Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    [quote=eis;17854457

"...it is that, i think, above all else that led to the kirin tor choosing me as rhonin's successor."

maybe i missed something, but where's rhonin going? O.o[/quote]

that's my question!

Quote Originally Posted by Eis View Post
    So uh.. about that video just posted on the front page. http://youtu.be/pnHOzvZ3hS0

"...it is that, I think, above all else that led to the Kirin Tor choosing me as Rhonin's successor."

Maybe I missed something, but WHERE'S RHONIN GOING? o.O
    Considering Christie writes the novel 50 bucks that he is going to die in a freak bathtub accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Eis View Post
    So uh.. about that video just posted on the front page. http://youtu.be/pnHOzvZ3hS0

"...it is that, I think, above all else that led to the Kirin Tor choosing me as Rhonin's successor."

Maybe I missed something, but WHERE'S RHONIN GOING? o.O
    Who knows, maybe he just retires, maybe Jaina is just chosen to be the successor when the time comes. Or maybe... in the book... he DIES!

To all those raving about it:

The Kirin'tor have always been a part of the Alliance. During the invasion of Lordaeron, they were stormed and the eye of dalaran was detonated in the city, destroying it, and chasing all the mages out of the city, ending their involvement with that war.

A few months later, they returned, and erected the barrier that we saw for so many years in WoW. They rebuilt the city.

In order to assault the Lich King, knowing both the Alliance and the Horde would be involved, the agreed to open their walls to the Horde ONLY for the duration of the war against Arthas. Aethas Sunreaver became the Horde "Ambassador" inside the council of six, and founded the Sunreavers, to protect the Horde while they were in Dalaran. Once Arthas was dead, the Sunreavers presumably allowed to stay, so long as they did not assault Alliance members, whereas the Horde were no longer allowed in.

When the sunreavers aided the attack on Theramore, they were presumably discharged from Dalaran, and I wouldn't doubt Aethas was as well, seeing as he was supposed to be overseeing the Sunreavers. As such, the ONLY thing this does:

Gives us the PRESENT idea of Dalaran - BACK to an Alliance town, with the Kirin'tor being led by the council of 6, all of which support the Alliance. (Presuming Aethas is gone, that is.)

The Dalaran is Northrend is IN THE PAST, and has been. It won't change until Northrend is updated. I wouldn't doubt we'll see Dalaran relocate above Theramore or back into their old hole in patch 5.1, 5.2, or 5.3. (With the old Dalaran being left in Northrend, as it's in the past)

The fact of the matter is, from what we can assume by the fact Jaina was appointed leader of the Kirin'tor, she was indeed one of the 2 council of 6 we did not know of. As such, when the Horde declared war and destroyed the town of one of the Council of 6, the other 5 have no choice - they must retaliate for their comrade.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Considering Christie writes the novel 50 bucks that he is going to die in a freak bathtub accident.
    Entirely possible, considering that she started her previous book off by killing one of Knaak's other frequently appearing characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    To all those raving about it:

The Kirin'tor have always been a part of the Alliance. During the invasion of Lordaeron, they were stormed and the eye of dalaran was detonated in the city, destroying it, and chasing all the mages out of the city, ending their involvement with that war.

A few months later, they returned, and erected the barrier that we saw for so many years in WoW. They rebuilt the city.

In order to assault the Lich King, knowing both the Alliance and the Horde would be involved, the agreed to open their walls to the Horde ONLY for the duration of the war against Arthas. Aethas Sunreaver became the Horde "Ambassador" inside the council of six, and founded the Sunreavers, to protect the Horde while they were in Dalaran. Once Arthas was dead, the Sunreavers presumably allowed to stay, so long as they did not assault Alliance members, whereas the Horde were no longer allowed in.

When the sunreavers aided the attack on Theramore, they were presumably discharged from Dalaran, and I wouldn't doubt Aethas was as well, seeing as he was supposed to be overseeing the Sunreavers. As such, the ONLY thing this does:

Gives us the PRESENT idea of Dalaran - BACK to an Alliance town, with the Kirin'tor being led by the council of 6, all of which support the Alliance. (Presuming Aethas is gone, that is.)

The Dalaran is Northrend is IN THE PAST, and has been. It won't change until Northrend is updated. I wouldn't doubt we'll see Dalaran relocate above Theramore or back into their old hole in patch 5.1, 5.2, or 5.3. (With the old Dalaran being left in Northrend, as it's in the past)

The fact of the matter is, from what we can assume by the fact Jaina was appointed leader of the Kirin'tor, she was indeed one of the 2 council of 6 we did not know of. As such, when the Horde declared war and destroyed the town of one of the Council of 6, the other 5 have no choice - they must retaliate for their comrade.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Entirely possible, considering that she started her previous book off by killing one of Knaak's other frequently appearing characters.
    about time somebody got rid of his stupid ass characters

The Kirin Tor won't go back to Alliance. Blizzard would have to revamp way to much of the Northrend quest lines and re-house Horde players somewhere else as a Capital city in Northrend. Won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by maccaruso View Post
    The Kirin Tor won't go back to Alliance. Blizzard would have to revamp way to much of the Northrend quest lines and re-house Horde players somewhere else as a Capital city in Northrend. Won't happen.
    (resists urge to make insulting comment)

Hey...Garadar Garrosh would like a word with you. Oh and by the way, so would Northrend Garrosh.

And TotC Garrosh. And before I forget orgrimmar Garrosh was looking for you. Something about not making you "For the Horde" quota.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

would Blizzard allow Alliance to have a new city and leave the Horde without one? considering they even invented retarded Worgen horses so the QQ stopped because Horde had more mounts than Alliance, this seems a bit kamikaze. The QQ would be insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran may be moved back to the eastern kingdoms, and the argent grounds used as the new "dal". Rhonin may become a new aspect of something like thrall has replaced deathwing most quests and quest givers could be replaced here with some additional cosmetic changes

---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 10:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuchin View Post
    would Blizzard allow Alliance to have a new city and leave the Horde without one? considering they even invented retarded Worgen horses so the QQ stopped because Horde had more mounts than Alliance, this seems a bit kamikaze. The QQ would be insane.
    but we are losing theramore

Several problems with your theory.

1)The mount qq was not about the Horde having more iirc. It was about another Blizzard fuckup with their releasing a boar-like mount for the Worgen then scrubbing it for running wild due to time constraints.

2)Last I checked the Goblins have a their own home city whereas the Worgen have...a tree. In Danrassus.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    Dalaran may be moved back to the eastern kingdoms, and the argent grounds used as the new "dal". Rhonin may become a new aspect of something like thrall has replaced deathwing most quests and quest givers could be replaced here with some additional cosmetic changes

Jaina would put Dalaran smack dab back where Theramore was methinks. No way in hell she'd let Garrosh think destroying her town would give him control of Kalimdor. xD

Also: There are no more Aspects. Thrall was never the Aspect of Earth. His shaman powers simply filled in for it in instances where those powers were necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post

you consider Theramore even remotely similar tu a city like Dalaran? Theramore is the equivalent of our Stonard, a little town with nothing important in it. Giving Alliance Dalaran would be an outrage and destroy the capital city balance.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Several problems with your theory.

1)The mount qq was not about the Horde having more iirc. It was about another Blizzard fuckup with their releasing a boar-like mount for the Worgen then scrubbing it for running wild due to time constraints.

2)Last I checked the Goblins have a their own home city whereas the Worgen have...a tree. In Danrassus.
    Goblins have slums in Orgrimmar, that's hardly a city. It's the same thing Worgens have, albeit a bit nicer.
    Last edited by Yakuchin; 2012-08-05 at 09:45 PM.

you consider Theramore even remotely similar tu a city like Dalaran? Theramore is the equivalent of our Stonard, a little town with nothing important in it. Giving Alliance Dalaran would be an outrage and destroy the capital city balance.
    Bilgewater - Tree in Darnassus.

I think we're good if we were to get Dalaran, thank you very much.

Deleted
    i freaking dont hope they will turn her just a another alliance who turns 100% neutral, if they do so, fucking horribel writting from blizzard,

For she do have a reason to be mad, lore wise, Theramore is a damn big city. But ofc, as we all know, she will just be neural, staying in the flying city of dalaran, because it does not matter when everything you love have been killed, as long your a alliance charcter

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Bilgewater - Tree in Darnassus.

I think we're good if we were to get Dalaran, thank you very much.
    please tell me how to get to "Bilgewater" so I can visit. As far as I'm concerned, the goblins have a little district in Orgrimmar and that's it.

Theramore had every class trainer, mount trainers, guards you could ask for directions, personal banks, guild banks, a portal, a faction leader, and ships. All it was missing was an auction house and trade chat. You could bring back dalaran, but remove trade chat, the auction house, and any unique vendors.

As long as they make dalaran a useless city like bildgewater harbor or theramore, then I don't think anyone will complain. It will actually even things out between the horde and the alliance.

please tell me how to get to "Bilgewater" so I can visit. As far as I'm concerned, the goblins have a little district in Orgrimmar and that's it.
    Someone's never been to the middle of the "Horde Symbol" in Azshara, I see.

Goblins have slums in Orgrimmar, that's hardly a city. It's the same thing Worgens have, albeit a bit nicer.
    Who says it has to even appear in the present in game. All they have to do is put a few kirin tor mages fighting under the banner of the alliance and that's it. They can leave Dalaran in northrend since WOTLK takes place in the past. I'm of the opinion that Northrend and outland should never be updated but kalimdor and eastern kingdoms need to be. Let's face it... wrath of the Lich king without a lich king would suck donkey balls.