Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by s3ki View Post
    You don't want to push lane as Croc. As any top champ, you want to freeze it almost under your turret, but just outside of turret range. That way, I will prevent you from last hitting, which will prevent you from gaining gold. Which will prevent you from buying wards. Which will cause ganks. Which will cause your death. Which will cause lost lane.
    If I have minion wave just outside my turret range, you wont be able to gain furry, and without furry, Croc wont do any damage.
    Sorry, noob question here, but how do you freeze a lane to do what you describe?

Deleted
    You have to only last hit minions, and when all of your minions are dead, you have to tank them just outside of tower range, instead of letting tower killing them. Basically, you "make" middle of minion wave stand still on your side of river.

Its really easy to do with Yorick, coz he has crazy sustain, and can just ignore dmg from minions later on, while zoning out enemy with ranged attacks. Taking reduced flat damage masterys helps out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaubo View Post
    Olaf says hi.
    lolnope. If Renekton connects with a full rage bar stun, he will get an insane amount of damage off on you. That little bit of true damage from Olaf is nothing compared to a full Renekton hit & run combo.

---------- Post added 2012-07-18 at 10:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    You totally just ignored everyone of my posts? You want to push the lane as Renekton, you dont care where it is, you can escape ganks easily. You force the enemy to farm under his turret and you harass like mad. You can also just rush 2 dorans blades and a Brut for fast damage.

Also Renektons ulti=a heal, you can just spam it out to stay in lane as soon as you hit 6, you dont even have to be fighting and most people wont fight you when its up. And if Yorick is under his turret, he has basically failed and Renekton has won early game, the second Renek has you parked under a turret and can roam your team is screwed.
    Why would you rush Doran's Blade? Why would you take it at all? You literally have no sustain on an aggressive lane. It'd either be hit or miss with such a starter item.

Starting off with boots & x3 HP is far better I would say. Get an early Brut & Phage/Hexdrinker and you're set.

---------- Post added 2012-07-18 at 11:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mrpoker View Post
    Sorry, noob question here, but how do you freeze a lane to do what you describe?
    Purely last hit. Don't farm actively.

This is actually a hard thing to do for Renekton as he requires a lot of fury. However, Renekton can easily deal with pushed lanes. He has an amazing dash and his ulti is a fucking life saver for when their jungler comes to gank you because you've pushed the lane.

His ulti can turn ganks the other way many times and cause you to win a 1v2.

Before free week, how often did you see somebody playing Croc(or Jarvan)? Almost never, that's the right answer. And people just don't know how he works. That's why you managed to obliterate somebody in lane.
    This is just silly. It's not like we're at his release where nobody knows the champ. Everyone has seen him, and faced him at least a couple of times. It shouldn't be too hard for a bright mind to figure out how to deal with such a champion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpoker View Post

Deleted
    You totally just ignored everyone of my posts? You want to push the lane as Renekton, you dont care where it is, you can escape ganks easily. You force the enemy to farm under his turret and you harass like mad. You can also just rush 2 dorans blades and a Brut for fast damage.

Also Renektons ulti=a heal, you can just spam it out to stay in lane as soon as you hit 6, you dont even have to be fighting and most people wont fight you when its up. And if Yorick is under his turret, he has basically failed and Renekton has won early game, the second Renek has you parked under a turret and can roam your team is screwed.
    I sincerely doubt that you can escape a well-executed gank while you're under the turret. Even slice AND dice would at best get you to the middle of the lane from there. Sure you could probably pop ulti and escape but there goes all of your so-called regen. (It's worth abouts 12.5 HP5 using it on CD)

Also, if you plan on "harassing like mad" you're at best going to get a single combo in before he's just under his turret chilling and regenerating back to full again. This is why harassing in this manner is absolutely pointless because he's just going to tower camp and if anything Yorick can tower camp. It's incredibly easy to lasthit even while under the turret because of his ranged lasthit tool, his two-hits-in-fast-succession and his aoe which could potentially be aimed to lasthit a single target. At best he's going to lose 2 CS per wave and you're going to lose even more than that because you simply won't be able to get under the turret to farm.

The thing is, Yorick doesn't need to win early game. All Yorick needs to be worth it is a good carry to cast ulti on and if shit goes bad he can just get his farm back while you're off roaming, his success is only marginally related to the success of his own lane and mostly related to the success of bot. This is why Yorick is hard to outlane even if you can outlane him, because you either need to kill him several times until your benefit is above his or to ensure that bot also gets outlaned.

And suddenly the great old Lizard Wizard goes off roaming. What's his first visit? Mid. Meanwhile mid chills for a second and just sits in XP range or just walks out of it if he feels scared and overall that trade is won because Renekton accomplishes nothing and gains no XP or gold at all beyond what he can leech from mid.

The funny thing here is that I'm not even trying to call Renekton bad, I'm just saying a well-played Yorick is impossible to win the lane against.

Deleted
    I wanted to say that, but I'm bad at expressing myself! +1 for you Zefie!

15+ Year Old Account
    Zefie is right in every respect. Yorick is my go-to top lane champion and have never been challenged by a Renekton.

The only counters I have come across are Cho'Gath and Trundle.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

The thing is, Yorick doesn't need to win early game
    And Renekton does, so if you force lane, roam and steal enemy jungle you are doing what needs to be done on Renekton. You dont play a freeze lane on Renekton, you just lost the game if you did. If the game isnt over by 30minutes youve probably lost it.

Also pretty much all Im saying I got from reading stuff from 2400 ELO players, you wanna take it up with them sure, but I didnt just randomly decide to play Renek vs Yorick, I read some guides and around on the forums to see what top players used.

Deleted
    And Renekton does, so if you force lane, roam and steal enemy jungle you are doing what needs to be done on Renekton. You dont play a freeze lane on Renekton, you just lost the game if you did. If the game isnt over by 30minutes youve probably lost it.

Also pretty much all Im saying I got from reading stuff from 2400 ELO players, you wanna take it up with them sure, but I didnt just randomly decide to play Renek vs Yorick, I read some guides and around on the forums to see what top players used.
    Yes, but in the post that started this in the first place you claimed that you traded better as in, you did more effective damage in-lane than he did, that has nothing to do with what you're saying now, which is the overall efficiency level.

And if you want to defer to these 2400 players, why are we arguing in the first place? I could probably find a high-ELO player who agrees that Yorick can't be outlaned but I don't have to because I don't feel the need to defer to these players, I feel that if anything, at least my theoretical game knowledge is strong enough that I don't have to.

What about Singed?
    I have seen pro Singed playing against almost everything and winning the lane :O
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's funny, but Teemo is a HARD, HARD counter to Singed.

I bought Teemo a long while ago when Singed was either banned or 1st picked.

I'm not sure what else counters Singed, maybe Irelia?
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Anyone can counter singed during laning for free. full mr page. :P
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Yes, but in the post that started this in the first place you claimed that you traded better as in, you did more effective damage in-lane than he did, that has nothing to do with what you're saying now, which is the overall efficiency level.

And if you want to defer to these 2400 players, why are we arguing in the first place? I could probably find a high-ELO player who agrees that Yorick can't be outlaned but I don't have to because I don't feel the need to defer to these players, I feel that if anything, at least my theoretical game knowledge is strong enough that I don't have to.
    But in a short trade Renekton DOES do more damage, you can drop half Yoricks HP in one set of abilities. If he starts meki pendant he will sit in lane longer, but until he has his tear he short as hell cant kill Renekton or even come close.

Deleted
    But in a short trade Renekton DOES do more damage, you can drop half Yoricks HP in one set of abilities. If he starts meki pendant he will sit in lane longer, but until he has his tear he short as hell cant kill Renekton or even come close.
    Yorick is bad at killing anyone who isn't squishy or bound to lose but stays and fights. AKA people who have no business being in top lane and bad players. Yes, he will sit in lane longer, and the mana gives him the ability to regen a lot of health with his E making trades effectively null. He doesn't have to do more damage, he simply has more regen and is more naturally tanky to the point where trades are effectively neutral or in his favor, depending on who he's facing. (In the case of Renekton I'm willing to say neutral.)

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    It's funny, but Teemo is a HARD, HARD counter to Singed.

I bought Teemo a long while ago when Singed was either banned or 1st picked.

I'm not sure what else counters Singed, maybe Irelia?
    Teemo is ranged, so that's really unfair

Quote Originally Posted by Makoblade View Post
    Anyone can counter singed during laning for free. full mr page. :P
    Most top laners are physical damage dealers, so a full MR page will counter you
    But I see your point in ranked games when you can see what you are going up against.
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Yorick is bad at killing anyone who isn't squishy or bound to lose but stays and fights. AKA people who have no business being in top lane and bad players. Yes, he will sit in lane longer, and the mana gives him the ability to regen a lot of health with his E making trades effectively null. He doesn't have to do more damage, he simply has more regen and is more naturally tanky to the point where trades are effectively neutral or in his favor, depending on who he's facing. (In the case of Renekton I'm willing to say neutral.)
    You said that pretty much perfectly.

He is one of those really hard to lane against champions, and he actualy has a pretty decent lategame (not alot of bruisers scale into lategame so its not like he is an exeption)
    N

So...I was a firm believer that Renekton was useless in this game. Played him a while back and he was very underpowered. Had a crappy lategame, and didn't do enough dmg early game. Crap survivability as well. That was a few months ago. Just gave him a shot tonight...something must have happened, cuz he is a completely different champ in terms of everything I said before. His dmg is ridiculous, great survivability, great sustain. WOW. I think I may have found a new <3.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    So...I was a firm believer that Renekton was useless in this game. Played him a while back and he was very underpowered. Had a crappy lategame, and didn't do enough dmg early game. Crap survivability as well. That was a few months ago. Just gave him a shot tonight...something must have happened, cuz he is a completely different champ in terms of everything I said before. His dmg is ridiculous, great survivability, great sustain. WOW. I think I may have found a new <3.
    You've simply gained a bigger understanding of the game in those months that you haven't played him. About the same thing happened to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    You've simply gained a bigger understanding of the game in those months that you haven't played him. About the same thing happened to me.
    This, pretty much. It's amazing how much some experience helps. I still remember back in my nub days when me and my friends thought Intermediate bots were freaking OP.