Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    The spirit of competition was a chinese dragon... which was symbolic of China.

...not sure what they would do that's symbolic of England this time around...

A floating Big-Ben? =/
    An Albatross? (only for Monty Python fans...)
    A police constable hat?
    A flying/spinning tiny police box? :P
    a hooligan :P

Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    Seriously, though. Do the English have any mythical creatures?
    Dragons.

/10char
    Dragonslayer Hoddie - pretending to know what I'm doing!

10+ Year Old Account
    His chest gives a iLvl 353 cloak/ a staff/scythe if you're lucky. You have a chance at a pet from the bag(once a day) if RNG is on your side.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd pay good money for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Schaapa View Post
    His chest gives a iLvl 353 cloak/ a staff/scythe if you're lucky. You have a chance at a pet from the bag(once a day) if RNG is on your side.
    Wrong. The Scythe also comes from the bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

The spirit of competition was a chinese dragon... which was symbolic of China.

...not sure what they would do that's symbolic of England this time around...

A floating Big-Ben? =/
    An Albatross? (only for Monty Python fans...)
    A police constable hat?
    My vote is for Lil' Tardis. Zooms around your character popping in and out of the time space continuum as it pleases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotaro View Post
    They should make a new boss to take the place of Ahune considdering the Abyssal maw is under naga control. We didnt free Neptulon and the frostlands are located within the abyssal maw.

On topic tho, it will most likely be the same item lv loot again, like what happens during brewfest, hallows end and other holidays that are in the timeframe of expansions.

The Olympics will probably have the spirit pet once again.
    As for updating it to change, I think we would be lucky to have a change for the 2013 midsummers fest reflecting that Rag is dead. As for the Abyssal Maw/Frostlands, the Abyssal Maw, in game, as we see it, is more of a "gateway" into the elemental plane, opened by the Cataclysm. Blizzard really droped alot of stuff this expansion- the Skywall was supposed to be a mini-zone, we were supposed to go into the Abyssal Maw, War of the Ancients was supposed to be a raid, ect.

Yea, Ahune really needs an update, at least next year, seeing at the very least that A) The Twilight's Hammer has been pretty much eradicated, B) Ragnaros is dead, so bringing Ahune into Azeroth so he can have an epic battle with Rag in the Molten Core to bring about massive destruction really wont work, and C) the event has been virtually unchanged since it came out in TBC, needs a bit of an update.

As for the Olympics, we can all hope that blizz adds something in for it, but I feel that we wont see a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    As for the Olympics, we can all hope that blizz adds something in for it, but I feel that we wont see a thing.
    Seeing as how they couldn't be arsed to copy paste and rescale a couple items for Ahune, I have a feeling you are right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, Ahune really needs an update, at least next year, seeing at the very least that A) The Twilight's Hammer has been pretty much eradicated, B) Ragnaros is dead, so bringing Ahune into Azeroth so he can have an epic battle with Rag in the Molten Core to bring about massive destruction really wont work, and C) the event has been virtually unchanged since it came out in TBC, needs a bit of an update.
    I never really understood why they chose to summon Ahune into Outland anyway.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by steeledlee View Post
    quick thing and also first forum post one of the greatest mythical stories from british history is george and the dragon its right there on the welsh flag just the style of dragon thats different
    That type of dragon is a bigger fatter version much like Onyxia or any of the dragons we currently fight in WoW now. The longer serpent style ones are more of the type that you see in Asian dragon lore and is also what the link was.

---------- Post added 2012-06-22 at 01:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I never really understood why they chose to summon Ahune into Outland anyway.
    Only because when they added it we were in BC and they just dumped it in a dungeon with ppl that might have summoned him there.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Only because when they added it we were in BC and they just dumped it in a dungeon with ppl that might have summoned him there.
    Non-lore explanations for lore/story questions are like ordering a juicy steak, but ending up with a single dry, leathery chicken nugget.
    And then getting smashed in the face with a brick.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Non-lore explanations for lore/story questions are like ordering a juicy steak, but ending up with a single dry, leathery chicken nugget.
    And then getting smashed in the face with a brick.
    It may not be the answer you want but it was clearly a choice of functionality. Look at all of the BC dungeons where else would he have gone? At least in SP there were water elementals and forms of magic that worked with it. Is it a great fit, no. Was there a better choice, not really.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    As long as they bring back "The Ice Stone has melted!" public announcements, I will be happy.
    http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k9...209_050555.jpg
    Just for you. Not my screenshot.

Well, except it's hard to imagine it would be the same pet, since the last one was a Chinese dragon for Beijing. No idea what they would make for London. A steak and kidney pie pet?
    I'm personally hoping for a page that follows you around clapping two coconut halves together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    Same items as previous years, but with increased item levels.

I'm more interested in what event WoW will implement for the Olympics this year.
    4% of Ashes of Al'ar dropping also.

OT: same loot as last year..

---------- Post added 2012-06-22 at 08:37 PM ----------

Well, except it's hard to imagine it would be the same pet, since the last one was a Chinese dragon for Beijing. No idea what they would make for London. A steak and kidney pie pet?
    A murloc in a Bobby uniform

....Still doing Ahune once daily for chance of getting Frigid Frostling pet from the daily bag of stuff....

Quote Originally Posted by FullPunkFatigue View Post
    My vote is for Lil' Tardis. Zooms around your character popping in and out of the time space continuum as it pleases.
    Yes, this would be quite something! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    They still owe us the damn moose. >.>
    You mean Caribou

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Same "Spirit of Competition" thing they did last time around.
    The Spirit of Competition is a chinese dragon, so no.

Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    You mean Caribou
    Either would be fine with me. ^^

Yea, Ahune really needs an update, at least next year, seeing at the very least that A) The Twilight's Hammer has been pretty much eradicated, B) Ragnaros is dead, so bringing Ahune into Azeroth so he can have an epic battle with Rag in the Molten Core to bring about massive destruction really wont work
    Simple explanation: word of Neptulon's capture and Ragnaros' defeat simply hasn't reached Ahune yet, and/or the remaining Twilight's Hammer forces are still trying to bring about mayhem.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.