Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Pokemon Silver (going based on what I enjoyed the most at the time. Obviously Pokemon White is better now.)
    2. Fallout 3 (I've logged 500 hours into this, and have played through the entire game 4 times.)
    3. Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal (introduced Dr. Nefarious... nuff' said.)
    4. Jak 3 (great music, great settings, great gameplay, great difficulty, and great story... the final game of one of the best trilogies of all time.)
    5. the fifth spot is tied between Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves, and Kingdom Hearts 2.... honestly, I liked the gameplay of Sly far more, but the story of KH2 was great as well...

As for the pokemon, well call it nostalgia or whatever you want, but I do truly think that Gen 5 had the worst looking pokemon. Every generation has their durpy pokemon, but I just never felt like Gen 5 had any really great pokemon to make up for that. The only pokemon I really liked were Zekrom, and the bug pokemon, which is strange, because I usually hate big pokemon. The starters were lame, the legendaries other than Reshiram and Zekrom were lame, even the dragon pokemon was pretty lame. Although, they made up for it by making the story alot better, and adding in a bunch of cool new features. Not to mention that the setting was amazing as well.

Golden sun! Where The lost Age was the best part.
    Counter-strike comes close after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The title is ''whats your favorite game'' not ''what are your favorites games'', so you'd expect to answer with only ONE game, which is your all time favorite.

My all time favorite game has to be Warcraft 3. It has one of my all time favorite campaign, a solid and fun gameplay, and I loved the custom games.

Other favorite games:

Command and Conquer series (Red Alert 2 being my favorite)
    Battlefield 3
    Donkey Kong Country 1 + 2 + 3
    WoW (except Cata)
    Dune
    Counterstrike
    Wolfenstein
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent
    Alan Wake
    Dead Space
    Says to post only 1 game.... posts 10.

10+ Year Old Account
    FPS: all CoD's up to CoD 5
    RPG: Mass Effect's
    Sandbox: GTA IV / San Andreas / Minecraft
    ARTS: Dota 1/2
    RTS: Warcraft 3 / Rise of Nations
    MMORPG: WoW

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    It is really hard to post one game though. I can't have a favorite as I play different genres and enjoy them for different reasons.

Team Fortress 2
    Metal Gear Solid
    Assassins Creed
    Mass Effect
    Dragon Age
    Grand Theft Auto
    Red Dead Redemption

I better stop there before it gets out of control!

Deleted
    I often have trouble pulling my cynicism back when I'm first getting into something - and it often makes media that may be reasonably good just feel contrived. I went into Bioshock with my review near enough already written (Oh look, another generic horror fps full of jumpscares with an Excuse Plot), but after about half an hour of playing it my shell melted off and I fell in love with Rapture.

That's why I'd have to rate Bioshock as my favourite game ever. Other games have moved me just as much (Bastion being the most obvious example) and many have had much better gameplay than Bioshock, but I've never gone into any other game with my stubborn hat nailed onto my scalp like I did with Bioshock and come out giving it a fantastic review.

Honourable mentions go to Monster Hunter for providing hundreds of hours of genuine enjoyment (As opposed to certain other games (Which may or may not be MMOs) that provide hundreds of hours of (Also may be related to the Warcraft series) mediocre entertainment and a few gems), Killing Floor for being the only FPS with iron sights that don't suck and Terraria for being better than Minecraft.

WoW followed closely by the Mass Effect trilogy.

Read closely, I said that Warcraft 3 is my all time favorite game. The other 10 games were just extras. Besides, I never said that I would post 1 game

Deleted
    Ouch, that really isn't an easy question. To pick out a few that have been exceptional is doable, but to actually pick a favorite..?

Just... some that spring to mind:
    Zelda
    Unreal Tournament
    Half Life
    Super Mario
    Halo
    Grand Theft Auto

My pick would probably be Super Mario World after all, closely followed by The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. These two games took up the greater part of my childhood and are yet today one of my favorites.

10+ Year Old Account
    mine sweper

I find it hard to figure out which games are your favorites, simply because there is so many good games out there, but if i had to pick out my favorites its gotta be:

Mass Effect Series
    Heroes Of Newerth
    Darksiders
    Dark Souls
    Anno Series
    Crash Team Racing

World of Warcraft
    Star Wars Battlefront II
    Spyro The Dragon (PS1 originals)
    Crash Bandicoot Warped
    Pokemon Platinum

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim, WoW, Everquest 2, Battlefield 2 bc2 and bf3, All the half life games and brothers in arms hells highway

Edit: I forgot Call of duty 4
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

There are just far too many games that I have played to decide upon just one as my overall favourite so I'll list the one's I loved best;

FPS: Counterstrike.
    RPG: Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, the Icewind Dale and Neverwinter Nights series.
    MMO: WoW.
    RTS: Company of Heroes, Warhammer 40K Dawn of War 1 & 2 series.
    SIM: X-Wing, Tie Fighter (remember those little beauties?!), Gran Turismo series (not played 5 as no console anymore).
    Last edited by CarlingBlackLabel; 2012-07-07 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Forgot one!
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll go with franchises since this is a big question, Final Fantasy, Zelda, Silent Hill, Resident Evil.

I won't mention specific titles to avoid debates.

Bah, I guess I should pick my favorite game of all time since it's the point of the thread... I guess it's probably The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
    Last edited by Shuya82; 2012-07-07 at 04:40 PM.

I divided them by Genre... There is no way to say which one is my favorite even then... These would be my top picks just off the top of my head:

Action Adventure: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & The Ocarina of Time
    Fighting Game: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    First Person Shooter (FPS): The Mass Effect 2 & 3 & The Gears of War series
    Hack & Slash / Beat Them Up Game: The Devil May Cry series, the God of War series & Dante's Inferno
    Massive Multiplayer Online: World of WarCraft
    Real Time Strategy: The StarCraft series
    Role-Playing Game (RPG): Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 Tabletop Edition
    Pet Battle Strategy: Pokemon Crystal
    Puzzle Game: Portal
    Sports Game: Final Fantasy X (Blitzball minigame... Seriously)
    Stealth & Tactical Espionage Action: The Metal Gear series
    Survival Horror: The Fatal Frame Series & Silent Hill 1, 2 & 3

As for the pokemon, well call it nostalgia or whatever you want, but I do truly think that Gen 5 had the worst looking pokemon. Every generation has their durpy pokemon, but I just never felt like Gen 5 had any really great pokemon to make up for that. The only pokemon I really liked were Zekrom, and the bug pokemon, which is strange, because I usually hate big pokemon. The starters were lame, the legendaries other than Reshiram and Zekrom were lame, even the dragon pokemon was pretty lame. Although, they made up for it by making the story alot better, and adding in a bunch of cool new features. Not to mention that the setting was amazing as well.
    That's kind of how I feel about the 4th generation, except that the only Pokémon I somewhat liked was Palkia, and I didn't even like the story. Nothing actually good came out of that generation in my opinion, okay, maybe the 2nd generation remakes, they did kick some major ass, but other than that nothing good came out of the main games, NOTHING. Even the multiple formes was a stupid thing, as that was primarly Deoxys' thing, and that was only cool because you could choose between all different stats, not only have 2 options like for Shaymin and Giratina. There's a couple of cool Pokémon in the 5th generation in my opinion, but again, the ugly and boring ones outnumber the cool ones. Atleast we're in the right direction, they fixed the broken gameplay atleast.

Call me a Nintendo fanboy, but...

Metroid Prime
    Pokemon Gen 3 (including Fire Red/Leaf Green)
    Zelda: The Wind Waker
    Golden Sun: The Lost Age
    Smash Bros. Brawl
    Halo 3
    Sonic Adventure DX
    Super Mario Sunshine

... I really just can't pick one.