Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    So as far as I can tell, there's no UI element that actually shows you how much you've charged it. The bars you see are much xp the weapon will get, and the reason it jumps so much is you spend most of the channeling time spawning in shitty white mobs that give almost no xp, then all of a sudden a unique spawns and you rocket from 30% -> 100% because of how much xp it would give if it didn't just 1 shot you and take 20 years to die.

It would have been far better if you could just choose between easy, medium, hard, "I died" as 4 different buttons or something.

Other than how hard it is to find a good tree I'm relatively having fun atm. Still only have 2600 hp so survivability is a bit rough, but my clear speed is pretty fast and I'm progressing through yellow maps. Hardly getting any currency though, I'm 82 and haven't had any div drops yet and after buying a heatshiver for 30c, I have about 5 chaos to my name.
    There's "the bar", but there's no indication of how much a "full" charge after the first point in the tree is. Hilariously charges apparently give flat XP based on map tier with a difference of like 40k (90k vs. 130k) between white maps and red maps. For safety lots of folks are farming XP for it in white maps simply because mobs are stupidly rippy.

Which again, seriously, I can't believe how dogshit they are. 3-4 minutes killing a boss that's tankier (and at least not rippier) than any beyond boss I've ever faced: dropped two rares on shit bases. So they've made more obnoxious and less rewarding beyond bosses, exciting.

Remember when GGG said they needed another month to work on this league early in the year and everyone reasonably expected we'd get another great league like we have after delays? Those were the days, eh? Instead we get a league that likely should have never made it out of the brainstorming session when the first person asked, "So how are people going to store all the weapons they're baking?" and the apparent response was "their weapon swap".

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile...hite_hot_meme/

Kalandra meme video is back. Enjoy, fellow salty exiles. We're probably all waiting until tomorrow for updates since GGG wisely shipped one of the worst recent leagues (it's up there with launch version Kalandra) on a holiday weekend.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2023-04-10 at 04:30 PM.

well spectres are back on the menu in the form of forged frostbearers

shotguns, good damage

question remains if GGG nerfs it back down to uselessness
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    well spectres are back on the menu in the form of forged frostbearers

shotguns, good damage

question remains if GGG nerfs it back down to uselessness
    Are you having fun?

If yes, then nerf incoming.

This crap is literally unplayable. I start channeling and nothing happening so I channel more and boom, spike in the "progress" bar by like 40%. I charge abit more and I spawn some Uber Pinaccle Spider of Doom who jumps up and down every 1 secopnd and everytime he jumps I die from one shoot.

I tried to run from him and attack from distance but he literally jumped on me from the other side of the screen and killed me. So I thought maybe I have to stay close to him so he won't jump but that did not worked very well, he jumped while I was on top of him and one shoots me again. Tried again twice and I just put another map in the device to reset map.

I really wonder how things like this make it to live version. Does they even test this tuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    I really wonder how things like this make it to live version. Does they even test this tuff?
    Meme time: It's extensively tested as Chris has said in the past.

Realistically, apparently the alpha for the league starts around league announce or something stupid so there's basically zero time for them to do any qualitative testing and/or make any adjustments in reaction to feedback. Some players in the last few alphas (including Neversink) went into some depth about how all the issues surfaced after league reveal/on day 1 were surfaced by testers before launch, and that's not even in-house testing.

Honestly it feels like the only testing is really, "Does this completely break the game?" and if not then it's deemed good enough to ship for the first weekend of public beta testing before the mandatory 1-4 weeks of patches before the league gets abandoned.

And the best part about getting a boss like that: RIP any crucible progress if you don't kill them. You literally don't get progress unless you complete the full encounter as best I can tell.

I've noped out of a handful that were literally just, "It's Archnemesis league, but here's like 3-4 AN rares with stacked auras." and got zero progress despite wiping most of the crucible mobs. And that's on a partial/half charge...meanwhile next map with a partial/half charge returns me almost exclusively white mobs with like 2 easy magic mobs.

There's absolutely no consistency in this in the slightest and it feels like they just really wanted to use it as a delivery mechanism to bring back old AN that everyone hated and that they removed last league, which everyone liked.

I have no clue what GGG is doing and I'm increasingly warming up to the notion that a lot of these decisions are just them intentionally being dicks to players. That's arguably less bad than the alternatives.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362856

Apr 10, 2023 3:45 PM (PDT) - We are planning to rebalance the rate you get Geodes and Crucible Tree Experience so that you get more from moderate difficulty encounters and it doesn't feel mandatory to push yourself to do the incredibly difficult encounters.

Apr 10, 2023 3:45 PM (PDT) - We are rebalancing Crucible monsters, especially with regards to them currently being too tanky.

Apr 10, 2023 3:45 PM (PDT) - We have a plan to increase visibility and granularity of encounter difficulty.
    Open beta test weekend is over, I look forward to the league starting on Friday! (/s)

Not included yet: Any acknowledgement that this league does not have loot rofl.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2023-04-10 at 11:13 PM.

Dare I say, that some of these crucible mobs are... nemesis deux?

I just nearly died to some bullshit that didn’t drop a damn thing worth vendoring.

Yeesh. They really should rethought the UI for juicing these things. That's mega annoying as a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Dare I say, that some of these crucible mobs are... nemesis deux?

I just nearly died to some bullshit that didn’t drop a damn thing worth vendoring.

Yeesh. They really should rethought the UI for juicing these things. That's mega annoying as a player.
    This feels like GGG trying to sneak AN back into the game after they finally got the rare/AN system in a good place last league.

I still think this league shouldn't have made it out of the brainstorming room once the question of, "Where do you store the items you're baking?" was asked and the answer was, "Your weapon swap.", later updated to, "Oh right, you level gems there, so the leftmost weapon in your inventory."

This mechanic needs its own dedicated storage system that you can access from the crucible UI in maps and from your stash, similar to Harvest etc.

If they couldn't deliver that baseline functionality this league should have been dumpstered before a single second of work was put into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This feels like GGG trying to sneak AN back into the game after they finally got the rare/AN system in a good place last league.

I still think this league shouldn't have made it out of the brainstorming room once the question of, "Where do you store the items you're baking?" was asked and the answer was, "Your weapon swap.", later updated to, "Oh right, you level gems there, so the leftmost weapon in your inventory."

This mechanic needs its own dedicated storage system that you can access from the crucible UI in maps and from your stash, similar to Harvest etc.

If they couldn't deliver that baseline functionality this league should have been dumpstered before a single second of work was put into it.
    I wouldn't go that far. But I do think the way you interface with the Crucible mechanics is sloppy. There is a sparseness to it that doesn't communicate quote enough information or fill the visual space. It makes interacting with Crucible as a feature, unappealing. Compounded with poor rewards and high (often unintended) risk makes the design feel bad.

Just speaking as a game design element, Crucible is fantastic. There is probably system interaction for the gameplay in Crucible alone than in several other ARPGs in their entirety.

There's "the bar", but there's no indication of how much a "full" charge after the first point in the tree is. Hilariously charges apparently give flat XP based on map tier with a difference of like 40k (90k vs. 130k) between white maps and red maps. For safety lots of folks are farming XP for it in white maps simply because mobs are stupidly rippy.
    Right, but the bar seems to be more an indicator of xp rather than strictly the channel %. I guess it doesn't matter much anyway, if the xp is low enough you'll probably keep going regardless of how through the channel you are.

Currency has been a struggle so far, thank god for the chaos vendor recipe at least. If they ever nerf that I'll probably never play again. Speaking of which I forgot just how much of a grind it was to play this game. Not sure how long I'm going to stick with the league I kinda feel like my time would be better spent on other things and the league mechanic doesn't really offer much content wise.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't even need to be a big inventory system to 'cook' items in, just two slots at max would be perfectly fine. The 'weight' of your clicks was one of the dumbest things I've ever heard, but you certainly see the weight of your clicks as you jump between your weapon swap in addition to potentially keeping things in the left most part of your inventory. It's just really messy for something that could be so simple.

I don't know if it's that fantastic of a system. It's quite literally scourge league on two items instead of all of your items mixed with sentinels recombining items. A lot of the good properties on the items have drawbacks (like scourge) and instead of just using a recombinator item in your hideout (like in sentinel), you buy or farm them yourself and generally run past an entire area they made because it's generally not worth killing any of them. They nearly had four months for this league as well, and while the last league was fantastic, this one is certainly shaping up to be a stinker.

I just hope the league isn't the wishful thinking that the lake of kalandra league was. During that league people held onto the lakes because they sucked only for them to never really get to an okay level until 3 weeks into the league (and even then they weren't good). By that time most of my friends and I were done with the league, so we gave hundreds of lakes to the couple people in our friend group who couldn't play nearly as much all of those lakes we made lol.

More rewarding currency or items from the league mechanic would be nice, and making the zone you go to being far more worth clearing should obviously be a design goal as well. Sliders or a difficulty warning with the mechanic instead of arbitrary random difficulty spikes without knowing what you're getting into would also be nice. Finally just a dedicated spot for cooking items would be great. Doing three of those four things would make the league a bit more fun. Otherwise it just sort of feels like standard at the moment.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile...ving_crucible/

And fair warning if you're trading: If you see a suspicious cheap item that has "Turns into unique of this type" i.e. Steel Kite Shield, it's quite likely not actually going to give you Emperor's Vigilance.

Because folks are just mashing garbage unique bases with valuable unique bases and there's no way to tell if the item on trade has a merged tree or a native one.

There's more cracks and holes in this 4-month league than most of their recent 3-month leagues, what the heck man. How do they take extra time and deliver a smaller, worse quality league than usual?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile...ving_crucible/

And fair warning if you're trading: If you see a suspicious cheap item that has "Turns into unique of this type" i.e. Steel Kite Shield, it's quite likely not actually going to give you Emperor's Vigilance.
    Didn’t know such nodes were a thing, I’ll have to start picking up kite shields as I need an Emperor's Vigilance and the price more then doubled over night due to a Reddit post.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile...breakable_now/

Possible stealth nerf or bug: Jug double body armour node now gives 100% increased armour vs. 100% more armour. For any of you RF or Bonezone Jug enjoyers out there, worth keeping in mind. Hopefully it's a bug.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Didn’t know such nodes were a thing, I’ll have to start picking up kite shields as I need an Emperor's Vigilance and the price more then doubled over night due to a Reddit post.
    Ye, this is a league that will benefit from a custom loot filter. Off to Filterblade I guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ye, this is a league that will benefit from a custom loot filter. Off to Filterblade I guess.
    Ya I’ve been ignoring some other pieces for my build with how stingy chaos has been but given the sudden price rise I’ll likely have more luck grabbing other pieces to get higher in the atlas and Mabye get my own then trying to save up for it.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile..._possible_rip/

lol so much for that weapon node

dont mind me im abusing the shit out of frostbearers as much as i can before the inevitable 'fix'
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile..._possible_rip/

lol so much for that weapon node

dont mind me im abusing the shit out of frostbearers as much as i can before the inevitable 'fix'
    Wouldn’t this node still be super useful for some bossing and farming any content indoors?

Assuming something like maven/exarch doesn’t have invisible walls around there floating platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Wouldn’t this node still be super useful for some bossing and farming any content indoors?

Assuming something like maven/exarch doesn’t have invisible walls around there floating platforms.
    It's aces of Ice Spear, people just got baited by Ball Lightning since it has a "Duration" tag and people forgot/didn't realize. BL will only really work indoors as a result unless you stack a fair amount of duration.

Now Vengeant Cascade notable...yeah that shit is bonkers for any non-duration projectile attack build. My brother has been dicking around on it on his SSF Lightning Strike champ and it seems absurd, I may have to annoint that shit on my SSF dude.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's aces of Ice Spear, people just got baited by Ball Lightning since it has a "Duration" tag and people forgot/didn't realize. BL will only really work indoors as a result unless you stack a fair amount of duration.

Now Vengeant Cascade notable...yeah that shit is bonkers for any non-duration projectile attack build. My brother has been dicking around on it on his SSF Lightning Strike champ and it seems absurd, I may have to annoint that shit on my SSF dude.
    Ya that’s what I figured, seems like ball lightning would be ideal for something like delve/heist though.

It's actually impressive how GGG never learn from their own mistake. Every single league mechanic overtuned to fuck and the general consensus is "ignore it" unless you go to low maps on overgeared character.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    It's actually impressive how GGG never learn from their own mistake. Every single league mechanic overtuned to fuck and the general consensus is "ignore it" unless you go to low maps on overgeared character.
    That's partially by design and GGG has said as much: They'd prefer to overtune difficulty and undertune rewards and then balance from there. I get it to a point, but it feels like they get worse and worse with overtuning and undertuning on top of other issues.

Even if you get to maps and have a geared character it's still pretty shit. Mobs don't drop fuckall, you might reveal a few good trees for trading (which is busted more often than night right now so you can't even trade with the site down), currency nodes are extremely rare and can require upwards of dozens of maps just to unlock a node for like 10 blessed orbs (rofl), and it's just fucking tedious. Once you get your GG tree you're basically done with the mechanic unless you need to mash that tree into a good weapon, then you just interact with it that final time and you're back to basically playing standard rofl.