10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    I'd be able to do that if my resistances werent in the gutter and if I had more life on gear. 172% increased life, still only 2k total
    And all resistances sub 50% on merciless. But at least I can grind by having skeletons tank for me. As melee I'd be fucked
    To be fair, I'm still on normal. Things could go sour when I get to cruel and merciless. Also, if I'm not careful elemental enemies will do a great deal of damage, especially fire mobs. Investing in resistances is my next goal after life.

Doing a lot of damage is another another "defensive" aspect of my brawler. As stated in the BotW video, being able to take out normal mobs in 1 to 3 hits is crucial. I'm sure my survivability would go down if they made it so quivers only affect bows.
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    So I installed this last night. Havent had the chance to fire it up, but I heard if you are a long time D2 fan you will enjoy this. Any advice for starting out?
    I would suggest planning out your build before hand, and possibly looking into established builds before tinkering around with the tree to make your own.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I installed this last night. Havent had the chance to fire it up, but I heard if you are a long time D2 fan you will enjoy this. Any advice for starting out?
    The PoE forums have a wealth of information. Check the class guides out you can thank me later. The game is not very forgiving (respecing) if you mess up your spec deep into the passive tree.

Here's a couple of links as well:

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Path_of_Exile_Wiki = PoE Wiki

http://www.poeex.info/ = Currency Exchange Rate Guide

Expect your first couple of characters to suck as you learn the ropes.

There are guides all over the forums to different purposes if you want to an easy play experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Doing a lot of damage is another another "defensive" aspect of my brawler. As stated in the BotW video, being able to take out normal mobs in 1 to 3 hits is crucial. I'm sure my survivability would go down if they made it so quivers only affect bows.
    Didnt they say they already did that? Or did they make quiver damage only affect bow attacks?
    I recall some guy on another forum saying he still gets +phys damage from quivers on his fists
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    Didnt they say they already did that? Or did they make quiver damage only affect bow attacks?
    I recall some guy on another forum saying he still gets +phys damage from quivers on his fists
    They said they were going to, but they haven't. I'm unarmed and using a quiver because it gives me extra physical damage.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol check this death trap that my crew got wiped out :P I was the first to die

http://i.imgur.com/38YYRTN.jpg

Anything projectiles like lets say the mages that shoot 3 projectiles at you + 4 + Elemental weakness = You are dead Instantly

There is a unique quiver that coverts a % of physical damage to fire damage. I remember that working to great effect with facebreaker builds. And there is another with a large % increase to physical damage and evasion. Coupled with the unique helm, Ezmyte Peak, the outcome was incredibly powerful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    There is a unique quiver that coverts a % of physical damage to fire damage. I remember that working to great effect with facebreaker builds. And there is another with a large % increase to physical damage and evasion. Coupled with the unique helm, Ezmyte Peak, the outcome was incredibly powerful.
    That would be my quiver - Blackgleam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Expect your first couple of characters to suck as you learn the ropes.

There are guides all over the forums to different purposes if you want to an easy play experience.
    Hah, what?

I mean, I agree with you (from what I've seen, you can only respec the past two points in your tree). But what kind of game design is that, that the game doesn't tell you anything, and ensures your first characters are crap?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Hah, what?

I mean, I agree with you (from what I've seen, you can only respec the past two points in your tree). But what kind of game design is that, that the game doesn't tell you anything, and ensures your first characters are crap?
    This game doesn't tell you anything. It's all trial and error.

Hah, what?

How would you propose to make a game that has enough depth to satsify hardcore players and at the same time can be played by newcomers without fucking up?
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

But what kind of game design is that, that the game doesn't tell you anything, and ensures your first characters are crap?
    The kind that supposes you as a player have the intellectual curiosity to figure it out?

There is only one hint message during gameplay for the whole game as far as I remember.

Figure out what abilities you want to use, which might take a character to figure out, then plan your passive tree with the abilities in mind, then just see if you plan works the way you want it. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    So my gear is pretty much perfection with a single missing piece well two pieces technically which is my 6L armor which I'm probably never going to do since I read the thread and getting to 100 which I have no motivation to do so despite I always do max level in a ARPG such Diablo etc and such

LEVELING IS HARD HERE

FUUUUUUUUUUU so is diablo but that had baal runs so it covered it PoE? Maps to the extreme and sometimes you die and one death = 4-7 hours of grinding loss

-.-

Play hardcore and learn not to die...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Play hardcore and learn not to die...
    Kay you died to a bunch of goats

:P

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Kay you died to a bunch of goats

:P
    And I learned from it, although it was the knife dudes in act 3 marketplace, damn their bleed.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I learned from it, although it was the knife dudes in act 3 marketplace, damn their bleed.
    Puncture is a very very bad time lmao

WTB Power aura's

10+ Year Old Account
    Mobs that puncture are my biggest downfall as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh hi Azuri when you get to 70s-80s I'm going to invite you so you can do this

http://i.imgur.com/38YYRTN.jpg

It's going to be SO MUCH FUN :P