Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yeah, it was just a tentative setup and needs optimization for sure - i may ditch Perfect Agony and just go full damage? I don't plan to have the dot doing the most damage, instead i plan to focus on the direct hit part. I choose VS because all attack nodes have also the "+% to ailments" thing and that was just free damage. At this point, maybe i can skip the 8% base crit on the ascendancy and go with the 20% culling strike.

About Mana leech, i basically have always used Warlord's Mark in a way or another because it's kinda a jack of all trades skill, gives heal, endurance charges. Should i change this?

About more life nodes, i just took whatever was available but i can defnitely take more. The tree is just up to lvl 75 so kinda easy to modify and i was just looking at what i should or want to get.

Can you do a planner mockup? so i can see the differences.
    Warlords Mark doesn't give Mana leech anymore. You definitely need to find another way to leech mana. Life nodes as a Duelist are easy to come by, even for chaos damage related stuff. I'd also ignore the last Leech node in slayer for either Bane of Legends or Impact. Bane of Legends is always great and Impact will even work for Viper Strike and more attack range etc. I honestly dont know exactly how to build a Viper Strike oriented build, so I'm not going to make another mockup, but you can easily take up the Herbalism node for extra life and flask recovery rates and theoretically go towards the Revenge of the Hunted wheel to get more life with your current build.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    Hmm.. tentatively thinking something like www.poeurl.com/cpCn if you're willing to go critless. (I haven't changed the Ascendancy tree.) I left basically all DPS nodes as is, but changed some pathing around so as to get more life from the Bloodless and Herbalism clusters, and you're now right beside the Fatal/Brutal Blade and Blade of Cunning clusters if you want more damage with crit, either as you level up past 80, or you can ditch say Honed Blade to head towards them.

As for Warlord's Mark, I guess you could do that, but you're so close to life/mana leech and I guess you have a (possibly unreliable) source of Endurance Charges through Swagger (10% chance of EC on block, and 10% chance of FC on block). So I kinda imagine it's worth spending a couple points on leech so you can probably find a more useful curse instead, whether Enfeeble/Temp Chains (don't forget that would make poisons expire slower) or Despair or whatnot.
    Makes sense. I never played charges-based characters and i wasn't planning to do that. I can use this as baseline and adjust later on if i want to invest in crit or not. Moving some offensives from flat damage to crit isn't a problem given all the nodes are in reach. I'll probably just stick on critless for starters but given how reaching 80 is basically easy and i have all the tools i need by that level, i can either spend some reset points or decide to go crit while leveling up past 60 or so.

EDIT: if i go critless, ill just ditch Overwhelm. No need for a baseline 8% crit when i don't use it - that way i can take Bane or Impact while keeping also the last leech node (leeching not expiring at full life is huge imho).

EDIT2: they didn't outright remove the mana leech from WM, just from spells and now specifies attacks.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2019-06-06 at 04:05 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I played Synthesis blind as my first Poe experience and somehow survived to Shaper. Definitely going into the game with more preparation this (maybe last) league. Probably starting with ES/Contagion/Bane trickster since ES/Contagion wasn't touched too badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    Not sure how Impale works with crits. But the Impale skills in general needed some love since they got introduced in Betrayal. Question is how high can you scale the damage now with a 100% chance to impale and all the extra damage it does. Since Impale works like a reflect effect, I can imagine high boss dps numbers on singletarget and decent AoE clear aswell. It's definitely worth a shot getting impale now.
    That's the thing, you don't even use the Impale skills... What made Impale so meh before was that Lancing Steel and Shattering Steel were themselves meh and outside of those two skills, you could only get a ~40% to Impale if Champion with Dread Banner with other physical skills, which was worth doing, but nothing crazy (70% more x 40% chance = ~28% more damage for other physical skills; slightly more because of increased impale affect, but I am lazy).

Two new passive node sets in the Duelist area along with the new Impale Support allow you to achieve 100% Impale chance AND 100% increased Impale affect on ANY physical skill. So instead of having some meh Lancing Steel damage ramping up to 70% more multiplier, or some other physical skill ramping up to ~30%+ more multiplier since you only had a 40% chance to proc, you have ANY physical skill rapidly ramping up to a huge 140% more multiplier.

As to Impale and crits, Impale isn't like ailments, its not based on base damage. Impale works by merely recording 10% of an unmitigated physical hit and then hitting the enemy with it again on five subsequent hits... So crits absolutely benefit that.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2019-06-06 at 04:44 PM.

Comin up on 8 hours ladies and gents. Take a nap and get ready to rumble.

I'm horrible at making my own builds, especially with the all the new changes and I'm not even sure what skill to start with, tho it will be something melee.

Does anyone have a link to a good generic Slayer tree that you can plug most skills into a do fine with?
    ^^
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Comin up on 8 hours ladies and gents. Take a nap and get ready to rumble.
    Work, go with wife to shopping, eat dinner and then play until i sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Work, go with wife to shopping, eat dinner and then play until i sleep.
    Yeah this weekend's pretty much spoken for.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Does anyone have a link to a good generic Slayer tree that you can plug most skills into a do fine with?
    ^^
    Considering that the entire southern hemisphere of the passive tree was overhauled, along with all the new changes to melee mechanics, gear, and other underlying systems, I doubt anyone has a cookie cutter build worked out yet.

I'm sure if you digged enough in the POE forums you could find plenty of theorycrafting, but I don't think any of it has been acid-tested yet by the deep repetition of the live game.

Sorry, but you're probably gonna have to wing it a bit, or wait for the math-wizards to crunch numbers for the first week.

For the ones who need to make that last moment decision.

(Taken from Reddit.)

God damnit, why do they have to launch a new league right before E3 ;___;

RIP the whole first freakin week of this league.

Mathil uploaded his starter builds. Might be worth a look for anyone still struggling to choose a build.

*tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

I can't decide whether to ditch Brutal Fervor or Bane of Legends for Impact. I want Impact, because it's new and shiny, and I plan to combine it with Atziri's Disfavor and weapon range node.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2019-06-07 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I can't decide whether to ditch Brutal Fervor or Bane of Legends for Impact. I want Impact, because it's new and shiny, and I plan to combine it with Atziri's Disfavor and weapon range node.
    Best thing to do: ditch overleech. As stupid as it sounds, but this is the only thing that you can play without.

*tips m'fedora*

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    Best thing to do: ditch overleech. As stupid as it sounds, but this is the only thing that you can play without.
    But I mean, do I really need 20% culling strike? I can see it being clutch if I play badly, but I think most of the time it'll just be a convenience node.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I'm horrible at making my own builds, especially with the all the new changes and I'm not even sure what skill to start with, tho it will be something melee.

^^
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1979204
    When i asked around on the poe sub for kind of a safe generic melee starter that would let me experiment someone gave me this.

Its glad as opposed to slayer but maybe youll find it interesting.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1979204
    When i asked around on the poe sub for kind of a safe generic melee starter that would let me experiment someone gave me this.

Its glad as opposed to slayer but maybe youll find it interesting.
    thanks i'll take a look
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

But I mean, do I really need 20% culling strike? I can see it being clutch if I play badly, but I think most of the time it'll just be a convenience node.
    20% less HP on enemies is 20% less hp on enemies. This is a huge dps increase theoretically. Not to mention that you get an onslaught effect without it being Onslaught.

So here is my take on cyclone with 2h swords later. You can easily change it to dual wield nodes or some axe nodes if you want to play something else

*tips m'fedora*

Yes, you need it. It is one (if not the best) of the best nodes on the slayer tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    Yes, you need it. It is one (if not the best) of the best nodes on the slayer tree.
    Since i'm gonna play Slayer too, i'll take the node as it seems it's way to good to pass. Going critless i won't need Overwhelm.

However i'm not that sold on the perma leech node. It's not really about the heal, but the fact that makes much easier too keep up all the other bonuses - perma immunity to stun and bleed, 50% attack damage, 15% as, 6% dmg reduction. I can respec later on these last two points, but i'm not playing Cyclone either.

I'm dabbling with the idea of taking all the impale nodes sicne with them and the right gems i can have 100%chance and effect on any main attack i decide to use.