Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Thanks for the offer. But I have to kill him to progress. Lost a couple in Cruel. =(
    Yeah I know it's needed for progression hence the offer to nuke it for you if you need to get past safely. =)

PoE forums were good thismorning, was on last night and saw this thread.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/670410

the tube admitted botting but hadn't been banned, and had made another thread identical to the next one i'll post which was locked but still no ban

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/vie.../671810/page/1

After about an hour he finally gets his ban despite being a supporter.

On a different note barrage sounds like it may be fun.

Deleted
    Oh man, that is funny indeed.

BTW, hit lvl 60 and am ripping merciless apart with my Bow Scion. It's actually quite funny considering I don't trade so the Uniques I have I found myself. I've also only got the gems I've received through quests or drops. Once I get any 6L item and a cast on crit gem, I can forsee my dps skyrocketing. I also have a Doedre's Damning, so I'm toying with the idea of (again if I have a 6L) using 2 curses linked with curse on hit. I already use Projectile weakness, but conductivity, critical weakness, warlord's mark (I have a 15% quality one of them) or any other of the curses, slowing or enfeeble linked with my lightning arrow would be very interesting. I have a Perandus Blazon and I wonder if, using warlords mark, I could have near 100% uptime of my diamond flask.

But yeah, getting a 6L will take a lot of time. Like, a lot.

If at some time in the long long distant future I have a 6L bow and 6L chest, I'm thinking I'll have 2 lightning arrows, one linked to dual curse, the other linked to cast on crit. I can refill my diamond flasks using dual curse, then pop them for cast on crit goodness. But then at 2 6L items, I could have op AOE with LA and OP single target with Frenzy (due to my spec and choice of bandits, I can have 7 frenzy charges [does anyone know any item that increases max frenzy charges? {edit: so I see the Darkray Vectors, these I like the look of. 8 Frenzy charges brings me to 40% movement speed and 16% chance to dodge}]).
    Last edited by mmoc8d1df16656; 2013-12-03 at 11:54 AM.

Deleted
    I need some help TY :P

I am a summener with all summen nodes active and i have the bones of ullr (tp show you what i can summen).
    I also am a duel totem user with ironwood. In one of my totems i use firestorm and in the other I have skellies.
    On the spectres i have added chaos and lesser multiple projectiles (and stun because i have no idea what else to put in the red socket.
    On the zombies i have minion damage, minion speed and item rarety
    and my skellies are totem added lightning andfaster attacks.

those 4 are all 4 linked . i also have a 3 link shield bleu bleu red but nothing is in that yet.

Now the question is: I think i want to put a spell instead of the skellies in the 2nd totem but i don't know what kind of spell I have ice spear and frost nova and freezing pulse and arctic breath. ( I was thinking of a cold spell but i am not shure if that is a good idea for a summener)
    As for lightning i only have spark and shock nova.

I have a butload of other spells but they are not worth menitoning at this point i think.
    I want to know what is a good idea to do keep the zombies as a totem (i realy like that :P ) or put a different spell in it since i also have the ironwood node (extra totem damage and such

Please help
    Last edited by mmoc90b269506a; 2013-12-03 at 04:26 PM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel I should bring this up since its been annoying me for sometime, am I the only one who thinks frenzy should have been a support gem?, the fact that it lack a unique animation makes it pretty bad for melee and only good for range since you can see the projectile, I feel it should become support or the devs should add a nice visual cue so I can see where my attack is hitting I also feel the same way about reave, an invisible cleave just doesn't cut it.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Deleted
    First you say you have firestorm and skellies on totems, and then you say you have zombies on totem. I think it would be clever to put arc, item rarity and culling strike on a totem instead of firestorm, item rarity on a summon is not great as the chance they get the killing blow is quite rare. Otherwise, remove one totem and put arc, culling, item rarity and a faster casting together and cast it yourself, but this takes away from the ability to just sit back and watch everything get killed without your interaction.

Deleted
    Not zombies that was a typo.

Well since i can't do any damage myself it is nearly always a minion that gets the killing blow and my zombies are the most powerfull of my summens so the chanse that they get the killing blow is decent (i think)
    With duel totem i have a better overview of the battle field with all those minions and mobs running around. Dying sucks in merciless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    I feel I should bring this up since its been annoying me for sometime, am I the only one who thinks frenzy should have been a support gem?, the fact that it lack a unique animation makes it pretty bad for melee and only good for range since you can see the projectile, I feel it should become support or the devs should add a nice visual cue so I can see where my attack is hitting I also feel the same way about reave, an invisible cleave just doesn't cut it.
    I can only really speak as ranged, since I use Blood Frenzy on my Duelist to generate Frenzy charges.

I think it is a good skill in it's own right, it scales well and interacts with support gems well too. You can easily add "Added Fire Damage" and use a Hatred Aura with it, since it's all physical damage. Also, you can spec your passives (go for extra frenzy charges) to buff it's DPS.

Since you only get one frenzy charge per shot, I don't use it with LMP or chain, as I don't want to dilute it's pure single target damage potential. For ranged, there isn't a good alternative for physical damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    I can only really speak as ranged, since I use Blood Frenzy on my Duelist to generate Frenzy charges.

I think it is a good skill in it's own right, it scales well and interacts with support gems well too. You can easily add "Added Fire Damage" and use a Hatred Aura with it, since it's all physical damage. Also, you can spec your passives (go for extra frenzy charges) to buff it's DPS.

Since you only get one frenzy charge per shot, I don't use it with LMP or chain, as I don't want to dilute it's pure single target damage potential. For ranged, there isn't a good alternative for physical damage.
    I was trying to make an avatar of fire build using a melee frenzy discharger, but when I got to the higher levels I saw how pointless it was and made me feel it should have been a support attack similar to how power charge on crit works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Natova View Post
    Not zombies that was a typo.

Well since i can't do any damage myself it is nearly always a minion that gets the killing blow and my zombies are the most powerfull of my summens so the chanse that they get the killing blow is decent (i think)
    With duel totem i have a better overview of the battle field with all those minions and mobs running around. Dying sucks in merciless.
    With so many mobs doing smaller hits, it's quite likely that arc and culling strike will get the death blow. Your Spectres are going to steal a lot of the kills from the zombies, as they can do lots of damage (get a miscreation).

A good thing, depending on your passive tree, would be for you to get Conduit and focus your energy on building up charges, to share with your minions. You could try using Blood Rage (if you are casting arc yourself) to give all your minions frenzy charges. You could try an arc + power charge on crit + culling + item rarity but you'd need some way to overcome the damage over time from Blood Fury, perhaps it would work in a CI build?

Deleted
    With so many mobs doing smaller hits, it's quite likely that arc and culling strike will get the death blow. Your Spectres are going to steal a lot of the kills from the zombies, as they can do lots of damage (get a miscreation).

A good thing, depending on your passive tree, would be for you to get Conduit and focus your energy on building up charges, to share with your minions. You could try using Blood Rage (if you are casting arc yourself) to give all your minions frenzy charges. You could try an arc + power charge on crit + culling + item rarity but you'd need some way to overcome the damage over time from Blood Fury, perhaps it would work in a CI build?
    Ill have to think about that, since it is a very different direction then i was planning to go

Deleted
    I was trying to make an avatar of fire build using a melee frenzy discharger, but when I got to the higher levels I saw how pointless it was and made me feel it should have been a support attack similar to how power charge on crit works.
    You only get one frenzy charge per swing (more with multistrike I guess), which is what's likely making it not work that well, if you are using a trigger for discharge, then it's possibly not getting up to a decent level of charges, also, since Avatar of Fire converts only 50% of frenzy's melee damage and 50% of discharges cold damage, you are losing 1/2 of your damage right away.

Avatar of Fire always seemed a bit pointless to me, is it not just better to use fire spells from the get-go? And if you are producing huge quantities of Physical, Cold or Lightning damage, why cripple yourself just to change it's damage type to fire?
    Last edited by mmoc8d1df16656; 2013-12-03 at 04:45 PM.

A good thing, depending on your passive tree, would be for you to get Conduit and focus your energy on building up charges, to share with your minions.
    Minions don't get charges.

10+ Year Old Account
    You only get one frenzy charge per swing (more with multistrike I guess), which is what's likely making it not work that well, if you are using a trigger for discharge, then it's possibly not getting up to a decent level of charges, also, since Avatar of Fire converts only 50% of frenzy's melee damage and 50% of discharges cold damage, you are losing 1/2 of your damage right away.

Avatar of Fire always seemed a bit pointless to me, is it not just better to use fire spells from the get-go? And if you are producing huge quantities of Physical, Cold or Lightning damage, why cripple yourself just to change it's damage type to fire?
    cold to fire would convert the rest of damage its just that since the skill doesn't have an actual swing animation its very awkward.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure I follow. The attack is bad because it looks like a normal attack? When I use it, my character swings her claw. And Reave does show where your attack is hitting. There's a very visible wave that appears with each swing.

Frenzy could have some visual flair, sure. Like a blurred standard melee attack that becomes more pronounced as you build Frenzy stacks. Likewise, a blurred or sort of wind trail to standard ranged attack could work.

In terms of visual flair, POE has always been lacking to be honest.

I'm getting the impression that storm call may just be a tad overpowered for the right build,something with high crit and crit multiplier AND shock stacking and AoE, the main problem is getting used to the delay in going off, was thinking either decoy totem or a meat shield of zombies, or possibly added cold damage support gem and ele proliferation., maybe chuck and arc or spark totem in as well

Just defeated normal Dominus, holy crap he's hard.
    Good thing you can just jump into the portal again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should I be playing on Domination rather then on Standard mode?
    I keep reading that It's better on Dom/Neme due to the economy or something.

Deleted
    A lot of abilities are overpowered for the right build. An ability like Storm Call, that requires a level of actual thinking to cast it, is actually new! Builds like the Blender, or Dominating blow or various summoner builds (or the cast on stun discharger) where, once set up, you simply spam one button to wipe everything out (or no buttons as cast on stun discharger pointed out) is boring.

I'm wondering what Barrage is going to be about, I suspect an arcing ability, like the Gulls corpse devour ability. There are times when I want to pick out a target in a crowd, but there are lots of mobs in the way (Necromancers who are reviving all the un-dead around them) and a spell that arcs over mobs would be useful (though LA+LMP+chain is also super effective). I found it frustrating to use rain of arrows, in the early levels, to try to pick off mobs that are hiding behind a wall of smaller mobs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Should I be playing on Domination rather then on Standard mode?
    I keep reading that It's better on Dom/Neme due to the economy or something.
    The standard game has been going since closed beta, and everyone there is super rich. As a result, the cost of items is very high, and someone starting out there will be at a huge disadvantage trying to buy things.

The League is great as each time one kicks off, everyone has started fresh. At the end of the league you are retired to standard anyway. I find the shrines make little impact, they are interesting, for sure, but it's so easy to simply pull all the mobs around it away, so you can deal with them without them being buffed.