Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Which MMORPG are you currently playing?!

Hi, I'm new to these forums and looking to get into an MMO.
    I've been playing WoW since Closed Beta and got tired of it.
    I have tried most MMOs. (Rift, SW:TOR, TERA, FF14, AION, EQ2)
    But looking to play one with an active community.

pretty much every game you listed is what I have tried out as well. Im similarly in the same boat as you as I have too much free time (on disability and just got laid off) and i cant bring myself to play wow outside raiding and battlefield 3 can only be played in like 1 hour periods :P

Aion is still kinda slow as far as the leveling process goes, and now that it's gone free2play the community is still quite disconnected. Star Wars is a little better now that you've gOT access to rated warzones, and the dungeon finder thing. Though I'd suggest looking into only the most populated servers. Harbinger comes to mind for west coast realms, but obviously your location may be different than mine. I know a few people playing TERA and I was in the closed beta, and the story progression was incredibly slow, but everyone I know who's tried it loves the combat system. It feels new and different.

Hope the information helps, good luck finding a new home.

WoW, of course. why would I play anything else when WoW has everything I need?
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Only RIFT.

RIFT, played since launch and at this point every bit as content rich if not more. Leveling is a pain, but endgame is amazing. Still a very active community.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    RIFT, played since launch and at this point every bit as content rich if not more. Leveling is a pain, but endgame is amazing. Still a very active community.
    Are you playing on US servers?
    If so; which server?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW at the moment (only because I have extra game time from the D3 CE.) Been thinking of picking RIFT back up if I can get a few friends to join in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ph3n0m View Post
    Are you playing on US servers?
    If so; which server?
    No but if I was I'd hit any of the following high pop servers: Wolfsbane (PvE), Deepwood (PvE), Faeblight (PvE RP), Greybriar (PvE), Laethys (PvE) or Seastone (PvP).

---------- Post added 2012-07-14 at 08:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Specops View Post
    WoW at the moment (only because I have extra game time from the D3 CE.) Been thinking of picking RIFT back up if I can get a few friends to join in.
    It's on RIFT on sale atm, includes the first month for free

10+ Year Old Account
    None at the moment . Not in the mood for RIFT anymore because I got tired of the grind, and Gw2 is more for me anyway.

Obligatory GW2 comment.

Rift
    SWTOR (free trial thingy)
    Guild Wars
    Firefall beta
    Champions Online
    Aion
    Age of Conan
    City of Heroes
    Star Trek Online
    Fallen Earth
    Everquest 2
    Dungeons and Dragons Online
    APB Reloaded
    Continent of the 9th
    Some assorted other MMOG's

Rift is the one I sink the most time into right now. Don't put a ton of time into any individual game really, kinda jump around here and there.

Rift. And I must say I am thoroughly impressed, I can't believe I bought into the 'how bad rift is' hype. My friend invited me to the 20 levels free thing and I bought it...
    I mean $10 for the game and a month sub is a pretty dam good deal for any game - but one of this quality was a steal.

I'm trying SWTOR since it's now free to play up to level 15. It's a nice game! Mostly just passing time though until GW2.

RIFT is nice too but I haven't played in a while.

Only WoW. As a rule I only pay one subscription for a game at a time, and WoW is definitely the one that brings me the most fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play WoW about 2-4 hours a week now. I'm waiting for Guild Wars 2 and Planetside 2.

Rift. Its quite fun.

Actively playing: WoW, SWTOR and getting back into Eden Eternal.

Occasionally playing on the side: Champions Online and Spiral Knights.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only playing The Secret World. Having some of the most fun I've ever had in an MMO, and it is the first MMO to give me the same warm, gooey feeling that WoW did at its release in 2004.

The Secret World with some Guild Wars on the side.