I love the vaal orbs. They state exactly what they are and what they will do should you attempt to use them on an item.

Have yet to find a vaal orb myself though.

The new bosses are sorta ridiculous though. I have had to log out like 4 times at least. And I am still in normal act 1. It's just that the mods you run into are so OP relative your progression at that point.

There was like a chaos damage, arc casting totem boss in Coves that nearly killed me as it stun locked me from half a screen away. Right as a bunch of bird vomit monster pack was closing in on me.

An insect queen in ledge was dropping GMP fireballs, exploding beetles and all manner of "oh sheeeet". I didn't bother. Immediate log off.

Then the corrupted areas. Holy shit.

Invasion is sort of nuts.

Deleted
    Can't speak anything about invasion since I haven't tried but the corrupted zones are kind of really freaking hard. My first one on the coast was impossible to solo. ST throwing dude that casts Storm Call every 0.5 secs or so on you. Buttloads of damage.

I think they exaggerated the damage a lot on corrupted zones and it seems like it's the same for the uniques on invasion.

Scary.

There is a desecrate / Detonate dead boss which supposedly is a RIP machine.

May I never run into such a boss, Chris Wilson, you wonderful madman.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by Fencers; 2014-03-06 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I love the vaal orbs. They state exactly what they are and what they will do should you attempt to use them on an item.
    It's a great idea that's implemented really poorly...

To make them worth while using at end game they either have to allow eternal as an insurance or remove the re-roll outcome. A prime example is the 6L Marohi the guy corrupted and got a 5S rare out of it, no corruption mod is worth that risk.

Edit: Gief that ring, soooooo OP for Searing Bond build. All you would need is that ring and a Searing Bond gem and you're done...
    Last edited by Redblade; 2014-03-06 at 03:49 AM.

By all that is holy...

T_T

But it's a gamble system. You know the risks. Trying to GG a GG item is a choice you are making with the knowledge that you can turn that item to trash.

Deleted
    Vaal fireball boss?

The Crab boss is funny, so much QQ on general from people who died to detonate corpse

I haven't had trouble with any of the invasion bosses, but I saw a guy named Corrector Draconides or something twice and the second time he quite literally one shot me from full health ._.

Can't find any information on him online, guess I'll just rezone every time I see him from now on
    Pretty sure I've seen him before in domination so he shouldn't even be an invasion thing.

@above
    Vaal incinerate isn't it? Pretty dangerous but you can outrange it at least. The construct boss that spams lightning balls from off screen has been by far the deadliest so far for me, the rest were all pretty easy as summoner.

I'm really enjoying the new content. The corrupted areas are quite fun with low level characters. I've only run into one boss that I was unable to fight, a large Merveil's Daughter that summoned all kinds of stuff and had the absorb corpse mod from Nemesis (already forgot the name). The Crab almost got me with the Corpse Explosion, I guess I was in the right location and got lucky. I almost got trapped by a Lightning Warp Totem summoning Totem in the caves. I've found 3 Vaal Orbs thus far. The only unique I've found is a Redbeak, so I'll hang on to the Orb for now.

1. Some one corrupted Soultaker and got 3L whites. So many exalts.

2. Vaal Power Siphon is ridiculous. http://i.imgur.com/jMrhz15.gif

3. Ball Lightning is supposedly in the game. Some are claiming it is an accident and GGG will remove it. http://imgur.com/mmmWKYM, http://i.imgur.com/tYxv9e8.png

Ball Lightning is gained from the library quest in Act 3. It's real. For now at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Ziggy D streaming Ball Lightning right now: http://www.twitch.tv/ziggydlive

GMP Ball Lightning is as fucking awesome as you imagine it would be.

But it's a gamble system.
    I know. Like I said, just in fewer words, the risk vs reward isn't balanced. Something all gambling has is the illusion that makes the gambler feel like he will win, this doesn't.

In the end it will end up being a pretty pointless and underused currency that could have been great for horizontal gear progression...
    Last edited by Redblade; 2014-03-06 at 08:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post

To make them worth while using at end game they either have to allow eternal as an insurance or remove the re-roll outcome. A prime example is the 6L Marohi the guy corrupted and got a 5S rare out of it, no corruption mod is worth that risk.
    Honestly, I think it's only worth it on uniques like rings and necks that might be cheap, like 10 exalts or something. I mean, as long as you can afford to buy it again, you can risk it, but I think it's more fine to risk it on cheap uniques since their mods will always be the same if they won't change into a rare.

Edit: Actually, rings, neck and quivers are probably the 'safest' items to use a vaal orb on because they don't have any sockets, regardless of being an unique or not, so the penalty should probably be lower.

Ziggy D streaming Ball Lightning right now: http://www.twitch.tv/ziggydlive

GMP Ball Lightning is as fucking awesome as you imagine it would be.
    That's just freaking awesome.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2014-03-06 at 08:49 AM.

Does the game still have de-syncing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Realist Phill View Post
    Does the game still have de-syncing?
    Yes, and it will always have.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm still kinda on the edge if I'm willing to play again....

D3 is feeling pretty good now and I can play it at max settings with FPS never dropping below 60...

And as for PoE... I have to play it with -nosound and GFX settings set as low as possible (even lower than normal by editing the files a bit) and I still get some FPS issues at times. Unless they've done some optimizing in the 1 month I havent been playing.

PoE is ways more interesting but the issues with the FPS and gameplay are kinda killing it for me

Deleted
    Since the new boss is merci only, are the new corrupted areas where you can get corrupted gems merci only too?

Quote Originally Posted by Dude From Denmark View Post
    Since the new boss is merci only, are the new corrupted areas where you can get corrupted gems merci only too?
    No, I've found corrupted areas as early as the coast @ level 2. Pretty rare though, found maybe one per entire act so far, maybe a bit less.

Got vaal double strike from the ledge on invasion at level 10 and I tried clearing out the level 2 coast map on my next toon but it -50% recovery rate and 35% mob speed/damage and the boss was just impossible =(
    Last edited by Lysah; 2014-03-06 at 12:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    No, I've found corrupted areas as early as the coast @ level 2. Pretty rare though, found maybe one per entire act so far, maybe a bit less.
    Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Honestly, I think it's only worth it on uniques like rings and necks that might be cheap, like 10 exalts or something. I mean, as long as you can afford to buy it again, you can risk it, but I think it's more fine to risk it on cheap uniques since their mods will always be the same if they won't change into a rare.

Edit: Actually, rings, neck and quivers are probably the 'safest' items to use a vaal orb on because they don't have any sockets, regardless of being an unique or not, so the penalty should probably be lower.
    Well you can break it down a bit.

Risk factors:
    1. Orb does nothing.
    2. Orb re-rolls sockets/links/colors.
    3. Orb re-rolls item completely.

In between:
    1. Orb re-rolls implicit. (this can be both good and bad depending on the roll)
    2. Orb grants white socket. (this is only a good thing if you get to keep the sockets/links/colors you had previously)

Reward factors:
    1. Orb adds implicit on item that otherwise don't have one.

Other than that you could if you hit the minute chance of an 8 stat re-roll that at the same time rolls the sockets and links you desire, or lets you keep the original, count that as a reward but the likelihood of that happening is worse than rolling the perfect item with a chaos...

Without insurance though eternal the reward(s) just don't measure up to the risks. Sure people will use them on mediocre to good ish items like belts and jewelry, or easy to replace uniques, but once the item gets expensive enough it's just not worth it. There is a reason most GG items seen being corrupted with good or horrible results are in standard league, aka dumpster league, people are just rich enough or don't play there hence don't care about the item enough to risk it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude From Denmark View Post
    It depends on how quickly you progress. They should appear around every hour or so, as stated by GGG. I took time in between areas for things around the house and I found quite a few Vaal Corruptions in Act 1 Normal.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just started playing the other day, rolled a Witch and a Shadow - so far I'm thinking the Witch is stronger because she can ranged/kite.

Any tips on these two? Recommended builds?

My witch has been running Firestorm / Freezing Pulse / Raise Skeletons - with Lord of the Dead and Elemental Mastery passives. I'm surprised how Wizard-y she feels for a 'witch' - I was expecting more witch-ness.

My shadow just seems to struggle so far - he has to walk up to everything to stab them one at a time - while getting punched in the face - doesn't feel very good
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter