Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Wow, I completely forgot about this game. I think I have a green mask laying around somewhere, although I always wanted a red one. Shame, since I hate grinding now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    I played it way back when, and tried to take it up again back in april. I just couldn't get into it anymore. My biggest gripe about it was that nothing stacked. Each time I would mine a chunk of ore would take up an inventory space.
    I must admit it is an annoying issue that I think needs to be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I'm so going to try this game again whenever the new combat system drops. It looks like it'll make the combat a lot less dreadful. This game was totally my thing in middle school. I spent sooo many hours playing it with my classmates, it'd be nice to go back to it, as different as it is. I noticed that it is slightly more expensive to be a member now, which is kind of meh...
    Bring on Evolution of Combat! I still play £5 only for my membership? o_O.

Quote Originally Posted by Fateq View Post
    Don't think I could play it again, wish they didn't upgrade the graphics in 08 or whatever it was, looked so much better in the old style. Do have fond memories of doing nothing but range training one summer holiday.
    Everything needs an upgrade sometime otherwise It'll still look like this after 14 years! I'll be training Range for a while in the summer

Quote Originally Posted by Gottie4u View Post
    It's been 6 years since I played RS. My friend, who still plays, showed me the "Evolution of Combat" which made me want to try out the game again; my biggest gripe with the game was it's click and wait combat and this patch really tackles it.
    I hope to see you in-game sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    The combat is going to evolve into d3/torchlight style without too many skills, unless you are a mage.
    It's better than the current way of combat, wouldn't you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I've played the evolution of combat. It's full of potential, but needs work. I've always loved the quests. This is a really underrated game because everyone thinks back to the terrible "RuneScape classic" whenever the name gets brought up.
    Underrated indeed as It's the game everyone played in middle school, It should get more than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    It was so much fun back in the day, but it looks like it's kinda moving toward hotbar combat, and I have WoW which does it better... although looking back and realizing how many hours I spent mining ore.... so embarrassing.
    Haha I think everyone's done that at some time! Even myself. Hot-bar combat or not I like to switch between games and not only stick to one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    I'm a old Runescape player, I wonder how much my yo-yo would sell for if I could sell it.
    It's not tradeable so unfortunately you can't sell it

Quote Originally Posted by babykdog View Post
    Wow, I completely forgot about this game. I think I have a green mask laying around somewhere, although I always wanted a red one. Shame, since I hate grinding now.
    It's impossible to forget about RuneScape Green H'Ween Mask is currently selling for 74M and Red H'Ween Mask is 120M to buy

Lol this is your runescape

"eyes burning"

I'll give it a second shot when the new combat system comes around. I played it way back, and it was my very first MMO. I really wish the game had WASD movement and less grind, but oh well.

Something I'll miss about RuneScape was the amazing quests, Treasure Hunting (so much fun to do) and the general open-endedness you don't get with other MMOs.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-07-15 at 08:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might resub because of this thread! Runescape was my first MMO, and I played it heavily. I have 3 99s ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    i only played RS a few weeks orso many many years ago but i stopped palying pretty quickly as i just didnt know what to do i vaguely remember it being a confusing game with a ton of things to do

i doubt id even know how to get my account back as it was probarly with an older email which ive had changed many times since then

Deleted
    I have around 70m laying on my old char on that game, could throw it someones way for some wow currency on tarren-mill eu :P

I quit this game in 2003-2004, I was going to quit for a couple of years lol to see if my blue party hats was worth more then, think I bought em for 3-4 mill each, I never got back, started wow lol

I quit for WoW back in the autumn of 2006. What I really miss was RSClassic, where I made all my money by selling people Coal Certs, but really they were Iron Certs. What have they done to balance melee/ranged/magic? I had 99 ranged and magic and while it felt like they were alright, the Abyssal Whip just dominated everything else.

Don't suppose I'm necroing this? >< If I am, sorry...didn't want to start a new one seeing as the search function found one.

Anyone still play this? It really isn't that bad of a game. Something to do while you wait in queue in WoW/other games.

I played runescape up until about 3 years ago, I believe i was 135 but had my account stolen. (Now it seems impossible to get back as recovery methods have changed so much over the years)

It was an awesome game and I had almost 2 years /played on. Really wish I could go back to it, but I couldn't get all the things I had again easily. It was a great game when I quit, not sure now, but give it a shot
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    I played runescape up until about 3 years ago, I believe i was 135 but had my account stolen. (Now it seems impossible to get back as recovery methods have changed so much over the years)

It was an awesome game and I had almost 2 years /played on. Really wish I could go back to it, but I couldn't get all the things I had again easily. It was a great game when I quit, not sure now, but give it a shot
    Ah that sucks about your account. I've been playing off and on for the past few years. Never really had anything special.

Quote Originally Posted by Coleslaw View Post
    Ah that sucks about your account. I've been playing off and on for the past few years. Never really had anything special.
    It became my life for a LOOONG time when I had to leave high-school. I grinded and grinded 99's one after another. It was a lot of fun though /nostalgia. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BUMP THIS THREAD.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    That game is still alive?:O I remember playing it when I was in elementary school..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    I remember playing it when I was in elementary school..
    Same!
    Although I can't see why that would make it a bad game to play now. I may dabble in it myself.

I used to play this game like what, 8 years ago? After a couple of years I switched to WoW, but every so often I would resub for a month and it was actually ridiculously fun. Upon hearing about the combat update, I was pysched!

It's awful. I honestly hate it. Sure, Runescape's combat was a tad boring, but it wasn't meant to be a super huge challenge. It was meant to be a "click on the baddie and wait", which worked because of the multitasking feel of the game.

Oh well, I'll just put it on the shelve for a while.

Renamed and added to the Directory.

Deleted

Official Runescape 2007 servers is coming!

2007 Runescape servers will be implemented, but they will cost extra for those who wants to play on them unless there are more than 500k votes in the poll. Only members/subscribers of Runescape can vote. Depending on how many votes they get the maintenance of the servers will be different. With 750k votes there will even be F2P servers.

More information on the websites in the links.

http://services.runescape.com/m=poll/rs2007-server

http://www.runescape.com/

If this gets over 500.000 votes I might consider start playing Runescape again, so many good memories from the old days!

Deleted
    In before "now blizz will c ppl like old game and shud make classic/tbc servers cuz me and my friends quit but wud start playin again"

On-topic: I guess it's nice if you were into the whole Runescape thing. To be honest, it was probably only fun because it was one of the few games you were allowed to play when you were younger. Now that you're more mature, you would easily see how bad the game is and not touch it with a 6-foot stick.

Deleted
    As soon as they make RS1 servers, I might pick it up again. Nothing like pking in the wildy, and winning solely based on connection speed.