Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    You're making that judgement based on the standard of previous MMOs. I'm pretty sure somewhere over 7 years ago EQ players were saying the same thing about 40 man dungeons in WoW, which were embraced quickly as raids.

A raid isn't about the amount of people doing the dungeon, it's about the difficulty and strategy required in order to complete the dungeon. That's just my subjective thought on the matter, though.
    Yup i guess its all a matter of opinion, if anyone said to me lets raid tonight, and I had to do it with 4 people, id be like hmmm lets call it what it is, its a dungeon crawl night :P Id also put time down as a factor in a raid, to me a raid should feel epic in time too, I know some 'raids' in wow are short, maggy etc but those had the scale to go with it. a 5 man dungeon to be a raid should be massivly epic in size and scale ala ulduar or time consuming (not in a boring grindy way)

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Why compare them play what you want, just read about it, they both look shit, y you in this subforum anyway.
    icwutudidthar

and it made me lol

What I like from WoW (avid WoW fan, 4 years played and never been unsubbed);

Mounts

Companion pets

Raiding. I love the concept ever since I did my first one. Great fun and the feeling of downing a boss for the first time is amazing. Getting the mounts from said boss > even that.

Classes

Hunter pets

Art style

Graphics (they far from suck, they are amazing and the game is greatly optimized. Pre-WOTLK content however feels too 2004 but hopefully they'll give it a facelift)

A world without loading screens except between continents and entering instances.

Difficulty choices. I can choose to pursue different levels of difficulty depending on mood for the day, and still feel that I'm having fun and progressing my character(s).

The lore

The company behind the game (I've had horrible problems sometimes, they've always helped me solve them)

Subscription fee. It makes it feel like I really belong to it, actually. I've never felt anything silly as "Oh I gotta play even though I don't want because I paid!!", and it's not exactly a huge amount of dough.

My memories in the game, my first ever mmo or even PC game that I really allowed myself to get drawned into.

The Future of this game, seeing it evolve and changes applied.

What I liked in GW2:

The maybe not as OPEN world, but very much ALIVE world. The zones are huge at that so you won't exactly hit a brick wall every 3rd minute. They are alive, animals behave quite naturally not to mention that the art style is breathtaking.

No mounts (yes, I have a game where I collect them already, don't need 2)

Companion pets. Always fun to have really.

The Professions, they all feel very different (yes I know they do in WoW too, but you can't have a mage or hunter that does melee for example) and with the different weapons they become even more diverse.

The Ranger. No stable slots, you simply tame one of each species and they are then available to you, no fuss. However I do hope they fix the thing with names resetting when you don't use them. It gives personality to tame your pets. I also hope they make some of the untameable animals tameable, such as the griffons and raptors.

No sub fee...contradiction? Nope, I have a game with sub fee, I would however not want 2. GW2 not having a sub fee = a freedom.

No raids. I have a game where I raid, don't need 2.

Difficulty choices. I can choose to really delve into the action, or run around disabling traps or clear a field of worms. Wanna level by doing the simple tasks? Fine, go right ahead. Wanna level by attacking elite mobs and getting busy with other players? Sure thing. Knock yourself out!

What I don't like isn't really a question, but both these games manage to capture me "the right" way and that's all that matters. I didn't get my opinion on GW2 from OTHER players, I got it by myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    /happily walks along

/stumbles into thread

D:

Be gone vile thread!!

Closing this down as we don't allow game vs. game threads.