Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Sounds somewhat 40k'ish really.
    What's wrong with that though? It is a great franchise ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    More like, copy+pasting it elsewhere and put a invisible-cape on top of it, as the necropolis is still over there, just cant be seen.

Correction, with the Scourge, not the Forsaken.

The Scourge was endless, the Forsaken arent.
    And it wasn't even the Scourge, but Archimonde that ultimately destroyed Dalaran. The Scourge "only" summoned Archimonde on Azeroth.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    What's wrong with that though? It is a great franchise ;P
    Oh nothing, it is indeed! It's a fine example of just how utterly grimdark you can actually make a world, and people still love it. Honestly it's so grim it borders ridiculous - but it's still fantastic. Some of my best memories are from Dark Heresy table-topping.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Trassk, calm down. There hasn't been anything official in regards to this. This is just a community trying to figure things out based on random bits of datamined info. Think of this as nothing more than Tinfoil hat time.
    Whats needing more confirmation, a blue tells us dalaran is no longer neutral.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    I would think Janna and the whole of the kirin tor, including Thrall's horde go and take care of Gorosh...
    ... imo that would still require dalaran to move from northrend, and imo dala could still be in past Northrend as it's in the past, or just have that glyph on the ground as is teleport players, horde and alliance alike to dalaran still no matter where it happens to be.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Hardly a surprise really. Seems like they really want to go back to the days of Warcraft 2, so having Dalaran rejoin the Alliance is one step in that direction. Next up the liberation of Stromgarde, the rebuilding of Alterac and discovery of Kul Tiras....... Could I get some playable Ogres then? Pwetty pwease?

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    A blue said Jaina wouldn't be neutral.

No one ever said anything about Dalaran. It's all based on wild assumptions from datamined beta files.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyssia View Post
    I would think Janna and the whole of the kirin tor, including Thrall's horde go and take care of Gorosh...
    ... imo that would still require dalaran to move from northrend, and imo dala could still be in past Northrend as it's in the past, or just have that glyph on the ground as is teleport players, horde and alliance alike to dalaran still no matter where it happens to be.
    Well using Dalaran as a kind of S.H.I.E.L.D airbase to bomb Garrosh and parachute soldiers from sonuds kinda neat really..... /ponder

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    is she even powerful? what has she done, i don't read the books but i mostly here about what she DOESN'T do which is "get involved in anything".
    i think i did saw her fighting in COT: MOunt HYjal

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    A blue said Jaina wouldn't be neutral.

No one ever said anything about Dalaran. It's all based on wild assumptions from datamined beta files.
    Wild assumptions? Ehm soundfiles of Jaina saying she's the leader of the Kirin Tor - thus leader of Dalaran - aren't really assumptions.

Oh nothing, it is indeed! It's a fine example of just how utterly grimdark you can actually make a world, and people still love it. Honestly it's so grim it borders ridiculous - but it's still fantastic. Some of my best memories are from Dark Heresy table-topping.
    Depending on the species, yes it is extremely dark, but that makes it so interesting seeing how evil one can be and act righteous at the same time.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoef View Post
    i think i did saw her fighting in COT: MOunt HYjal
    Yep, you did.

No they aren't. Gilneas left the Alliance shortly after Warcraft 2 only to rejoin it as the Worgen after the whole incident. Read "Wolfheart", they joined because Malfurion thought it would be a good idea, but Varian protested loudly, calling them traitors and monsters. It wasn't until he went hunting with Genn that he realised that having a few werewolves with tophats around wasn't a bad thing after all.

And no, the Worgen weren't really organized nor did they want to conquer, but they still did invade Duskwood where they caused a lot of havoc, not to mention Arugal and his wolfcult in Northrend.

Not to mention Alpha-Prime wanting to destroy every single Night Elf out there.
    Well, they are part of the Alliance now, that's what I meant. They rejoined in shame after their nation was lost, but they're Alliance now. You said it yourself: it took a while, but Varian sees the value in having the Gilneans besides him now.

And in case you haven't noticed, there is a pretty serious drive to exterminate all the insane Worgen. Just like there's a serious drive to exterminate the Orcs in Redridge, or to hunt down the remnants of the Defias in Westfall. They are all separate groups within their specific races. Alpha-Prime wants to kill all Night Elves? Then he gets hunted down like the rabid dog he is.

But the Gilneans, the civilized Worgen, are with the Alliance. And you can't even begin to make a comparison with the Forsaken. The Gilneans are, if you pardon the pun, the underdogs. They don't have a plan for domination, they don't have a plague that turns people into goo, they haven't plaguebombed any cities yet, they don't turn others into Worgen against their will (although they do drive a hard bargain), they don't create undead monstrosities, they don't blight the land, and they don't associate with known servants of the Scourge (hello, Val'kyr!) and they're not members of a Horde who's been attacking the Alliance left, right and center. The Gilneans want to live their lives, find their cure and get their homes back. The Forsaken already got their homes and now they want everybody else's.

So yeah, I'd say the Alliance has plenty of reason to want the Forsaken erradicated.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Depending on the species, yes it is extremely dark, but that makes it so interesting seeing how evil one can be and act righteous at the same time.
    Exactly, it's refreshing not to have a "true" good faction. I mean everyone is fucked up in 40K, and even if they themselves aren't then their masters are.

10+ Year Old Account
    No they aren't. Gilneas left the Alliance shortly after Warcraft 2 only to rejoin it as the Worgen after the whole incident. Read "Wolfheart", they joined because Malfurion thought it would be a good idea, but Varian protested loudly, calling them traitors and monsters. It wasn't until he went hunting with Genn that he realised that having a few werewolves with tophats around wasn't a bad thing after all.

And no, the Worgen weren't really organized nor did they want to conquer, but they still did invade Duskwood where they caused a lot of havoc, not to mention Arugal and his wolfcult in Northrend.

Not to mention Alpha-Prime wanting to destroy every single Night Elf out there.
    Duskwood Worgen and Arugal's Worgen are not Gilnean Worgen.

Wild assumptions? Ehm soundfiles of Jaina saying she's the leader of the Kirin Tor - thus leader of Dalaran - aren't really assumptions.
    You're right. All things datamined from the Beta MUST be true!

Right Twilight Cultist Grand Magister Rommath?

Also there is NOTHING to say that her being not neutral automatically makes the whole city/faction not neutral.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    Well, they are part of the Alliance now, that's what I meant. They rejoined in shame after their nation was lost, but they're Alliance now. You said it yourself: it took a while, but Varian sees the value in having the Gilneans besides him now.

And in case you haven't noticed, there is a pretty serious drive to exterminate all the insane Worgen. Just like there's a serious drive to exterminate the Orcs in Redridge, or to hunt down the remnants of the Defias in Westfall. They are all separate groups within their specific races. Alpha-Prime wants to kill all Night Elves? Then he gets hunted down like the rabid dog he is.

But the Gilneans, the civilized Worgen, are with the Alliance. And you can't even begin to make a comparison with the Forsaken. The Gilneans are, if you pardon the pun, the underdogs. They don't have a plan for domination, they don't have a plague that turns people into goo, they haven't plaguebombed any cities yet, they don't turn others into Worgen against their will (although they do drive a hard bargain), they don't create undead monstrosities, they don't blight the land, and they don't associate with known servants of the Scourge (hello, Val'kyr!) and they're not members of a Horde who's been attacking the Alliance left, right and center. The Gilneans want to live their lives, find their cure and get their homes back. The Forsaken already got their homes and now they want everybody else's.

So yeah, I'd say the Alliance has plenty of reason to want the Forsaken erradicated.
    Ahh there's the issue. I meant the "pre Worgen Curse cure" Worgen where you mean the post-curse Worgen aka the playable ones. Yes well they are reasonably reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post

Sure they have reasons to eradicate the Forsaken, that was never in doubt. But the Forsaken also have reasons for what they do, they might not be as righteous but they are still there. Every race has done things, which warrant serious action against them the difference is if the opposing faction can actually deliver a painful blow or not.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    You're right. All things datamined from the Beta MUST be true!

Right Twilight Cultist Grand Magister Rommath?

Also there is NOTHING to say that her being not neutral automatically makes the whole city/faction not neutral.
    Ah see Twilight Cultist Grand Magister Rommath (ergh long title) WAS true.... In the beta, then it was taken out. Just like at the moment my statement revolving Jaina is true. However it's likely it will change (though I seriously doubt it, but be that as it may) thus becoming un-true or rather just changed.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really like this idea, but given the amount of work involved to change this in game and how much Blizzard already has on it's plate I seriously doubt we will see it. I am rather cynical as I don't even expect them to fix the damage to Stormwind or the construction in Orgrimmar for quite some time. I really hope I am wrong though.