Quote Originally Posted by tariel36 View Post
    snip
    GW2 definitely fits your criteria, so I'd say to go ahead with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    or you can try out dark souls, the character creator lets you fuck yourself up pretty hardcore to the point where it is sort of unreasonable to categorize yourself as human
    so, play as human, then reshape his face to not look like a human...but still play as human, which is my "problem" with games nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by Rainsorrow View Post
    hi everyone, i am looking for a rpg or action game (plus if its with story), where you don't play as human...sound strange, right? i am sorta sick of playing almost every game now where you are always human
    i am talking about playable races like argonians from TES games and so on...anthromorphical (or non anthro) animals
    so far i know about TES series, or wow, or GW...and thats all, i didn't finded any other game (well, there is still mage knight: apocalypse, but i am not sure if its playable on win7 yet)
    so, if anybody know a game with my "specification", i would be glad if you could answer here, or PM me name of it
    thank you so much
    You probably already know about this game, but will say it anyway: Dragon Age: Inquisition.
    You can play as elf, dwarf or qunari instead of human.

Quote Originally Posted by tariel36 View Post
    Hey there,

I'm looking for new MMO that meets the requirements below (atleast few):
    • Pay once, play forever (GW2 like) / F2P (No subscription/premium acc games) (a must)
    • Whole content is available all the time (No premium account like SW:TOR or Tibia) - New buyable expansions from time to time are fine. (a must)
    • Microtransactions are fine as long it's not Pay2Win - Visual upgrades/exp boosts(small)/services (name/look change etc) are fine. Buyable additional slots for characters on account are fine as long there is enough slots for basic player.
    • Group playstyle is promoted, but not required to progress through the game (Diablo 3 like - You can play with friends/randoms but you can be the best even if you play solo). (I would like to play solo or with small group of friends (1-4)
    • More than less populated game (no dead games please).
    • Universe/World - Fantasy worlds (WoW/Lineage/Tibia/Diablo/etc), Space Exploration worlds (EVE Online)
    • Mature content/Gore/PEGI/etc - Doesn't matter.

I never tried other mmo than WoW or Tibia, just heard about few. I look forward to GW2 but first I would need some info about things I pointed above.

I would love if you place any example you add few words of descriptions (about Microtransations, playstle, etc).
    Um... how about Warframe?

It's like Mass Effect 3 crossed with diablo 2 crossed with prince of persia.

You can play solo or grouped with 3 other players. There's like... 15 worlds, great lore, awesome combat, epic customization, many classes, and the F2P model is a mix of cosmetics and buying "gear" (gear is the base stats of a weapon. the real progression is in the mods which are drops from enemies. It's complicated but it's not P2W since... well, gear won't stop you from sucking in this game haha)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Looking for an active RolePlaying community outside of WoW. GW2's RP is dead most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Looking for an active RolePlaying community outside of WoW. GW2's RP is dead most of the time.
    Isn't LOTRO pretty much ALL rp community?

RP community in SWTOR seems pretty active from what I've seen

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    RP community in SWTOR seems pretty active from what I've seen
    That too :P

It's just a lot of fun to pretend to be an imperial agent... just a lot of fun.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies.

I recently picked up This War of Mine. I played it A LOT. It's a great game, but it's depressing and brutal and sad. And I beat it on an aggressive winter start. But it's depressing, brutal and sad.

So I need a palate cleanser, something light and cheerful and happy and relatively easy. Nothing that requires fast reactions. Turn-based would be nice, or something realtime with a forgiving pause button.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    So I need a palate cleanser, something light and cheerful and happy and relatively easy. Nothing that requires fast reactions. Turn-based would be nice, or something realtime with a forgiving pause button.
    Going out on a limb here, but Fearless Fantasy is pretty casual and silly. http://store.steampowered.com/app/282100/

If you like the sound of it, you can get it from a bundle with a bunch of other games here: http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundl...lash-rebundle/ for the same price it would be by itself.

It also has 2 other silly games, Muffin Knight and I am Vegend...and then some serious ones if you want to get back to that.
    BAD WOLF

Looking for a mmorpg style game where I can play solo and get the super rare best gear in game and party up to do the same things if i wanted to, but not necessary. Where items drop in a certain place that I can farm for, instead of completely random anywhere in the world drops so I can dedicate myself to a certain item from a certain area etc. I would prefer it to have a good graphics and a talent system. Solving puzzles would be a plus. If it accommodated skill over gear even better. I'm thinking along old school vanilla loot tables with static drops and areas to farm, but dungeon etc are able to be done solo and don't require a group, but you could group if you wanted to, with much more complex drops and ultra rare items. Anyone know anything like this?

Quote Originally Posted by tenaciouzd View Post
    Looking for a mmorpg style game where I can play solo and get the super rare best gear in game and party up to do the same things if i wanted to, but not necessary. Where items drop in a certain place that I can farm for, instead of completely random anywhere in the world drops so I can dedicate myself to a certain item from a certain area etc. I would prefer it to have a good graphics and a talent system. Solving puzzles would be a plus. If it accommodated skill over gear even better. I'm thinking along old school vanilla loot tables with static drops and areas to farm, but dungeon etc are able to be done solo and don't require a group, but you could group if you wanted to, with much more complex drops and ultra rare items. Anyone know anything like this?
    Eh, closest thing I can think of is Dragon Age Inquisition.

+Single player
    +Graphics
    +Talent system
    +Puzzles
    +Skill > gear
    +Static drops from certain mobs (not area)
    +Farm for leather, minerals or herbs
    +Crafting

-Always grouped with Ai (can go solo on casual)

Only ultra rare items I can think of is those you craft yourself with tier 4 materials from dragons.

Deleted
    So, I am kind of lost now that I have finally finished Dragon Age Inquisition (bought it since launch but IRL didn't allow me to play that much). I am waiting for a few games that will launch later this year but wanted to find something to keep me entertained for a while.

My favourite games are most probably RPG ones like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, SWKOTOR, Skyrim, The Witcher and many others but any game with a compeling story will keep me entertained (Metal Gear, Bioshock, The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, Heavy Rain, Beyond...). Other games I also liked were Uncharted, the last Tomb Raider and point and click games like Monkey Island, Broken Sword,etc.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Curtarc1987 View Post
    So, I am kind of lost now that I have finally finished Dragon Age Inquisition (bought it since launch but IRL didn't allow me to play that much). I am waiting for a few games that will launch later this year but wanted to find something to keep me entertained for a while.

My favourite games are most probably RPG ones like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, SWKOTOR, Skyrim, The Witcher and many others but any game with a compeling story will keep me entertained (Metal Gear, Bioshock, The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, Heavy Rain, Beyond...). Other games I also liked were Uncharted, the last Tomb Raider and point and click games like Monkey Island, Broken Sword,etc.

Any suggestions?
    Seems like you are open for most games?
    Then obviously I have to suggest the best games ever made: Half-Life 1 and 2, also Episode 1 and 2 for Half Life 2.

For RPGs:
    Fable
    Ys Origins (JRPG)

Other:
    Psychonauts - great comedy, fun story and gameplay, indie platform game
    Portal 1/2 - very fun fps puzzle game, very much comedy in this as well. Portal 2 is worth mentioning that it is the highest ranked game on steam.
    Last edited by Knslyr; 2015-01-22 at 10:22 AM.

@Curtarc

Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning
    The Banner Saga
    Transistor
    Bastion
    Shadowrun Dragonfall

Deleted
    I play Guild Wars 2 and I love the combat system and World vs World (Server v Server) but Anet are quite frankly pathetic as a developer, they won't make changesthe community want and they only make changes they see fit without consultingthe community before hand. their idea of balancing a class is making so incredibly broken you can't win any fight vs it unless you are a specific class with a specific build which is useless outaside of any other fight. thier server lag is laughable, thier community interaction is none existant except for them patting themselves on the back for another lazy and pathetic additions to the living world. when compared to WoW it's additions are woefully inadequate.

I am looking for a game with the following

1- Gameplay similar to Guild Wars 2.
    2- A combat similar to Guild Wars 2.
    3- A large scale server v server battleground outside of PvE.
    4- Made by devs who actually listen, know what they are doing and include the community in tests.
    5- Prefferably Free to Play
    6- No Pay2Win
    7- Performs well and has a reliable/strong engine behind it like the unreal engine for example.
    8- Must be Action style and none of this stand still and mash face into huge skill bar but actual dodging of skill, not dodge on next inc attack etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as i'm sick to the back teeth of Anet and thier complete lack of respect for it's community.

Quote Originally Posted by GR0MIT View Post
    I play Guild Wars 2 and I love the combat system and World vs World (Server v Server) but Anet are quite frankly pathetic as a developer, they won't make changesthe community want and they only make changes they see fit without consultingthe community before hand. their idea of balancing a class is making so incredibly broken you can't win any fight vs it unless you are a specific class with a specific build which is useless outaside of any other fight. thier server lag is laughable, thier community interaction is none existant except for them patting themselves on the back for another lazy and pathetic additions to the living world. when compared to WoW it's additions are woefully inadequate.

I am looking for a game with the following

1- Gameplay similar to Guild Wars 2.
    2- A combat similar to Guild Wars 2.
    3- A large scale server v server battleground outside of PvE.
    4- Made by devs who actually listen, know what they are doing and include the community in tests.
    5- Prefferably Free to Play
    6- No Pay2Win
    7- Performs well and has a reliable/strong engine behind it like the unreal engine for example.
    8- Must be Action style and none of this stand still and mash face into huge skill bar but actual dodging of skill, not dodge on next inc attack etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as i'm sick to the back teeth of Anet and thier complete lack of respect for it's community.
    So, I can offer a suggestion that meets most of your needs.

Neverwinter Online hasn't been pay2win since the second module (first expansion) and has excellent, tight hack and slash + dodge combat. I feel that its combat is a far superior version of guild wars 2, personally. The devs listen and do a lot of fan service because they have to in order to stay profitable. It's fairly well optimized, helps the combat feel tight as fuck.

Give it a try. Worst case, you don't like it and you've lost nothing but a little time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    So, I can offer a suggestion that meets most of your needs.

Neverwinter Online hasn't been pay2win since the second module (first expansion) and has excellent, tight hack and slash + dodge combat. I feel that its combat is a far superior version of guild wars 2, personally. The devs listen and do a lot of fan service because they have to in order to stay profitable. It's fairly well optimized, helps the combat feel tight as fuck.

Give it a try. Worst case, you don't like it and you've lost nothing but a little time.
    What's the PvP like, is there any WvW type stuff etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GR0MIT View Post
    What's the PvP like, is there any WvW type stuff etc.
    No, like I said, not everything on your list.

There is instanced arena, 5v5. (Dominion)
    There is guild faction vs guild faction, 20v20 which unlocks a dungeon for a short period after the match. (Gauntlgrym).
    There is daily faction vs daily faction, (open world PvP zones in icewind dale).

It's all very fun and I have a feeling that the closest thing to WvW would probably be Gauntlgrym. It reminds me of a smaller Baradin Hold or WinterGrasp.

Last edited by Bardarian; 2015-01-23 at 10:24 PM.