10+ Year Old Account
    Presuming WoW is your first MMO of that type, 'theme park' as some people denote it. For most people probably won't happen again. It kind of goes for a lot of things. First time is great, then the next few times wouldn't be the same.

Only thing I can say is either don't play them or find one you enjoy through and through. Not look for a big one hit satisfaction that won't really happen nowadays due experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leafer View Post
    i did not feel that it gave me any satisfaction or that there was nothing to "achive" from playing.
    If the most important thing for you is "achievement"... Then, yes, you probably won't find anything worth playing, except for WoW. Blizzard does this thing the best.

Hell, if the leveling wasn't so godawful boring in WoW, I would even consider playing it myself. But I didn't feel any achievement in 1-shotting quest bosses. You mentioned SWTOR... Well, that's what I'm playing currently, since it, at least, poses some challenge in leveling, and you can actually die if you pull more than 1 group of mobs.

On a side note, I can't help but feel that the gaming era is in cultural decline. People no longer play games for fun, they now need to "achieve" something. But that is off topic.

Try eldevin if you think leveling was boring.. makes your eyes bleed.

WoW is actually pretty decent in regards to leveling.

I'm having more fun than I expected in The Secret World.

I'd gotten burned by Age of Conan - which I bought when it originally came out before it went F2P - so I was very reluctant to touch "anything Funcom".
    However after getting TSW gifted to me on Steam by a friend during these holidays it's proven to be a ton of fun if you don't expect it to be wow.

The game is more of an "mmo Half-Life" in style / story / art than anything; action combat, great story, level-less character skill and gear progression with alot of depth, extremely customer friendly business model. As well a departure from the fantasy / elves / dragons for a modern setting.

It's still a bit early in hours /played but I'd highly recommend it based on my experience with it sofar.
    My friend has been playing it for months is still having fun and "the end" is nowhere in sight, so that's an added plus.
    Last edited by Roadblock; 2014-01-07 at 08:14 PM.

Deleted
    Why don't you play WoW again then?

I really don't get the whole WoW is taboo mentality. I also notice during discussions on forums and on youtube that whenever someone mentions WoW, they feel some mandatory requirement to mention they no longer play it.

Hello folks. Boredom is at it again and while I should be studying I really need a game to play.
    Just recently I came to remember fondly of playing the crap out of Spore just for its space stage. Are there any similar games (that are recent though)?
    I heard about X3 but I'm thinking this isn't what I'm looking for. Something like a single player eve online perhaps. Help?

Quote Originally Posted by Zazy View Post
    I'm looking for ...
    I haven't played it myself but have you tried Valdis Story: Abyssal City? Seems like what you are looking for. As I said I haven't played it though so maybe someone else could say if I'm totally off the mark.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/252030
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    I haven't played it myself but have you tried Valdis Story: Abyssal City? Seems like what you are looking for. As I said I haven't played it though so maybe someone else could say if I'm totally off the mark.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/252030
    Seems kind of interesting. Gives me Dust/Spelunky kind of vibe. I'll look into it later maybe when next sale comes.

I actually decided to buy Bravely Default and it appears to be even better than I first imagined. Characters have very good synergy / funny dialogs. Fights are pretty tactical and at least in hard mode actually give a good challenge.

Paper Mario's combat was pretty repetitive but I'm on planning to giving it another shot and/or play it in small chunks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Hi guys,

Recently got a GTX770, and with it came 3 free games. I'm here for your opinions on them, my experience with their predecessors and which you think I should play first!

1) Assassin's Creed 4, Black Flag. I played/own AC1. Don't think I've played any since then.

2) Batman Arkham Origins. I played/owned both Asylum/City and loved them. That being said, I heard Origins, while good, is more of the same.

3) Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Not normally a game I'd buy on my own initiative. Don't think I've played a Tom Clancy game since Rainbow 6, which was in like, lol, 2000? And I played that one because my girlfriend bought it for me for Christmas. I do like the idea of a tactical shooter (if that's what this is, I seem to recall Rainbow 6 being something like that).

While I'm pretty sure I'll love Origins, if it's the same as its predecessors, I might hold off a bit. I spent *a lot* of time perfecting the brawling modes and story mode + in City. AC1 I liked, but the story was weird enough with the Animus thing that I never bought another one.
    SC:BL first. It's the best one of those, and It's way too underrated. It's great game, great story, you have different approach on your enemies and the maps are like sandboxes with a lot of exploring.

AC:BL next, It's great and beautiful game but missions are crap, controls and movement sucks, It's hard to keep up with story, but overall It's something great to experience. Plenty to do.

I'd skip Batman, played +3hours and hated it. Big city without people, deserted streets and thugs. Combat is crap, just run around mashing keys, and side missions are just a way to grind more time in the game.

Splinter Cell then Batman then Assassin's Creed. AS4 have lamest story of all series and it's the dullest game of three you named.

Arkham origins was kind of a joke. I'd pass on it if I could tell my past self.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Splinter Cell then Batman then Assassin's Creed. AS4 have lamest story of all series and it's the dullest game of three you named.
    What how could you not like AS4 it was my favorite of all the assassins creed games
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    What how could you not like AS4 it was my favorite of all the assassins creed games
    Black flag was an awesome game but it did not really feel like an assassin's creed to me, AC3 had this problem too imo even if the story where still somewhat connected to the previous installments. Feels more like a pirate game then what the label would imply to me but meh.

I actually decided to play BL first. I've never been into shooters much so I thought I'd try it out, even if it's only a third person shooter. So many bad memories of failing hard at Goldeneye back in college, but fuck console shooters, imo.

So far I'm enjoying it. Not used to big budget games, seems like a lot is going on all at once. Maybe I'm getting old. Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I actually decided to play BL first. I've never been into shooters much so I thought I'd try it out, even if it's only a third person shooter. So many bad memories of failing hard at Goldeneye back in college, but fuck console shooters, imo.

So far I'm enjoying it. Not used to big budget games, seems like a lot is going on all at once. Maybe I'm getting old. Geez.
    I like games like blacklist that give you the option for a no-kill run.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

I wasn't a huge fan of AO myself. Not nearly as good as it's two prequels. I'm currently playing AC4 and loving it, so I'd say try that one out.

Can anyone suggest a decent PC option for a co-op campaign? My friend and I have been looking for something to play together, but nothing comes to mind. We did Left 4 Dead 2 already. He did Borderlands 2 with another friend, and I am doing it on 360 with my cousin. We both did Portal 2 with other people. Both of us play RPG and FPS games. He's currently playing DotA 2, which I'm plain bad at ( and don't care for), while I'm mostly playing Dishonored and Team Fortress 2.

Anyone play any decent RPG or FPS games (or a mix of the two) that has decent co-op?

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I'm happy for you. But for me:
    - Main character was even more boring than Conor. They should have done a game about Haytham. 20 minutes of AC3 was the most interesting part of AC series for me. He has charisma at least, but it's just my opinion.
    - I hated Desmond and all Abstergo real-life timeline game play. In AC:BF they dumbed it down to even more boring and stupid fps thing.
    - I really loved Ships and sailing (especially crew Songs), reminded me of Sid Meier's Pirate! for some reason.
    - Parkour/Land part of the game hasn't changed since AC1. It's not bad because they don't screwed it up, but it's not good either because doing the same boring things (tower syncronizations for example) is dull and I was tired of this mechanic in AC1.
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2014-01-12 at 01:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilfrier View Post
    Can anyone suggest a decent PC option for a co-op campaign? My friend and I have been looking for something to play together, but nothing comes to mind. We did Left 4 Dead 2 already. He did Borderlands 2 with another friend, and I am doing it on 360 with my cousin. We both did Portal 2 with other people. Both of us play RPG and FPS games. He's currently playing DotA 2, which I'm plain bad at ( and don't care for), while I'm mostly playing Dishonored and Team Fortress 2.

Anyone play any decent RPG or FPS games (or a mix of the two) that has decent co-op?
    Enjoy shooting fireball at friend's face or pushing him to spike pit by "accident"? More of parody/party game than RPG and kind of short but well worth it imo.
    Magicka: http://store.steampowered.com/app/42910/

I'd consider this more of fun/party game too since the RPG elements are kind of thin. Mostly platforming and puzzle solving in a fantasy world.
    Trine 2: http://store.steampowered.com/app/35720/

If you like Diablo kind of games give this one a try too. It's even on sale atm.
    Torchlight 2: http://store.steampowered.com/app/200710/

I'm personally not into FPS games so can't really suggest those.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilfrier View Post

You could try out Warframe. Free to play co-op shooter with RPG elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazy View Post
    Enjoy shooting fireball at friend's face or pushing him to spike pit by "accident"? More of parody/party game than RPG and kind of short but well worth it imo.
    Magicka: http://store.steampowered.com/app/42910/

I'd consider this more of fun/party game too since the RPG elements are kind of thin. Mostly platforming and puzzle solving in a fantasy world.
    Trine 2: http://store.steampowered.com/app/35720/

If you like Diablo kind of games give this one a try too. It's even on sale atm.
    Torchlight 2: http://store.steampowered.com/app/200710/

I'm personally not into FPS games so can't really suggest those.
    I got Magicka in its Humble Bundle, not sure if he has it. I saw Trine, and it looked like a dumb, fantasy-based platformer. I'm not a big platformer person (not sure if my friend is). Torchlight actually looks kind of interesting, though I'm always leery of the "indie" tag. Maybe I'll see if my friend wants to give the free weekend a go tonight or something.