Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Depends on the games, Mario galaxy 1 and 2 looked incredible. Could compare to current gen.
    Those did look great, the only problem are those jagged edges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    I was being a little more facetious than I should've been
    I was hoping that was the case, but you never know anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Those did look great, the only problem are those jagged edges.

I was hoping that was the case, but you never know anymore.
    Wii U trys to upscale wii games. Personally it makes them look worse

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    As I said, it was completely on topic, couldnt explain it any clearer. You should keep your personal thoughts out of moderation. You need not have replied in the first place. My last post was also completely on topic, if you want a discussion with me then perhaps rather than you yourself being just as bad spamming the thread with off topic warnings you could contact me in PM.

Lastly on topic. The PC is not a console, but a console is a computer, some cases using off the shelf parts or parts based on off the shelf parts, the Wii U is one such unit. Someone said the arguement about graphics is silly? What arguement about graphics? There was no arguement.

There was a discussion, that graphics are part of the reason for me not wanting to buy the console, as to the thread title.
    please move this to a PM and not in the middle of the topic.

God, no. I may eventually buy it, but it won't be my first choice. I learned my lesson from the Wii, with its PS1-generation graphics and literally two exclusive games people would want to play. Even if the Xbox-Whatever dies each year, it'll still be above a console no one wants to play.
    you dont like it but you might eventually get it lol ... why would anyone buy something they apparently hate or is it still worth it due to "literally two exclusive games". lol.

I was being a little more facetious than I should've been, but my point still remains: Wii games looked liked something you should've been playing four years ago. And while that isn't the basis for a good game, dealing with its "intuitive" controls that only worked properly with bowling didn't help the matter.
    this could be said about pc gaming.. if all that mattered was the how games looked everyone would be playing on the pc.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2012-11-25 at 02:04 PM.

Deleted
    I don't know why would I buy it. Too big to be carried around and phone + tablets cover for it well enough. Then again it's kinda pointless in home use as PC and consoles are just more enjoyable than a small handconsole.

Maybe not sure,

but since its a interactive console, I won't be surprised to find one under the x mas tree when I get home my family is a unit of three, but we have 2 friends up, 1 distant uncle, and a few other people drop by, some even from the otherside of the country on boxing day, and theres nothing more we love than on x mas afternoon boxing day, is having a few drinks and going on the wii sport and nothing else, boxing and bowling, the loser normally has some sort of forfit, which involves a shot of something like brandy star jumps and press ups, now my mother being slighty over weight, you can guess who gets the forfit every year,

but then the console goes away until next year unless people randomly turn up, although this xmas just been, we got the kinect out instead, but were like its not the samw
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    I don't know why would I buy it. Too big to be carried around and phone + tablets cover for it well enough. Then again it's kinda pointless in home use as PC and consoles are just more enjoyable than a small handconsole.
    you know this is a wii u and not a 3ds thread dont you.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Exactly this, and it seems as though people tend to forget this.
    people are also forgetting that at last years e3 reggie said that nintendo required all developers to make launch games in 720p instead of 1080p so that they can get them out asap.

the wiiu can support games in 1080p at 60fps with one controller (two gamepads half the framerate incase someone didnt know) something the ps3 and xbox arent even capable of at the peak of performance
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the wiiu can support games in 1080p at 60fps with one controller (two gamepads half the framerate incase someone didnt know) something the ps3 and xbox arent even capable of at the peak of performance
    Silly much? Both PS3 and Xbox360 can support 1080p with 60 FPS but the games developers make are too demanding on the hardware to achieve that. It will be just the same for Wii U at some point, if it isn't yet.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Silly much? Both PS3 and Xbox360 can support 1080p with 60 FPS but the games developers make are too demanding on the hardware to achieve that. It will be just the same for Wii U at some point, if it isn't yet.
    no the xbox and ps3 can only play games in 720p
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, PS3 and 360 games haven't run at true 1080p in about 5 years, if ever. They are lucky to hit 720p these days. The resolutions are heavily modified to remain at a consistent frame rate, most games are running at 540p or some other strange resolution in order to keep up with PC gaming, and sadly PC gaming is being held back visually because of it.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2012-11-25 at 05:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not think so. Got a computer ^.^

yes i am. only place you can get Zelda and mario games. I'll probably get the next-gen xbox when it comes out too, unless they really screw it up or overprice it like sony did with the ps3

Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    yes i am. only place you can get Zelda and mario games. I'll probably get the next-gen xbox when it comes out too, unless they really screw it up or overprice it like sony did with the ps3
    i hope microsoft doesnt try to go all out powerwise with the next xbox if they stick to their plans of having kinect 2.0 prebuilt into every new xbox then its gonna be pretty pricey if they really beef up the power

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    you dont like it but you might eventually get it lol ... why would anyone buy something they apparently hate or is it still worth it due to "literally two exclusive games". lol.
    Because I can. I usually get each console every generation for exclusives unless the system totally blows. Never got the Virtual Boy. Never got the Jaguar. Saw those disasters coming a mile away. I had the same feeling with the Wii, but went against my better judgment and only ever played Mario Kart or Super Smash Bros. as party games. It has otherwise sat untouched, since its gimpy controls plague almost every other game, and I don't see how adding an extra screen is going to fix anything with the Wii U. So, yeah, I may get it if there's enough reason to when it comes to exclusives, but I'm not holding my breath on this one.

this could be said about pc gaming.. if all that mattered was the how games looked everyone would be playing on the pc.
    The difference is, the 360 and PS3 may look half a generation older than PC games, but the Wii looks at least a generation older than them. There's a cutoff point to where I'm going to accept bad graphics from brand new systems, and Nintendo found it. However, my main gripe isn't with the generally terrible graphics (some of the games actually look really nice, which bothers me because that just tells me the developers of everything else are slacking so they can hurl more shovelware down our throats every three months), but with the controls that you're forced to deal with in almost every game. They ruined a perfectly serviceable (almost) Zelda game with that crap. The only thing it works properly for 100% of the time is bowling, and there's only so much rolling a virtual ball down a lane I can take before I call it quits on the idea as a whole.

but with the controls that you're forced to deal with in almost every game. They ruined a perfectly serviceable (almost) Zelda game with that crap. The only thing it works properly for 100% of the time is bowling, and there's only so much rolling a virtual ball down a lane I can take before I call it quits on the idea as a whole.
    are you talking about twilight princess or skyward sword?

because twilight princess was really a gamecube game the wii version was a last minute port in order to get some buzz around the wii.

as for skyward sword it had a few problems (too linear, worlds shouldve been more connected, lack of content in the skyworld) the controls certainly werent one of them in fact id say skyward sword had the best controls of any other zelda game and is my favorite out of the whole series

people are also forgetting that at last years e3 reggie said that nintendo required all developers to make launch games in 720p instead of 1080p so that they can get them out asap.

The Wii U only supports 1 gamepad per console.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    The Wii U only supports 1 gamepad per console.
    no, it supports 2 but you cant buy another yet and no games will feature 2 anytime soon.

no, it supports 2 but you cant buy another yet and no games will feature 2 anytime soon.
    makes sense to since they cost so much i doubt most people will need another one anyways

no the xbox and ps3 can only play games in 720p
    No, PS3 and 360 games haven't run at true 1080p in about 5 years, if ever. They are lucky to hit 720p these days. The resolutions are heavily modified to remain at a consistent frame rate, most games are running at 540p or some other strange resolution in order to keep up with PC gaming, and sadly PC gaming is being held back visually because of it.
    Can you people please stop being wrong, it's rather tiresome trying to correct all of you at once.

http://wikibin.org/articles/list-of-...ps3-games.html

There is similiar list for Xbox somewhere. Both of the consoles supports full 1080p. The reason most games are not run in it are same reason why some console games have down to 45 FoV. They sacrifice resolution and field of view for more goodies which remains the sole reason modern console games don't look absolute shit.

Doesn't make them less capable of the resolution though. And if for example PS3 wasn't capable of 1080p output, why would anyone use it as Bluray player? Brains, please get some.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Can you people please stop being wrong, it's rather tiresome trying to correct all of you at once.

http://wikibin.org/articles/list-of-...ps3-games.html

There is similiar list for Xbox somewhere. Both of the consoles supports full 1080p. The reason most games are not run in it are same reason why some console games have down to 45 FoV. They sacrifice resolution and field of view for more goodies which remains the sole reason modern console games don't look absolute shit.

Doesn't make them less capable of the resolution though. And if for example PS3 wasn't capable of 1080p output, why would anyone use it as Bluray player? Brains, please get some.
    the games that support 1080p arent actually in 1080p only the cutscenes are. the xbox and ps3 arent capable of 1080p gameplay