10+ Year Old Account
    Interview with chris Wilson while he plays act 3

Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Did anyone notice the influx of stupidity yesterday when MMORPG.com were giving away beta keys?

Sure global chat gets the usual "How do I use the spear?" and "How do I respec?" questions day in and day out. But there was a lot of blatant, dumb ass trolling in global chat yesterday; 'lol daiblo 3', 'where are the dps meters?', 'how do i open the map?', 'why cant i attack?', etc.

Now it is the case that I am an elitist and regard most others are object garbage human beings. However, if OBT is like this I'm just gonna turn off chat forever in 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Did anyone notice the influx of stupidity yesterday when MMORPG.com were giving away beta keys?

Sure global chat gets the usual "How do I use the spear?" and "How do I respec?" questions day in and day out. But there was a lot of blatant, dumb ass trolling in global chat yesterday; 'lol daiblo 3', 'where are the dps meters?', 'how do i open the map?', 'why cant i attack?', etc.

Now it is the case that I am an elitist and regard most others are object garbage human beings. However, if OBT is like this I'm just gonna turn off chat forever in 3 days.
    It's an f2p game. It will be like this for the rest of your life Sadly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post

I just hope that my laptop can handle it.

game runs on my "ultrabook" with i5 (dual core 1,7 ghz), 8gb ram and intel hd4000 integrated graphics, i just had to tone down shadows to basic and turn off AA and post-processing. Looked quite okay and never dropped below 30 fps.
    Didn't run on my 2 year old netbook (Atom N475 1,8 ghz, 2 gb ram and Intel 3150), TL 1 worked here, TL 2 with a lot of Frame rate issues.

Been like that for the last month or so...i've stopped playing until it hits OB though.
    I hope to god the segregate the chats per difficulty again otherwise it wont be on

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    I'm getting the feeling there may not be enough server capacity at launch with so much positive exposure in the last few weeks....
    I have a sneaky suspicion that this will happen too. It appears it's a diamond in the rough game that many people are going to try and it's servers will explode on launch day. They released 1700 more beta game keys and they were gone in under 2hrs last night

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    I have a sneaky suspicion that this will happen too. It appears it's a diamond in the rough game that many people are going to try and it's servers will explode on launch day. They released 1700 more beta game keys and they were gone in under 2hrs last night
    Fuckkkk....well more players to them, just hope they manage it

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 05:52 PM ----------

I just had a thought....they might go with beta key giv aways over the weekend to give them an idea of how many will play and to get pre downloads(bar the patch) done before the launch

Asuming you play HC, it should be a little better and most blatant troll you skip will. But, yes, I don't want to imagine the global chat in first few days on default.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah there was way too much of that going on yesterday lol. After about an hour of questions about "can i duel wield bows?" and the likes I turned global chat off.

Not sure. I do think giving away all these keys was a bad idea. And I am sorta soured on the idea of open beta now.

Can't understand how anyone can have the shameless spirit to ask, "When is open beta?" in global chat sincerely.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Happily was invited to the beta just now and about to jump in! Looking forward to trying this out! Also I love how small the install-file was! Is this the ARPG that was made by some ex-Blizzard developers or something?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Not sure. I do think giving away all these keys was a bad idea. And I am sorta soured on the idea of open beta now.

Can't understand how anyone can have the shameless spirit to ask, "When is open beta?" in global chat sincerely.
    Rather the opposite. Open Beta will generate a great storm of people entering the servers at once. By handing out BETA keys right now, they control the flow, marginally, at a daily pace, to protect their servers and you get to get used to the influx of the lesser beings in gaming. Open BETA and release will offer you no peace, since 60% of the population will likely keep playing at intervals and if you remember Diablo II general chat, that is what is waiting for you.

The only way to partially dodge it, is playing HC. Since those lesser beings often do not like to be told that they are lesser beings and HC will tell them. Than again, there's still the trolls with skills and those are arguably the worst kind.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Happily was invited to the beta just now and about to jump in! Looking forward to trying this out! Also I love how small the install-file was! Is this the ARPG that was made by some ex-Blizzard developers or something?
    Nope. Indie developer made up of ex-Hardcore Diablo 2 ladder junkies.

They wanted a better D2.

They made it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    if you remember Diablo II general chat, that is what is waiting for you.
    Will you spare me no hurts? :<

The only way to partially dodge it, is playing HC.
    They are in hardcore too!

Double, :<

Indie developer made up of ex-Hardcore Diablo 2 ladder junkies.

They wanted a better D2.

They made it.
    Oh epic, you should do their commercials
    Cinema voice style.

Nope. Indie developer made up of ex-Hardcore Diablo 2 ladder junkies.

They wanted a better D2.

They made it.
    Wait a minute...
    I have been following the wrong game lol,
    though this was the Titan Quest developer one(Grim Dawn).
    /facepalm

10+ Year Old Account
    I was curious about the Moderators I've seen online anyone know if they're from the company or people who have paid and volunteered to try and help keep things under control?

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    I was curious about the Moderators I've seen online anyone know if they're from the company or people who have paid and volunteered to try and help keep things under control?
    Both.

/10 chars

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So far, I am seriously VERY happy with this game! This is amazing, the quality is stunning! For indie devs going for f2p, I'm amazed at the quality of this, in every aspect, over Diablo 3! It's... amazingly shocking, honestly. The graphics, the sound, everything. The speccing is awesome, too.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

An experiment with attack speed stacking in the legacy league over 15 attacks per second accomplished just after this video.

The thread is here

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    An experiment with attack speed stacking in the legacy league over 15 attacks per second accomplished just after this video.

[/video]

The thread is here
    Doesn't look like doing this on HC would be a good thing :P