Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I'd never agree to a mines/trap nerf until a skill brings back the original Icicle mine reach. After that needed nerf, mines will never compete with high clearing speed to the nature of mines and traps (having to stop and drop a set before it's actually cast). Then again I am quite biased but have always leveled a mine/trapper for the bricked maps.
    Yeah, but what other build has similar clear speed as "old icicle mine" AND bossing capability? Tornado shot got nerfed and most bow builds struggle on bosses until you invest shitton of currency. Ed+contagion has good clearspeed but its single target damage has fairly low cap. Mines are already good boss killer, should they be also best map clear?

Oh hey, league rolled over.

Spent an hour giving myself carpel tunnel merging currency, fragment, delve, essence etc. pages. Ain't touching maps/uniques and some of the others, I'm not suicidal.

Glad they carried over atlas progression, even if in traditional GGG fashion they deliver a nice QoL feature but still find a way to give you the middle finger as a result (needing to talk to Zana and remove each stone one by one, re-opening the dialogue window each time). Yeah, probably a tech limitation, but this narrative amuses me more. Threw me for a loop as I was missing 4 stones, FYI apparently any watchstones you have with sextants on it go into a stash tab...I totally freaked out thinking I'd lost a full set for a bit.

Good news is that my tectonic slam character is apparently still super strong at only 91 on standard, haven't played him in ages. I was surprised how good his gear is (legacy tombfists, because apparently i have some old legacy shit I still don't know about), though my helm is pretty garbage.

Kinda wanna gear up a few silly characters that I tinkered around with but was too broke to do anything with.

Oh well, a little bit of time spent fucking around on standard while waiting for the new league should be a nice way to ease back into the game after a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh well, a little bit of time spent fucking around on standard while waiting for the new league should be a nice way to ease back into the game after a break.
    Well they're planning to nerf Guardians so that's probably gonna be bad news for you. Anyway we'll see when patch notes come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Well they're planning to nerf Guardians so that's probably gonna be bad news for you. Anyway we'll see when patch notes come out.
    I think the only guardian I have is my old semi-summon based aurabot (surprisingly good at soloing to boot!). I'm fully expecting to have my old necro nerfed to hell and some lighter nerfs to my cyclone characters, but overall I feel like my dudes should be pretty safe. Usually play glad or jug for my characters since they give me the most flexibility to do dumb shit and still survive.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well the notables have made me throw all of my Plans out the window.

With the new shield scaling things I think I’ll try focusing on shield charge instead of throw that way if I can get the cost heavier gear I can still swap over.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Im currently 87 with Enikis build, have a couple good items too. It does bad single target damage. I find myself attacking metamorphs once, then moving, rinse repeat until the mob dies a 25 to 30 seconds later. Another problem with this spec is that its a glass cannon in red maps, even 11. I should be 95 by now. But I die a SHIT TON. I use 4 golems, 2 chaos, 1 stone and 1 lightning, and I still get wrecked in red maps.

Best part of this spec is popping val arc and watching a screen full of mobs disappear. But I will never play self cast arc spec again. I feel like i wasted this season using this spec.
    hmm...
    I couldn't play for more than 2 months but decided to do 36 challenges last week (was at 11) and had a lvl 70 Vortex CI Occu sitting around... I had a few Ex from my first char (Arc totems which got to 85 early on), so I bought some gear, got to 8.5k ES, some good offense... got 36 challenges and to lvl 93 with only like 30 hours playtime. (I know this is slow for some people, but I took my time with Atlas, learning Sirus fight, doing challenges, etc)

What a difference some survivability and dmg makes :O

I had the same problem with Arc caster last league, it's just bad somehow... There is no reason to play it over Arc miner or Arc totems. Really sad because I too like Arc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    We feel that summoners are too powerful so we will be nerfing Cyclone. - Chris Wilson probably.
    I am actually pretty hyped for Cyclone.

There are some new notables that could really benefit it. Immune to curses during channeling. Getting end charges while channeling. That means as Trickster you can get all 3 charges for free for example.
    Also Cyclone could scale really well with that Hollow Palm notable

Apparently they reworked the ugly wings. They're quite pretty now!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    wings aren't something i use but update does look alot better.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2784310

Patch notes are here.

Summoners are out boys.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Apparently they reworked the ugly wings. They're quite pretty now!
    Glad to see that, the original ones were ugly af, the forums and reddit were full of complaints.

So, after taking a look at patch notes, have you guys decided on what to play?

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post

Patch notes are here.

Summoners are out boys.
    From what I'm seeing summoners are still extremely viable, the baron nerd just means you'll go for 1k strength and no higher. And you shouldn't miss the 1 zombie off max. Skeletons got shredded though

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    Glad to see that, the original ones were ugly af, the forums and reddit were full of complaints.

So, after taking a look at patch notes, have you guys decided on what to play?
    Tbh mines got barely touched except pyroclasm that got dumpstered just after icicle mines last season. But if you used arc / ball lightning / glacial cascade / magma orb / split arrow / barrage / ele hit / toxic rain / w/e other ability on mines basically... 0.05 second nerf on throw speed that you can offset with the new jewels? This is nothing. Mines are STILL on the menu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta say... Between the fairly light nerfs to summon/mines (except Pyro) an melee remaining untouched... I can't see much changing, in the meta for this league.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    What people are mostly upset (rightfully so) is the fossil crafting destruction. Yes they were powerful, but limiting all the mods behind influenced items means end game players might as well not ever look at a rare if its not influenced. Now if you want a good item you got to hope an item level 86 influenced base drops, then you have to roll it until you get the desired mod, which will be harder because not only do you still have all the trash influence mods, but you have all the added fossils, and we do not know their weights. As an SSF player this is rough....like real bad. I am going to have to pick my starter build on the basis of not needed an old fossil mod, as i may never ever see a desired influenced base type. With fossils i could target farm the areas that fossils, and take any white base of the right item level...
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    From what I'm seeing summoners are still extremely viable, the baron nerd just means you'll go for 1k strength and no higher. And you shouldn't miss the 1 zombie off max. Skeletons got shredded though
    Oh well. It was fun while it lasted. The damage from skeletons is what made the spec so much fun.

Im thinking about a Jugg this season. Something I can just stand in fire and dps things down slowly and not worry about 1 shot deaths. Since summoner is out this season, I think this is my best bet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Gotta say... Between the fairly light nerfs to summon/mines (except Pyro) an melee remaining untouched... I can't see much changing, in the meta for this league.
    Skeletons got a 40% damage reduction. There's nothing light about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    What people are mostly upset (rightfully so) is the fossil crafting destruction.
    Was bound to happen after multimod nerf. Fossils were already popular before and skyrocketed as a preferred crafting method after alt+regal+annul+multimod stopped being the way to make best weapons / jewellery / other items.

Tbh I was never getting any good results from fossil crafting and my items always turned up trash despite following a crafting guide every time, like that time I tried to get +crit to spells and life on chest and either never got above 100 life or never got above 1% crit (max rolls were like 150 life and 1,5% crit btw).

And every build guide that wasn't unique-heavy had half its inventory fossil-crafted so I dunno how nobody expected this to be hit.

I'm more baffled about nerfing temple mods to the ground in the same patch they claim to wish to make the temple more lucrative to run.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Skeletons got a 40% damage reduction. There's nothing light about it.
    Also feeding frenzy lost it's damage buff, only gives attack speed / movement speed I imagine.

And baron got dumpstered. Base zombies get 1 fewer zombie, +1 zombie mod is removed from chest only goes on helmets (sorry baron users), and if you had 1,5k str you only get 3 extra zombies instead of 5. That adds up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was bound to happen after multimod nerf. Fossils were already popular before and skyrocketed as a preferred crafting method after alt+regal+annul+multimod stopped being the way to make best weapons / jewellery / other items.

Tbh I was never getting any good results from fossil crafting and my items always turned up trash despite following a crafting guide every time, like that time I tried to get +crit to spells and life on chest and either never got above 100 life or never got above 1% crit (max rolls were like 150 life and 1,5% crit btw).

And every build guide that wasn't unique-heavy had half its inventory fossil-crafted so I dunno how nobody expected this to be hit.

I'm more baffled about nerfing temple mods to the ground in the same patch they claim to wish to make the temple more lucrative to run.
    I knew it was going to happen, but what they did to fix it is make it even harder than previously, so you complaints about the existing system are just compounded even further because you now need an ideal influenced base. Previously you could target farm fossils to keep trying, now you have to have the right item level base drop with the right influence. Its not like any of the good mods went away, they just got locked behind another barrier.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also feeding frenzy lost it's damage buff, only gives attack speed / movement speed I imagine.

And baron got dumpstered. Base zombies get 1 fewer zombie, +1 zombie mod is removed from chest only goes on helmets (sorry baron users), and if you had 1,5k str you only get 3 extra zombies instead of 5. That adds up.

Yeah. It was a pretty big hit. But I agree with GGG, it needed to be nerfed. I did summoner spec with zombie + skelly for Blight league and I literally just summoned skelies and stood around all season. They wrecked things instantly and nothing could one shot me with 13 zombies up. Was pretty crazy for cheap, I think I spent 4 exalts on gear that season, when I usually average 10 to 15 per season.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post

Patch notes are here.

Summoners are out boys.
    Man, summoners got REKT. Hard. RIP offering. RIP Baron. I love their patch notes on some of the items, "You can divine this if you're offended by how powerful you are."

Some stream of consciousness thoughts I had last night...

Dash change is pretty neat. Wondering if that'll let you leap over things, but at the very least more distance is nice!

Precision change sucks. RIP level 1 precision aura, but I get why they did it.

Shapers touch got rekt hard. Super hard. Wish I'd kept more of those/Baron since they'd all be legacy and super valuable now.

However...the buffs to Doryani's Fist look SUPER FUCKING INTERESTING to me. Kinda really want to see if I can make some kind of facetank build around that this league. I guess it sucks that I'd be doing another unarmed league, but if I can figure out some lightning based melee build with them that isn't relying on cyclone I'll be pleased as punch.

"Fixed a bug which caused the cliffs in The Ledge to appear, as one QA member put it, "baby-smooth"" - The most important of bug fixes.

the cluster jewels might be the fix my build needed as I was struggling to get a good amount of health/shield (depending which i went)

good to see no nerfs to any part of my build, except elusive

CoC Arc gonna be good