Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Yeah, I read they were hitting all summoner builds with the nerfbat this league. Were they really THAT overpowered?
    You can do awakening 8 sirus and never touch a button, I'd say so.

I guess I should add with very little investment as well
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2020-03-12 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Yeah, I read they were hitting all summoner builds with the nerfbat this league. Were they really THAT overpowered?
    Yep, skeletons was a go to Awakener farmer on SSF HC (last season there was a prize for doing it).

People were doing 100% tank builds with max spellblock and whatnot and they didn't need to invest in damage, and GGG tends to nerf skills that require next to no dps investment and still get good damage values. *cough* Herald of Agony

Wow....yeah. At least make some interaction with the game. That seems like a justified nerf then.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man...anyone decent at theorycrafting?

I'm thinking of trying to make a facetank build around Doryanis Fist, seems like it could be pretty rad. I just suck at making builds myself and don't want to waste time tinkering on a lost cause.
    Pretty sure you want to look at Trickster with Escape Artist, Harness the Void and Weave the Arcane and then use the new Archmage support in there... but hard to build around atm

https://pastebin.com/Vt833HLj
    Somewhere around that?
    There are 2 outer jewel slots, so you have to calculate 8-20 more pts, so get rid of what you want? It's really hard to say how good all the mana nodes are with Archmage... also some of the 6% es nodes may be unnecessary if ou don't need that much surv
    Maybe just skip the jewel slot at the upper right, saves a lot of pts.

Defense wise you can go to 7-8k ES pretty easy with some configurations, the gear is pretty budget. With belts and rings you can play with bases, for example ES ring.
    Also you have not so bad evasion and Weave the Arcane and Escape Artist are really strong for survivability.
    You need to use movement skills anyway to keep Weave the Arcane up, so get fortify in there as well.
    You only have 0.2% leech in there right now, that could be not enough, but you get ES via Trickster and for every kill via Doryani's Fist.

For offense, no idea with auras. I have the feeling skipping HoT and using the mana for Archmage could be just better. Wrath seems to good, but maybe even skip that.
    Also you have to get rid of one of the support gems in there right now. Guess that would be lightning pen? Maybe added lightning? Somehow I get the feeling while wrting this the whole Archmage might not work hard to say

Edit
    I may look into the build more later myself, then I can flesh it out more. But especially the Archmage support makes it not worth it right now as long as it's not implemented.
    I also completely forgot about new notables, haven't looked into them for this build. There could be some nice ones

Edit 2
    With Arcane Cloak, maybe just skip auras all together... or get one for free with Essence Worm? Wrath in that case.
    Last edited by Inuyaki; 2020-03-12 at 01:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How accurate is poeninja?

Im looking at top Juggs and it looks like only 3% of the specs are Jugg.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post

Think it's pretty accurate, jugg isn't a popular one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Think it's pretty accurate, jugg isn't a popular one
    Hmm I figured more people would like the tank n spank gameplay from Jugg.

But the 29% necro, leads me to believe the nerfs were warranted.

Does anybody know if the new archmage support will work with Storm Brand?
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

poeninja is really accurate.

Jug is pretty strong defensively, so you are free to get an offensive tree.
    But in SC you can just take an offensive tree AND ascendancy. That's why the numbers are so low.
    If you look into both HC leagues, Jug was at 9% and 8% respectively for chars 90+

Well poe.ninja takes the leaderboard which is 15,000 highest xp players. So it's "accurate" for what it does. It does not account for all the players who cba with levelling and just stop at lower level to farm content that doesn't give much xp or involves dying on softcore (for example very deep delving).

Also most sc players will gravitate towards specs that have OPieOP damage first, which Juggs don't.

After Cutedog made a video about how to facetank Awakener with his jugg (he was running boosting service) many people looked into classic Nebuloch Jugg build only to complain after that 1) it's slow 2) it requries investment 3) it doesn't breeze through maps, etc. etc. I mean... most builds require investment to reach the top state presented in guides and if the build is "full turtle" people shouldn't expect lightning speed clears and 5 shapers per second... but oh well, they just get spoiled on OP builds of the season and then complain about everything else. I've seen so many good build guides being shat on with the only argument being "well it doesn't reach the same damage numbers as miners / necros on the same low budget".

But the 29% necro, leads me to believe the nerfs were warranted.
    They were.

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    Does anybody know if the new archmage support will work with Storm Brand?
    Should work. No indication it does not.

btw, interesting interaction with Indigon StormBrand Archmage
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile...ation/fk9e01c/
    :O

10+ Year Old Account
    So i think my group has our builds figured out so far:

Myself - Poison BV Assassin
    Friend 1 - Vortex Cold Snap Occultist
    Brother - Self Cast Frost Bolt Ice Nova Heirophant
    Friend 2 - Essence Drain Contagion Trickster

We got a pretty narrow spread for our private league. 2 Poison\Chaos and 2 Cold, but two players are alt fiends and may switch later. I don't think we have a single build that will struggle getting to Sirus which is great. Hoping to get a few more trade league friends to join our private league because the creativity that some of us had in our Metamorph Private League was a blast. Getting excited over uniques and drops that are normally trash really kept a few players playing longer than normal.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Probably going for a wand Inquisitor. I want something more tanky then something like an Elementalist that I suspect a lot of people will go for.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Probably going for a wand Inquisitor. I want something more tanky then something like an Elementalist that I suspect a lot of people will go for.
    Do you have any build to share? A friend of mine was looking at Mathil's power siphon inquisitor but that was before you could do spelldamage -> attack damage for wand skills conversion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure to sort out your stash tab order in standard, as they will now carry over to Delirium!

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile...sh_tab_layout/

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Do you have any build to share? A friend of mine was looking at Mathil's power siphon inquisitor but that was before you could do spelldamage -> attack damage for wand skills conversion.
    Nope, I might just copy that Mathil build but I also suspect he will include something similar in his starter build video.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Make sure to sort out your stash tab order in standard, as they will now carry over to Delirium!

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile...sh_tab_layout/
    Yeah... if only there were not about 600 remove only tabs cluttering up Standard...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Nope, I might just copy that Mathil build but I also suspect he will include something similar in his starter build video.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah... if only there were not about 600 remove only tabs cluttering up Standard...
    I've heard you can right click, move to top and you won't need to drag anything.

Just get them to top with rightclick first and then sort afterwards. It's not that bad, you only have to do it once after all. Never again then.

I only just got dragged into the game in the last few months by a friend and was majorly overwhelmed by everything.
    After i had tried a couple different builds and not getting into the game that much my friend gave me a guide to a build that was just summon skeles/zombies and golems then to focus on surviving. I found this fun and it helps me to play without getting confused by the all the gear/skill tree/systems etc.

Ive never tried trading or crafting and just play with what i find on the floor. Others ive asked just laugh that the build is getting nerfed because they dont like how easy it is to play or something and dont really answer which i dont get because im not competing or affecting their gameplay.

Will the nerfs stop that kind of build being playable? or will it still be fine because those nerfs look a bit over the top from where im sitting but then again i was never a fully geared out endgame character.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Will the nerfs stop that kind of build being playable? or will it still be fine because those nerfs look a bit over the top from where im sitting but then again i was never a fully geared out endgame character.
    It depends on what kind of summoning build you were using, if you have a link that will help us gauge.

Most, especially the cyclone-based builds, are getting nerfed hard. Plenty are still viable, though much less strong than before. If that's your jam, you can likely still make summon builds work just fine, just gotta wait for updated build guides from the smart people.