Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    the monk rotation is ultra fast and ultra boring.. it's like if they took Wotlk DK's speed and gave them the current frost rotation.
    That's awesome IMO......its boring ...for you not for everyone.

so you have MORE cooldowns/buttons that require intelligent timing instead of just having them all the time.. and you think there's less skill required now?

Yeah, changing totems to provide some commonf buff that everyone got already was so enjoyable.

I'm kinda like the OP I prefer focusing on constant throughput rather than when to use CD's, In pvp its easier to know when to use CD's I find than it is in pve, just an opinion but i just kinda go like dafuq, should i use this now or is it too late and is it wasted now, I'm just outta pve practice but like that, I'd prefer to be rewarded for a solid, tight rotation than CD management but I do think cd management requires more skill at the end of the day.

On topic I guess, I dont really get phased by xpac changes anymore, it used to annoy the hell outta me since I feel like changes just make things worse(not terribly) but i much preferred when healers had stronger niches and you picked a healer based on what type of healing you wanted to do, now it just feels like paladins have retained that niche the most and every other healer is somewhat the same, heres some AOE, heres a big/slow and fast/medium direct heals, heres some hots, theres not really any class defining healing going on anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    So I been in Beta for awhile but not actually played until recently.

First thing I did was create a Panda monk (of course LOL). I got up to 18 thinking WOW. This is freakin awesome. melee healing, powerful spells. I found a new Main..

Yesterday though I created a premade 85 Monk. After getting situated I was absolutely floored by the amount of Cooldown abilites they had. Offhand there was almost a complete bar of cooldowns. I was like wow. Not sure about this. Ill admit I am not a big fan of cooldowns.....

So then I copy of one of my 2 Resto Shamans. Uniqueness just went out the window. Healing is still basically the same but totems have been SEVERELY scaled back. While I admit dropping totems was somewhat cumbersome, I enjoyed changing my support style. Caster Heavy? Spell Haste. Need more Defense? Gotcha covered. Need more Damage instead? Here ya go. All that is gone. Only thing I'm holding on to the shamans now is thier healing style which I do enjoy immensely. But most of the totems you have are cooldowns (theres that bad word again). Want Healing Stream? Sorry still got 15 secs left before I can drop it.... Chain Heal grpahic glyph is freakin sweet though

The Resto Druid changes are very nice. I started 7 yrs ago with a Druid and shelved him during Cata cause I just couldnt get into the healing changes of the Druid. While SOME of it persists it's not as hectic in MoP (LB is 15 secs now and transfers all stacks to a new target). I can see myself bringing the druid back into play as my main.

I was pumped on leveling my classes but now I've lost some of the energy. Mainly on my Shamans. Im sure I'll still enjoy the healing but I think my "skill" just went out the window a bit.
    But here's the thing about any class, if you make a premade and you don't know the structure of the class specifics upfront, it will look like so many shit attacking you. We all will start from level 11, thank God, and learn all the cool stuff.
    "A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song. -Lou Holtz"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    the monk rotation is ultra fast and ultra boring.. it's like if they took Wotlk DK's speed and gave them the current frost rotation.
    Yea I feel the same. I'm not sure how they managed to make a light-speed rotation feel so plain and uninteresting, but they did. I really don't like the 2-resource system either. Maybe I'll feel differently when I have all of my addons working properly on live to better track Chi/Energy.

The MoP arms warrior rotation feels so absolutely terrible compared to any of the times arms was viable in the past it makes me sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I'm excited about leveling a Monk. I haven't played Beta though so I'm not sure what I'm in for. I had the same enthusiasm for Death Knights and frost dk is still my favorite class/spec to play in the game. I have high hopes for the Monk and hopefully Blizzard won't nerf them into the ground after 3 months like the DKs.

Other than the Monk, I really don't want to level anyone else to 90 but I know I need my Professions. Uggggggh.