Page 8 of 768 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Budi View Post
    Are these guys doing a progress wipe and then official release or are you keeping your progress/status and just rolling from beta to release without deleting your stuff.. ala Firefall.

Thanks
    Iirc there will be one last final wipe before the open beta starts, and after that no more wipes. The open beta has no date yet, but the current plan is Q3/Q4 2012.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Budi View Post
    Are these guys doing a progress wipe and then official release or are you keeping your progress/status and just rolling from beta to release without deleting your stuff.. ala Firefall.

Thanks
    Your stuff will be deleted. From OB to official release, no wipes.

Deleted
    Is no one from mmo-champ playing this? I just started a marauder to make myself a build that'll work when the OB hits the servers (Which shouldn't be too far away now). Currently at level 27 and still working alright, I'm doing all of this without trading at all.

On Hardcore too-

I still play at least 3-4 times a week in POE. Which says a lot because I am drowning in IRL and video game stuff. So making time for a quick Fellshire/Waterfall run is sometimes taxing. But the gameplay is so fantastic.

In it's CBT, Path of Exile is the best ARPG I have ever played. Love it to pieces.

Still on my personal quest to collect every Legendary in the game before wipe.

I am close! I just picked up 3 more last night!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm interested in playing, just waiting for it to enter open beta.

Torchlight 2 vs this? Im thinking about just getting it, even trough I only just got TL2 aswell. Do like the genre, and looked some info on youtube, and it looks quit good.

Diablo3 can be fun one time maybe, still got hope, but for now its a lost cause for me.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I just started playing Path of Exile again. They improved the game quite a bit. Much more optimized now, and no crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    I'm interested in playing, just waiting for it to enter open beta.
    I'm also waiting for OB, because I'd rather not have my characters wiped.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Torchlight 2 vs this? Im thinking about just getting it, even trough I only just got TL2 aswell. Do like the genre, and looked some info on youtube, and it looks quit good.
    Depends.

Torchlight 2 is an excellent game. TL2 is a more casual and simplistic game. There isn't a lot that punishes players or requires a deep understanding of game mechanics. Path of Exile is the total exact opposite of TL2 in that regard.

Path of Exile will punish your ignorance.

POE does not guide players along in understanding gameplay systems. Or even ease player's into the game's particular logic or operation. It is as often you see new players mystified by the barter economy as to how to equip & use skills in the global chat.

About 90% of the new players can't even figure out what league they are playing in. It's more asked question in chat, "What league is this? How do I leave/join?"

It is possible, for example, to spend weeks on a character in Path of Exile only to realize your build at level 70 is totally invalidated by a decision made weeks prior at level 10. Which can range from the actual talent points spent to a misunderstanding on say... the interaction of Elemental Hit on crit focused item load out using Wands.

There is also Xp loss when you die in Path of Exile. You will die at endgame. The system is designed for you to lose in the true heritage of ARPG/Rogue-likes.

Path of Exile is aimed at a hardcore audience eager for statistical number crunching, theoretical builds and punitive systems.
    - Free-2-Play
    - Always online. Have a good ISP if you want to play hardcore.
    - No mods.

Torchlight 2 is aimed at an audience that just wants some light fun for an hour or two without a lot of complication or punishment.
    - $20, one fee.
    - Offline and online play.
    - Can be modded.

Both very good games. Though they are aimed are very different audiences.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-11-25 at 05:21 PM.

Too bad Torchlight II died a little. Path of Exile will definitely last longer.

What do you mean by "died a little"?

That seems an odd statement for a buy 2 play game. I still can join tons of MP matches and the main portion of the game is single player.

Doesn't seem logical Torchlight 2 can "die a little" given it's business model and price point. At least no more so than Torchlight 1, a less robust game w/ active community still.

Path of Exile is just aimed at a different breed of player.

Side note: I feel the Independent Game Festival submission by GGG is perhaps the most succinct and accurate summation of the game.

To wit~

Last edited by Fencers; 2012-11-25 at 06:45 PM.

Well, it didn't die yet, but less and less people are playing the game. I think PoE will have longer lifespan. We'll see.
    Last edited by Emrendil; 2012-11-25 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emrendil View Post
    I think PoE will have longer lifespan.
    There is going to be the whole of chapter 3 added for open beta which is bigger than act 1 and 2 together, also heard they are adding traditional bosses and a side area to act three later, possibly have yearly chapters after that...but they have been going at a good rate in the closed beta so i would expect a fair few smaller. patches

More acts are coming in the future. At least 10 of them.

A nice but rather large pic of the passive skill tree here
    It is big enough that chrome has problems displaying it.

Whens it going into open beta?

Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    Whens it going into open beta?
    Sometime in December or early 2013.

The question is asked daily and the answer has been for over a year now; soonish.

For anyone who is interested and not in the closed beta i have a spare key...just post your interest and i'll pm the key

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    For anyone who is interested and not in the closed beta i have a spare key...just post your interest and i'll pm the key
    I wouldn't mind one if you have it =)
    Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    I wouldn't mind one if you have it =)
    Thanks in advance!
    Just sent you a PM...enjoy