10+ Year Old Account
    Can't you make a macro that removes the buff on a second press?

I have
    /cancelaura hand of protection
    in my CS macro ~

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    It is very easy to soak every annihilate with regular CDs anyways. You would not be able to dps if you boped yourself.
    You can still use consecration and holy wrath though :O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    You can still use consecration and holy wrath though :O
    Not to mention Holy Prism and Harsh Words

Personally going for : http://i.imgur.com/oVfqzS1.png?1
    2nd amp should give ~5% extra haste and at any point i'll be able to switch some of the crit gems (in white borders) to haste gems || exp gems.

I actually have all the haste/crit H WF items but stopped using them after T16 4 set DP + Word of Glory glyph and getting 30-50% uptime depending on rng felt. I have gotten some of the best ranks just using that. Not sure I really would gain dps let alone quality of life play style T16 brings only gaining 10% more crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    I actually have all the haste/crit H WF items but stopped using them after T16 4 set DP + Word of Glory glyph and getting 30-50% uptime depending on rng felt. I have gotten some of the best ranks just using that. Not sure I really would gain dps let alone quality of life play style T16 brings only gaining 10% more crit.
    I wouldn't unless i'm running double amp. But with 2 of them buffing crit multipliers, it's sort of hard to resist.

I just like the cd reduction trinket too much to try out something else atm - though I finally got the Wolfrider boots (and dem warforged :O)

Random rant: P1 Garrosh adds are so annoying on heroic - randomly running around killing people.

H WF boots AND a spoils ring how dare you!

We've never seen spoils ring on normal or heroic this whole tier and ive coined for it every week

I also have 3 heroic thok's (while the fury warri in my raid is still running the flex version).
    But then we've only had 1 conqueror leg and 0 garrosh tokens so far >_> (which means I can't use the h:wf shoulders)

We are about to start heroic paragons progress on sunday so therefore I got a question about the Rikkal buff. What class out of monk and paladin(both tanks) are best suited to take the buff?

I am asuming Avenging Wrath works if poped before scorpion so it feels like the paladin should be able to do the most dmg with the buff?
    My 10 man 2 nights 6 hours a week raiding guild at 7/7M + 3/3M + 5/10M
    www.avalerion.euo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zambal View Post
    We are about to start heroic paragons progress on sunday so therefore I got a question about the Rikkal buff. What class out of monk and paladin(both tanks) are best suited to take the buff?

I am asuming Avenging Wrath works if poped before scorpion so it feels like the paladin should be able to do the most dmg with the buff?
    I've done it on both my warrior and Paladin(this one being my main) on both 10 and 25 and found it rather easy. On main it was because the other tank was a DK (or brewmaster depending on the night) and I was the better choice - on the alt it was simply because I'd rather have the responsibility myself. But out of the classes I've played/seen I'd say Warrior/Paladin>Druid>Brewmaster----->DK.

For Scorpion it depends on who's tanking what - on farm our DK this week popped it with 700k vengeance (and jumped 100k+ dps) from tanking locust at the end with 20 stacks. that's not something you often see on progress where I would give it to whoever can get the most uses without having to tank something nasty.

Don't forget paladins can bubble/HoP all the boss debuffs. Means you can swap on windreaver/locust so whoever has CDs can take locust.

Deleted
    Hello everyone ! I'm new here and i have a question about malkorok 10 hc. Is it possible to solo tank him in phase 1? We are currently swaping at 15 stacks and i'm solo soaking but that too easy and boring :\ So I was wondering if there is something that can make the fight interesting for tanks.Also i want to do as much damage as possible and using this strategy i don't have much vengeance.The only time when my vengeance is high is after the blood rage,but that is only once per fight...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daryn View Post
    Hello everyone ! I'm new here and i have a question about malkorok 10 hc. Is it possible to solo tank him in phase 1? We are currently swaping at 15 stacks and i'm solo soaking but that too easy and boring :\ So I was wondering if there is something that can make the fight interesting for tanks.Also i want to do as much damage as possible and using this strategy i don't have much vengeance.The only time when my vengeance is high is after the blood rage,but that is only once per fight...
    Soloing will be 'impossible'. I personally have the number 1 rank for prot paladins on 10man from when my guildies asked me how much dmg I could do back before we went 25. What I did was push for as many stacks as I could without using any of my CDs - which is roughly 30-35 stacks and then I'd reset and make sure I had +/- 10 stacks up in bloodrage (don't solo it, need both tanks in it) this would ensure I vengeance capped (rallying cry ftw). And then just keep tanking the rest of p2 until he dies (shouldn't be long).

I'm sure you can find other ways to push higher. This was a lets-go-and-see-what-happens pull that was 'succesful' (lost 3 players so p2 lasted a bit too long) and since I never use ES normally I only used about half the ES I could've etc.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi guys, we are currently working on IJ HC, and that thing hits hard.
    Currently me and my co-tank are swapping at 3 stacks and soaking mines when not actively tanking. I currently use bubble to soak them in P2 and only use AD or SoTR for P1. Is this the right way ? What rotation do you guys use ?
    Also any advice to help healers are appreciated (I use EF at high vengeance on me and my co-tank or others when they are low). LH or Prism ? I tried both but I'm not sure which one perform better. I use DP on CD (it seems to match almost all flame vent this way) but maybe you can give me a better timing.
    I wonder if I do things wrong or if the damages are just abnormally high by nature.
    Thanks for your input !
    Moussaka - Paladin Protection
    Ragedoll -Warrior Protection
    Quote Originally Posted by Velkhan View Post
    Those warriors... blizzard should rename "shout" spells to "cry" they are so good at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey everyone, i have a quick question. My guild is looking for more tanks, im currently speced ret and would like to help out. Would it be possible wth my current ret gear to turn it into a tank set ( i need to get a WEP/SHEILD first)? I would only be tanking LFR/flex.
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kadin/advanced

Thanks in advance for any replies,

Wrak

Edit: I have not re gemmed or enchanted anything yet, i want to know if it would be viable to change now before I change
    Edit: I also have access to Lao-Chin's Liquid Courage
    Last edited by Wrak; 2014-01-27 at 03:42 PM. Reason: info

Deleted
    @Moussaka: Make the first tankswap at 2 stacks and then at 3 stacks. So you dont have the mines spawning in the moment of the 3rd stack. You should time your shotr around the flame vents, as the 3rd stack together with a non-mitigated meleehit witll definitely rape you.
    As we raid 25, i always take 2 mines and call 1 mine to be taken by the raid. you can reduce the mine damage you take by shotr and instant EF yourself while flying. Maybe it's possible to bubble/bop 1-2 mines each cicle and forego the knockup.
    I would always recommend HoPrism, as you dont have enough ppl stacked for LH.

For P2 you should try to jump onto a mine before the knockback. Try speed of light or LAotL. Make sure to use judgement/CS on the mines to get HoPo for shotr. Use AMs and tell your raidmembers to not spread too far (but still stay losely spread), as the mines will always spawn at player locations.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I was aware that you can take 2 mines at the same time if clicking rapidly when they are close enough, but I didn't try to actually hit them with abilities, if this works like you said, then I can keep my cds for "oh shit" moments and just use SoTR.
    As we raid 10, it's always better to do them all, so dps/healers can keep their cds for p2, where we are struggling to keep people alive at the moment.
    Thanks for the advice !

@Wrak
    It will be enough to tank said contents. For reference, I started normal SoO at ~535.
    As for trinkets, maybe try to change Skeer for Thok's Tail Tip or even Spark of Zandalar (ToT==> Horridon). Imo Lao's Chin could be interesting in the meantime.
    Moussaka - Paladin Protection
    Ragedoll -Warrior Protection
    Quote Originally Posted by Velkhan View Post
    Those warriors... blizzard should rename "shout" spells to "cry" they are so good at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ Moussaka
    Thanks for the info.

Afaik IJ mines are immune to dmg (can't get HoP off them), don't remember if you can sotr, but if so just pre-bank 5, and after the first mine judgement the boss.
    (Or just pop DS/BoP and pop as many of em as you can in 8-10 sec)

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Afaik IJ mines are immune to dmg (can't get HoP off them), don't remember if you can sotr, but if so just pre-bank 5, and after the first mine judgement the boss.
    Judgement on boss for speed boost and HoPo.
    Shor on mines does activate the mitigation.