Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    Still getting plenty of 61-63 rares from A1 and quite often 2 or even 3 rares from champs/elites and I have 0 MF outside of the NV.
    So in conclusion RNG is RNG.
    I know RNG is RNG but with 180% MF I think i should get more then 1 per elite pack. For Butcher i got 2 and all <ilvl60.
    And that 1 ilvl63 had statistics that are so bad i wouldnt put it in ilvl50. 2hand axe with 400dps, with int and some barbarian only statistics....

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    @DreamCast
    what class are you...
    Monk, but right now I wish I had a barb with equivalent gear.

Will do a barb for hardcore mode though.

I mostly farm dank cellar ... for gold only. 9% Movement speed and 292% Gold Find get me 380k / hour with 34 seconds per run . Boring ? yes , but at least you get enough to repair!.

OK seems MF isnt needed for anything anymore. Just ran my fresh 60 wiz through Act 1 doing some farming with 0 MF and got 15 items that were 62/63 and 2 legendaries. Once you get to 5 stacks MF doesnt really matter at all since I was getting 2 yellows per elite pack. Im a melee wizard so the only thing MF might matter on is treasure goblins but I cant kill them so I dont care. Also since MF no longer works on resplendent chests why even bother using MF? It doesnt make your items better so I couldnt think of a reason to add it into my set without gimping my resists, health, or damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    i can find the main post
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...9371619?page=1
    and the blog, but where did you see that MF is not needed any more?

i can find the main post

I said its not needed because Im running 0 MF and Im getting more ilvl 62/63s than my monk who farms with 240%. Except I can kill way faster and have ZERO chance of dieing because i have 25k damage and he only has 14k. In order to afford MF on every single piece of gear i had to sacrifice resists, dex, and vit. My melee wizard has 250-300 more resists, 5k more health, and 11k more attack and is impossible to kill once i stack tornadoes and can spam my shield and frost nova and with 700 LoH i stay at full health. Fixing to sell off my monk's gear as he isnt needed anymore.

i can find the main post
    MF gear helps, but I personally agree with Alilei32.
    I'd rather clear a run in 20-25 minutes and get ~50 rares (off of which I pick up around half that are ilvl 60+) than spend 40-50 minutes on the same run because I'm in MF gear and get 55-60 rares where I pickup half.
    Why spend 40-50 minutes for 30 rares worth even identifying when I can get 50+ in the same time by doing 2 runs in full DPS gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Short answer is that no, it will not "gimp" you since you still have plenty of guaranteed yellows with 5 stack.

However I'm almost positive that quick farming of Act 1 with 240% MF will be better than slow farming of Act 3 with 0% MF. My Wizard is capable of farming Act 3 comfortably with over 100% MF on normal gear and I'd still prefer to do Act 1 simply for the sheer speed of it. Unless your gear is awesome and you can 1 shot stuff in later Acts I believe Act 1 is the place to go for farming, that's what works best for me.
    this pretty much,
    speed scales mf, if you can farm confortably with 200 on gear, its fine sure...
    if you can kill stuff 2x or faster with 100 mf on gear, then you get the same benefit (however with rares garanteed drops with 5x nv) 2x faster farming far outweighs more MF.

exception is less legendary drops, but big freaking whoop, who cares, most of them suck anyway, rng chance at natalyas is fine, but such a small chance.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.