What do you know about Portugal?

Hi, i have read the topics " what do you know about X country " and i decided to make one about Portugal.

Everyone knows Cristiano Ronaldo and Figo all around the world but i want to know what else do you know about my country.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have!

Deleted
    You hate finns because they dont gibe moni.

It's located on the Iberian peninsula, its capital is Lisbon, they speak Portuguese, and they used to have overseas colonies in South America and Africa. Whelp that's about all I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanani View Post
    You hate finns because they dont gibe moni.

Well, you seem to remember it when we had already forgot about that. If it was the opposite i bet we would help Finland as we did in the past. Anyway, most of us respected your opinion not to help.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's next to Spain and it's capital is Lisbon and there is a Lisbon in Maine.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xlightning View Post
    Well, you seem to remember it when we had already forgot about that. If it was the opposite i bet we would help Finland as we did in the past. Anyway, most of us respected your opinion not to help.
    Thanks for the sardines and mittens, bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Kanani View Post
    Thanks for the sardines and mittens, bro!
    We helped you after World War II.

"In cities and towns and villages of Portugal, farmers, workers, students, parents, and millions of people, many of them not possessing more than just three pieces of clothing, offered themselves their more modest and precious goods, barely withstanding the scarcity that they were able to prescribe as expendable: blankets, coats, heavy jackets and shoes, and bags of wheat and rice grown in the marshlands and lowland rivers of Portugal. Bids were collected by schools and churches of the north and south, and shipped by boat to Helsinki with the prior permission of Nazi Germany and the Allies. In an extraordinary gesture of gratitude, Mr. George Winekelmann, who was at the time the diplomatic representative of Finland in Lisbon (and also in Madrid), published a note on the front page of one of the most prestigious newspapers of Portugal, Diario de Noticias “to thank the Portuguese people the help and assistance provided to Finland in the hardest times of all …”

We are and were a small country and economy but we help everyone / every country with what we can. Too bad you only remember sardines and didn't want to help us back.