Poll: Hardcore WoW?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Nay, even though I am not an incompetant player ^^

More content being made for what in terms of subscribers would be the relatively few...

The entitled few are JUST as annoying as the entitled many. Not everyone who doesn't support the whole "lets make wow only fun / accessible for the few" is unsupportive because they are "bad" or "casual"

Deleted
    I got excited just by reading what the OT wrote...IS THERE AN ALTERNATIVE GAME WHICH IS LIKE THIS? TELL ME!

Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    Find me one sentence where I said that I want the best HC items, you know what? I don't even care for epics, I don't care about my gear as long as it's enough to push through the content. God these people judge so quickly these days...
    yet there are so many people out there who call themselves "casuals"
    They neither are willing nor want to put in effort and time and skill

Yet they still think they deserve and demand the best of the best gear

Deleted
    You're talking about grinding for atunements and gold being hardcore, I assume that you mean hardcore boring?

No thanks, won't happen, let's move on

I would love it if things became a lot more difficult and less accessible, but it's never going to happen. People feel entitled to see all content regardless of how bad they are and nothing will change that. The decline in difficulty and constant nerfs/easily accessible content has shown that as of late, progressively getting worse.

Catering for casuals all day erry day, but that's the majority of their market so they have to if they want to make money.

Deleted
    There are as many *hardcore* who are worse than the average WoW player and demand it because they are entitled to it.

It would be a recklessly stupid decision for Blizzard to do something like that.

No offense but I want to hit you with my 'Smart' stick for suggesting that. The casual playerbase is the largest in this game and not to mention some people don't LIKE being forced to group with others. Being 4 levels behind everyone else and then forced to find a groupmate when everyone else bailed on the zone and doesn't want to come back makes people quit. All the things you suggested are things games are actively moving away from because they aren't what people want.

Also to suggest to go to something like that is an elitist attitude and elitist does not a happy playerbase make...nor a fun game.

So, what you are saying is you want more filler. The difficulty in Vanilla was more or less filler so you didn't burn through the game and stop buying it. It wasn't hard. It was tedious. And no, I wouldn't want that. Most people, good, bad, ugly, hardcore or casual wouldn't want to but up with that BS either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntwat View Post
    I would like some of it, sure. but the vast majority wouldn't. and Blizzard certainly would never do something like this. they'd lose a lot of money that way.

you said it yourself, only 0.5% to see specifics. that's 99.5% that are pretty likely to be pissed they dont get to see it.
    so you agree with everybody having legendaries?

try playing PvP against rogues with hcvial and legendaries, and you won't anymore. I think its so stupid, i've seen so many scrubs who were at 1500 rating, then they got legendaries and the same week they hit 2400 in arena.

If you're above 2.2k without legendaries right now as a rogue, you are probably a 2.5k+ player

This just sounds like you don't other players to have fun and you wan't people to suck your dick for being good at a video game.

I don't think you should be required to devote your life to wow for you to be good at it.

Infracted. Keep it civil, please
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-06-22 at 02:57 PM.
    Hi Sephurik

If you made content so hard that casual gamers can't do then they will just leave, why would they play a game that requires hours of dedication just to even experience most of the content? How is that possibly a smart business decision by Blizzard?

also this:

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    This just sounds like you don't other players to have fun and you wan't people to suck your dick for being good at a video game.

I don't think you should be required to devote your life to wow for you to be good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post
    so you agree with everybody having legendaries?

try playing PvP against rogues with hcvial and legendaries, and you won't anymore. I think its so stupid, i've seen so many scrubs who were at 1500 rating, then they got legendaries and the same week they hit 2400 in arena.

If you're above 2.2k without legendaries right now as a rogue, you are probably a 2.5k+ player
    The best soloution would be to make legendaries unusable in PvP, but thats another topic

his just sounds like you don't other players to have fun and you wan't people to suck your dick for being good at a video game.
    You just summed up my feelings about the thread. People are sad players don't marvel at their shiny epics and congratulate them on being awesome anymore like classic/tbc xD inb4 this is hotly denied.

Deleted
    If you are above 2.2k without legendaries , you are a 2.2k player .. lol these people.

I stand firm on my point .. if you want to make wow hardcore, make it that you lose all the first death .

Lets see how many of these self-proclaimed hardcores can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    This sounds like a not-so-subtly veiled "I wish I was still playing Vanilla" thread. And we've talked about that topic ad nauseam. It would kill the game for me and my friends and guildies. We don't play the game to be challenged at every turn and be forced to grind our brains out for everything, we play to have fun and be entertained. Let there be challenges for those that want to be challenged and fun activities for those that want fun activities, you know, like the game is right now, and looks to be even more in Mists.
    And these challenges currently exist where?

I wouldn't mind more challenging content, but that is about it. I am a casual which means that I first view WoW as a game and I don't like long, tedious grinds. Just because you have to grind for something over and over does not make it difficult. Nor do I think one should have to spend 40+ hours a week to progress to the point where you are neglecting real life obligations and are so wrapped up into the game that you start to derive your self-worth from pixels.

While I am for more challenging content and never asked for a nerf in all the years I have played, hardcore has no appeal to me. You can have challenging content without a time sink.

Deleted
    i would like diablo-hardcore WoW so like if you die, your character is gone, that would be cool
    a very intense gameplay experience

Deleted
    Yes, i would love a hardcore wow. Most of my friends that have quitted, surely would return.

I don't see a problem with this if it's completely optional and gives no advantages to the people who do this. If you want to play hardcore WoW then that's up to you.

This is never going to happen anyways. NEVER. This is the same bull crap debacle like people demanding vanilla servers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlen View Post
    yet there are so many people out there who call themselves "casuals"
    They neither are willing nor want to put in effort and time and skill

Yet they still think they deserve and demand the best of the best gear
    I am willing to put effort in a boss to kill it (and I actually love wiping on real progress) but when it comes down to mindless grinding I think I prefer to do something more creative with my time, like drawing! What the OP suggests is ridiculously boring, I would suggest something more of a middle ground. Heroic raids not nerfed, dungeons not offering better gear than the entry raids of the expansion even if they are last patch dungeons (like how HoTs give better gear than HC T11 -.-), reward only blues for dungeons, give us hard dungeons like entry cata ones or zandalari not nerfed that require CC. On the other hand for casuals and bad players there will be Normal which will be nerfed a bit plus LFR for the bad players and alts, while the normal dungeons will be more friendly to them.

All in all, my suggestion is, make Heroic harder a bit, keep normal and lower as it is so everyone enjoys the game. And if you want even harder HC raids, I'm sure blizzard will listen to it and bring challenge mode just as they said before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiviymatoc View Post
    i would like diablo-hardcore WoW so like if you die, your character is gone, that would be cool
    a very intense gameplay experience
    Dont steal my ideas !

Btw +1 .

inb4 random self-proclaimed-harcore's comment