Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by WarJames View Post
    no i disabled page file..... it is directly related to that
    To quote myself from page 2:
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Sounds more like a bug than requirement. Turn pagefile back on, with low settings such as 512meg. Some misbehaving/buggy piece of shit programs requires pagefile to be present, even though the computer is not really out of memory.
    Especially pay attention to the underlined part.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

yes page file is very important... critical to computer being "capacitive" and running at all

further investigation as I have reported in this thread leeds me to believe that 16 GB is the way to go 8gb seems "small" and very easily filled

at this point in time im running 8gb so it is worth my time money and sanity to have 16 in the very near future

also if you have 8gb and just a normal ceramic HDD your comp will bog down as you multitask

yes page file is very important... critical to computer being "capacitive" and running at all
    Not really. Question is if the computer has RAM free or not. For 99% of programs you can safely turn pagefile completely off without any problems.

further investigation as I have reported in this thread leeds me to believe that 16 GB is the way to go 8gb seems "small" and very easily filled
    Your screenies showed your PC had used about 5.8GB at the point where TERA crashed, so it was nowhere near the 8GB limit. Bugged game as I've said many times already.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few things of note:

Tri channel ram is only for x58 motherboards, if you have an x79 you should be using 4 DIMMS in quad channel mode

Tri and quad channel give a bandwidth increase over dual, but not a performance increase, this is used for things like ramdisk, ram cache, and many live disk web servers, it's not going to make your computer noticeably faster

8gb is recommended for gaming computers because you only need about 4gb but you want a little bit more for keeping other programs open in the background, and when using 4gb DIMMS, 8gb is the next step up

There is nothing wrong with getting 16gb, the extra 8gb can let you super cache your SSD if you want, but otherwise if you are on a budget, the $50 is better spent elsewhere