, play the AH, run dungeons, farm, and everything else possible, you could be sitting on 20k-100k plat right now.

There's crazy folk who have multiple characters on multiple servers running a business. They've got who knows how much plat between chars, and with free transfers, they could consolidate their holdings on a whim.

Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    Good question.

If you're new to the game, at 50 you'll likely scrounge around to find the cash for your 110% mount, which is...125 plat, I think? If you use your professions and the AH, you can be making 50-500 plat a week, easily. If you spend time hunting and selling artifacts, you could make anywhere from 50-1000 plat a week.

If you've been playing for a long while and do dailies, play the AH, run dungeons, farm, and everything else possible, you could be sitting on 20k-100k plat right now.

There's crazy folk who have multiple characters on multiple servers running a business. They've got who knows how much plat between chars, and with free transfers, they could consolidate their holdings on a whim.
    Aah ok, i just really wanted to find out if the "makeover" will be something cheap that you can do whenever you want, or if its something your gonna have to save for, hopefully i can make some plat on the AH when im 50, only at 32 now so got some time !

Yeah, that 42 plat is expensive for newbs, but once you've purchased all your multiple specs, your 110% mount and surpass the need for any purchasable craftable gear, there's little true use for money outside of porting and buying consumables.

If you aren't the type to accrue money, it's going to be costly. If you always try to keep a healthy amount of gold, you'll make the occasional self-renovation, and if you like being rich, you can afford to use the barbershop 20-200 times.

Next week needs to be here already so I can get a haircutttttttttttttttttt ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Next week needs to be here already so I can get a haircutttttttttttttttttt ;_;
    I was reallllly hoping to see it this week

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Their boob size is just fine. Just because they don't look like anything from an asian MMORPG doesn't mean they don't have boobs. Honestly, it's a rather pathetic reason to hate on the game.
    A-size is not fine. Not even close to fine. And it's not even only breast size that's a problem. Model overall is clumsy and ugly. Even voices are terrible.

Oh and I tried Tera. I recommend it to any developer out there as a perfect example of how to make female characters (meaning only elf/human fems, not castanics and rest). Unfortunately it's boring, repetitive and grindy.

A-size is not fine. Not even close to fine. And it's not even only breast size that's a problem. Model overall is clumsy and ugly. Even voices are terrible.

Oh and I tried Tera. I recommend it to any developer out there as a perfect example of how to make female characters (meaning only elf/human fems, not castanics and rest). Unfortunately it's boring, repetitive and grindy.
    And you just lost all credibility to me. The models in tera look like shit and typical asian mmo garbage. But, carry on. I think you need to go find a different game as Rift isn't for you