Played about 10-12 hours a day since 3 days before open beta launch and not had any of those issues, watched Kripp's stream since launch and not seen anyone there have any of those issues either.

On known issues and blue screen the following can be read in the support forum.

My PC crashes, and I get a Blue screen.

At the moment, this happens with a lot of Creative sound cards. Try using the Beta drivers on the Creative website, or by turning off sound in the game. This forum post will show you how to use Software audio. If this still doesn’t work, --nosound instead of --softwareaudio will let you disable sound entirely.
    If you don’t have a Creative card, it is likely the drivers on your graphics card or other hardware. Try updating them from the manufacturer website. Path of Exile can’t cause Blue Screens of Death, but it can trigger something in your hardware drivers that can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Played about 10-12 hours a day since 3 days before open beta launch and not had any of those issues, watched Kripp's stream since launch and not seen anyone there have any of those issues either.

On known issues and blue screen the following can be read in the support forum.
    Ohhh! I do have a creative sound card, I wonder if thats what caused it. Happened 2x, but only when there were lots and lots of mobs on the screen.

From what Ive read, the PoE dev team is < 20 people, so optimizing that amount of code with such a small force is going to be uber hard and massively time consuming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    9/10 Blue Screens is caused by Hardware. The reason why you might get a blue screen only in the case of PoE, is because it actually requires a pretty decent portion of power. You could measure how much your hardware is being stressed (especially GFX card) by PoE compared to a few recent AAA+ games and you will find that PoE actually requires more, which is probably in part due to unoptimized programming.

So other games might never push the limit of your hardware, but PoE definitely does in some cases. It does so on mine, where my two Vents on my GFX card go in full motion and get knocked out of energy saving mode. I can run 4 to 5 fullscreen EVE clients before it starts even remotely asking the same amount of power and games such as Crysis 2, Dishonored, Farcry 3, you name it, on max settings don't even get close.

So far, I haven't gotten any blue screens just yet.
    Now that you mention it, I remember my brother saying that PoE pushes your computer a lot more than the top games from today's day do, so it makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenogeist View Post
    I didn't take Iron Reflexes or Unwavering Stance since I read that IR doesn't synergize well with the Armor+Evade skill nodes. I'm not sure how true that is but I think I'll do okay without them.

If I were you I'd grab Dervish, Arcane efficiency, Celerity and since you are so close you might want to take out those elemental resist nodes and use them to grab the other Diamond Skin in the marauder area instead.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s...M0k2Nw976ZKyTh
    it's cool, all advice is good advice and tbh I was considering going for Dervish... 12% chance to block is nothing to be sniffed at. LOVE that you can block while DW in this game , I never understood why developers always go for the "Berserker" style DW in games, I always prefered the Defensive DW style, that's why I play Monk in D3 and Wow

I did move that point out of Arcane efficiency though, I don't know if it's just because I'm low level and found a really nice mana pot early on, but I'm having NO problem with mana costs for abilities, so I moved that into Critical Stike Multiplier because (unless I'm reading it wrong) with "Twin Terrors" and the line leading up to it I'll have 100+% crit chance, so I figure Crit Multiplier is a good way to go for damage.

As for US/IR... I'll check into that, but it DOES seem like if they're not working, it's a bug, so hopefully it'll be fixed soon .

also love the "Issues GGG have said they fix" Reddit linked earlier. especially the "More Melee skills" and "Revisiting Duelist" lines
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I love how PoEs engine was so fucked up that you would click a mob to attack it 3 to 6 times and the animation would show you attacking, yet no damage was dealt. Great game. . . . . . . . . . Uninstall. Their entire infrastructure crumbled with like 50 thousand users. GfG.

It sure did look great though~
    That was because of the server issues. Had that a couple of times too. Lagspikes.
    Alternatively you just missed the monsters a couple of times.

In any case, you indeed won't be missed if you draw conclusions this fast. If what you described happened a lot, would you really expect people to really like this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    My problem with PoE is that in higher difficulties, the engine needs to be able to handle "snappy" gameplay, which PoE does not do, nor is the engine capable of doing it. There were times where enemies would flood the area and it would blue screen. . . . I didnt even know Windows 7 could blue screen. . . . . I havnt seen BSOD in over 5 or 6 years (Pre Vista).
    I have been playing for 15 months and have never had a BSOD. I did have a short time where I got no sound (due to a patch, which was fixed in another patch), and I've seen a few missing tile textures from time to time, but that's as far as my technical issues have gone.

I love my ranger, going glasscanon since I'm used to it from playing dh in d3 and I'm lvl 49 in hardcore solo so far, but things are starting to hit really hard and I think it's only pure luck that I haven't been 1 shot yet but I feel that the way I've specced combined with how I play I think I can reach 60 without dying.

Is there any class with any build that may play and have as much as similarity it is possible to D2's Zealot Paladin? Anyone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    I'm guessing it has to do with two major factors. Blizzard being a billion dollar company and the quality of the game. Considering GGG have delivered pretty much what people wanted D3 to be but with some real nice features such as the talent/skill system and on a shoestring budget; people understand and accept those issues.
    Na look I like PoE as much as the next guy and I'm enjoying it a lot but what the poster you quoted said is true. Games like TL2 and PoE also have their flaws but as long as the developer is not Blizz players say it's ok. Even when it comes to MMOs it's the same thing. While theres plenty of stuff Blizz can improve in their games there is a double standard.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kay DC'ing every 10 mins is terrible -.- dammit GGG add more servers!

Deleted
    hows group loot atm.. sounds terrible with some ppl noticing guys just standing still almost trying to loot whore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    hows group loot atm.. sounds terrible with some ppl noticing guys just standing still almost trying to loot whore.
    If you're pugging, it's pretty bad from what I've heard.

People will just ninja everything I believe. I would probably do that too, so I'm refraining from doing any pugs, unless it's a boss that is hard as hell, like that Piety ass!

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Is there any class with any build that may play and have as much as similarity it is possible to D2's Zealot Paladin? Anyone?
    Double strike Shadow class, I play this as my main.

ARPG loot has always been about whoring loot, Diablo 3 was the sole game that decided to change this (and take a look at how that went )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    If you're pugging, it's pretty bad from what I've heard.

People will just ninja everything I believe. I would probably do that too, so I'm refraining from doing any pugs, unless it's a boss that is hard as hell, like that Piety ass!
    Shes a joke well her fire form I run away like a little girl when she goes into her multi bs ice form barrage and k still can't login /emo

It's a ninja-looter's sweetest dream come true.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by yuca247 View Post
    Na look I like PoE as much as the next guy and I'm enjoying it a lot but what the poster you quoted said is true. Games like TL2 and PoE also have their flaws but as long as the developer is not Blizz players say it's ok. Even when it comes to MMOs it's the same thing. While theres plenty of stuff Blizz can improve in their games there is a double standard.
    There is a difference between pointing out flaws with the game and doing a very generalized comparison between the two to try and claim double standards. I'm no huge fan of Blizzard these days but my issues with them aside I'd still say PoE is the better game in almost every aspect, take in to account the monetary and personnel resource difference between the two one can see that there is and should be a higher expectation on one over the other, that has nothing to do with bias but pure reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    heh servers have exploded again :S login seems to be down...

You have to wonder.. are they happy, or a little annoyed by the sudden MASSIVE influx of players.

On the one hand, they're a success! the game has become huge purely through word of mouth and the quality of the product..

but on the other hand, you have to think.. What % of the people currently playing are putting ANY money into the game? and how many people are just sitting about raging on forums about the constant server crashes?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

You have to wonder.. are they happy, or a little annoyed by the sudden MASSIVE influx of players.

On the one hand, they're a success! the game has become huge purely through word of mouth and the quality of the product..

but on the other hand, you have to think.. What % of the people currently playing are putting ANY money into the game? and how many people are just sitting about raging on forums about the constant server crashes?
    I'm mad now I get to go get mad in dota yay! Then come back in PoE and DC again :O

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

Well, I've spent 30$ so far (10$ for beta access, then a 20$ pack).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    This game IMO is the spiritual successor to d2. I've been waiting for it to go into open beta since I bought a closed beta key last year. I'm still impressed with how smooth the soft launch has been so far considering that they are an indie studio with a smallish staff. I would be hard pressed to find any major flaws although I do agree that some sort of monster health bar over top of each monster needs to be implemented, but that's about it.

Intel i7 4770k @ 4.79Ghz | Corsair H110 | Gigabyte Z87X-OC | Corsair HX1050 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | Asus Strix GTX 1070 | 4 x 2TB WD Green HDD | 512GB Crucial MX100 SSD | Corsair Carbide 500R Black/Orange | Corsair Scimitar Mouse | Logitech G710+ Keyboard