Deleted

Combat mechanics testing BWE3

Here are some results from the testing I have been doing today. Since I play an elementalist, that will be my focus. if anyone has interesting information for other professions, feel free to add it.

1. Generic info

• Trait damage modifers are multiplicative, not additive. So stacking multiple ones can result in really good damage.
    • Mainly a confirmation, but trait damage modifiers doesn't work on condition damage.

2. Elementalist healing (focused on staff as that is the main support weapon)

Most of these were already known. I am simply adding Soothing Mist and Blast combo numbers and confirming old values. These are level 80 values, and H=Healing Power.

• Geyser: 2x808+0.25*H
    • Regeneration: 130+0.125*H (per second)
    • Water Blast: 370+0.1*H
    • Blast Combo, Water: 1960+0.1*H
    • Soothing Mist (trait): 80+0.05*H

This simply confirms that the primary elementalist support trait line is Arcane, not Water. Boon duration and Attunement cd reduction are both extremely important for support elementalists. Compassion is mainly useful for boosting Regeneration. It will in my opinion generally not be worth stacking as an elementalist.

3. Minor traits
    • Soothing Mist : Resets to 9s every few second while in water attunement, so will linger after switching, but also doesn't trigger immediately upon entering water.
    • Sunspot: About 60% of a fireball in damage.
    • Electric Discharge: About the same damage as chain lightning, but only to a single target.
    • Weak spot: 5s vulnerability

4. Traits and Combos

Most of the below are about the duration of boons and conditions. In most cases it is fairly easy to see the exact values, but in a few cases it is a bit difficult.

• Blast Combo, Fire: 3xMight 20s
    • Blast Combo Lightning: Swiftness 10s (nerf from last BWE)

• Spell Slinger: 3xMight 15s
    • Pyromancer's Puissance: 1xMight 5s
    • Burning Precision: Very short duration. Looks to be 1-2s
    • Soothing Winds: Includes your 916 base precision.
    • Zeyphyr's Boon: Fury 5s, Swiftness 5s
    • Inscription: Regen 10s, Swiftness 10s, Protection 3s, 1xMight 20s (hence, doubles effects on glyph of harmony). Traits doesn't effect elites.
    • Rock's Fortitude: Stability 2s (seriously not worth it for a 30point trait)
    • Obsidian Focus: 170 toughness while channeling (Does work with Arc Lightning)
    • Soothing Disruption: Vigor 10s, Regeneration 10s
    • Shard of Ice: 3xVulnerability 8s
    • Vital Striking: +10% damage
    • Renewing Stamina: Vigor 5s
    • Vigorous Scepter: Without trait 20s. With trait 14s. With vigor 10s. Vigor overrides (doesn't stack with) the trait.
    • Elemental Attunement: Regen 5s, Swiftness 5s, Protection 5s, 1xMight 15s
    • Arcane Power: Each damage tick eats one charge.

5. Bugs
    • Mist Form doesn't seem to work with any trait. (Spell Slinger, Soothing Disrutption, Icy most or Soothing Wave)
    • Stone Flesh seems to be active even if not traited.
    • Evasive Arcane doesn't seem to work.
    • Lingering Attunements seems to do nothing useful except keep the attunement message for 5s after switching attunement.

Tooltip errors

• Arcane Wave: Does similar damage to Arcane Blast but the tooltip value listed is far higher
    • Stoning: The tooltip says 1s weakness, but it actually adds more than that.
    Last edited by mmoc3187f3b1eb; 2012-07-21 at 07:08 AM.

Have you posted this on the official forum? Probably more elementalist to see it there.

Something small to add to the bugs list, but the tooltip for Arcane Wave is bugged at the moment, displaying roughly 2x the amount of the amount of damage it actually does (mines hitting for ~250, the tooltip shows the damage at ~560).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Have you posted this on the official forum? Probably more elementalist to see it there.
    I have already reported the bugs in game. As most of this is not feedback, it doesn't really belong on the beta forums.

This is more of information for players as the tooltips in game are lacking and doesn't contain this information. When I have more time, I'll probably add it to the wiki. (or someone else can if they want too).

Quote Originally Posted by Wildclaw View Post
    I have already reported the bugs in game. As most of this is not feedback, it doesn't really belong on the beta forums.

This is more of information for players as the tooltips in game are lacking and doesn't contain this information. When I have more time, I'll probably add it to the wiki. (or someone else can if they want too).
    Exactly that why I asked if you posted it on the official forums. Its way bigger than this forum.