Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Is it min max? LOL no, who cares.
    This is sorta my approach to the game, so this is very much my approach to the tree right now.

I'm sure as I get more familiar with it over time and see how it actually impacts mapping I'll adjust my loose plans, and as folks post "good" trees in terms of profit I might integrate some of those elements. But I largely don't give a fuck about exalts /h because playing that kind of content is often either A) boring (fuck heist farming even if it's profitable as fuck) or B) I never get stronk enough/am too lazy to do the setup work.

If I make a few exalts a week on average, with the occasional big find, I'm more than happy. Never been a rich boi, never expect to be.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The atlas tree really isn't that hard to understand. It's virtually just maven atlas points, region points and what you would roll on stones that no longer exist, which is arguably more simple.

A good hint is to just do the stuff you actually like doing in the game. Not being locked into a region nor worrying about watchstones and how to roll them properly is actually a godsend IMO. I'll lean towards efficiency and profit to a degree, but there are certain league mechanics that I just don't like or enjoy doing on maps at all. While I know things like blight or even expedition can be good, I don't like the way they slow the map down let alone read the modifiers for expedition as a whole. Blights sort of special insofar that if I don't have to make towers I might do it, but the second I have to think about towers because my build isn't great then.. nah I'll pass.

Just focus on the master missions and league content you enjoy. If you want to zoom there are plenty of points that are pretty good (and probably the most efficient nodes anyway). Clicking strongboxes, shrines, essences, heist lockers, or rogue exiles doesn't really slowdown 'blasting' maps to any massive degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Just focus on the master missions and league content you enjoy. If you want to zoom there are plenty of points that are pretty good (and probably the most efficient nodes anyway). Clicking strongboxes, shrines, essences, heist lockers, or rogue exiles doesn't really slowdown 'blasting' maps to any massive degree.
    That's why I've always hated Harvest after it went core, as it's such a slowdown. If the potential crafts weren't so strong and necessary for crafting gear in a SSF environment, I'd just pass it up... but alas, it's not meant to be.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    That's why I've always hated Harvest after it went core, as it's such a slowdown. If the potential crafts weren't so strong and necessary for crafting gear in a SSF environment, I'd just pass it up... but alas, it's not meant to be.
    I don't play SSF so that doesn't really apply to me. Harvest is a mood thing for me. I know that with certain bases you can make really good items potentially, but most of the time I just use it as a glorified map creation early on in the league, then come back to it later if I need REALLY SPECIFIC things.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Ye, I can imagine how Harvest can be horrible and OP at the same time when you play SSF.
    As a trade player I just have some clusters and sought after bases in my stash I just spam the crafts on and put them up for sale if I hit "good enough".
    Sometimes you strike gold, though.

I just realized they got rid of the Invasion Bosses drop a Valuable Item passive and it's not on the new tree.

Sucks.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

3102 in the queue. My Storm Brand Inquisitor is ready.

I am in the same boat that I can't be arsed to "maximize" my exalt/hour ratio since I view POE as primarily a game to have fun, not a game to grind out top gear in every league and only then "begin" to have fun.

That said, last league was the first one where I actually sat down to grind out a HH and I realized it was a lot easier than it seemed initially. I got mine in about 3 days of 8 hours a day gameplay (bought my HH for 104 ex). The key to that was realizing that all the little shit you have in your inventory adds up to quite a bit of value in some cases. Scarabs alone probably brought in like 30-40 ex.

I think the new atlas is great in a sense that it provides multiple viable paths to sustained 4-5 ex per hour farming strats and does so over a variety of different maps, without forcing you into a particular quadrant. More importantly, it gives a reason to push for atlas completion, since each new point can add something quite significant.

Oh right, that shit is today. Welp, time to go search up some starter build somewhere because I legit haven't the foggiest clue what I want to play.

Want to try bow, but bow builds for bossing aren't super good usually and can get pricy. Want to try the new self-cast buffs but...standing still in a boss league seems like a really really bad idea. Oh well, I've never done this before but off to the streamers to see what builds they're suggesting for potential starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh right, that shit is today. Welp, time to go search up some starter build somewhere because I legit haven't the foggiest clue what I want to play.

Want to try bow, but bow builds for bossing aren't super good usually and can get pricy. Want to try the new self-cast buffs but...standing still in a boss league seems like a really really bad idea. Oh well, I've never done this before but off to the streamers to see what builds they're suggesting for potential starters.
    Don't take ideas from Quin.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Don't take ideas from Quin.
    Nobody's stupid enough to do that.

they also made cast speed a lot easier to get

Bows also got significant base damage buffs (on the items not skills)

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    they also made cast speed a lot easier to get

Bows also got significant base damage buffs (on the items not skills)
    They did, but I'm skeptical that'll solve the fundamental problem/risk with self-casting which is that you have to stop moving for a bit to do anything, which is usually super risky unless you have sirus-per-second style DPS or some shit. But hey, we'll start seeing if I'm painfully wrong in the next day or so as the hardcores get to mapping and shit.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Nobody's stupid enough to do that.
    Ha...yeah, *closes Quin's stream*. But no, obviously I wouldn't play his intentionally sperg builds made to create viral moments for the 50%+ idiot viewers.
    BAD WOLF

leagues alright so far I guess, nothing pissing me off too majorly yet

only things im iffy on is great value metamorph mechanic (shit gets brutal after two mods) and the fact the map nodes on the atlass tree seem to be 100% mandatory

went spark inquisitor, enjoying it other than the times i get insta-deleted even with 4k health and maxed resistances in tier 1 maps

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    went spark inquisitor, enjoying it other than the times i get insta-deleted even with 4k health and maxed resistances in tier 1 maps
    I was considering starting with this but the PoB's I saw were...not impressive and I kinda worry about its single target dps since this is essentially a boss league with the way the mechanic works (and well, more new bosses and shit)

Great time so far. I put in a solid hour and a half today which is sort of a lot for my lifestyle. But I had some free time this morning it was a blast.

I was considering starting with this but the PoB's I saw were...not impressive and I kinda worry about its single target dps since this is essentially a boss league with the way the mechanic works (and well, more new bosses and shit)
    the single target, yeah can be questionable, even with sigil of power/frost shield/snipers mark, but im also nowhere near optimized in terms of stats

i was interested in the Blessing support that makes an aura a temporary buff but the mana cost is way too prohibitive (600+ mana for a 9s buff).

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    i was interested in the Blessing support that makes an aura a temporary buff but the mana cost is way too prohibitive (600+ mana for a 9s buff).
    Ooph, I remember seeing a few builds last league that used the boots that granted that to stack a ton of auras, guess the multiplier from the support is more brutal (or the ticked it up). Was kinda an interesting build concept that could work for a lot of different builds.

I'm still trying to figure out what the fuck to play. Part of me wants to try Absolution again, even though mechanically it's still kinda busted, but it seems that's being played almost exclusively by necro's and the few guardians I'm seeing but holy shit is their damage terrible. A few with almost 100Kish dps with it (so 300K from the 3 summons) but most everyone else is in the 20-50K range which is about where I gave up on my last dude at. Granted it's day 2 and folks aren't optimized, but that's even with some fairly good items to support like Doryani's Prototype. I really wanted to play it as guardian for the thematic element like I did the first time, but those numbers aren't impressive.

Poking around to see what else is off-meta (damn, explosive arrow and poisonous concoction are popular) that might be fun but just not seeing anything yet.

I'm almost considering being super boring and trying an arc build for once, since that's apparently back on the table. Seems like there's options on which ascendency to use with it, so I'll have to poke around to see if any of those styles are appealing.

Eh fuck it, found a crack lance inquisitor build that uses instruments of zeal/virtue and seems like it's reasonably affordable to get started without any starter/key uniques that are too expensive (crown of the inward eye is like 1ex now heh, but hopefully that should go down as folks start beating sirus more). I'm ready for it to be garbage, but damnit I've wanted to play this build forever and they just buffed crack lance so why the fuck not.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2022-02-06 at 01:48 AM.

some people are actually praising absolution now instead of memeing on that, source is ingame chat so take that with a grain of salt