Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Collision detection

So my question to those of you who have played the beta is if there is a collision detection in pvp or if you can just run through enemys, i realy hope there is one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drigoly View Post
    So my question to those of you who have played the beta is if there is a collision detection in pvp or if you can just run through enemys, i realy hope there is one
    I'm pretty sure that in PvP there is collision detection.

You can run through enemies and friendlies. However, you can not run through your currently targeted enemy. I can't remember if it's the same in PvE though, but I know for sure that in PvP you can not run through your targeted enemy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    You can run through enemies and friendlies. However, you can not run through your currently targeted enemy. I can't remember if it's the same in PvE though, but I know for sure that in PvP you can not through your targeted enemy.
    Really? Oh I was under the impression you couldn't run through enemies. That kinda sucks. =o

10+ Year Old Account
    It seemed like there was collision detection ONLY with the player I was targeting. Maybe even only targeted enemies. Definitely encountered this in PvE, and I actually found it to be immensely useful. No more accidentally standing in the center of a mob and wondering if I'm facing the right way.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can still dodge through your target despite collision. Good to know.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Yeah, collision detection was a bit lacking, IMO. I thought it was decent in GW1, but I guess they wanted something different.

I wasn't aware of any collision detection between players in PvP. I know people could walk in front of a spell you cast n some1 else and eat it but I guess I never actually tried to walk through somebody. Even if the effect is slight that's still a good bit of information to know.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Yeah, collision detection was a bit lacking, IMO. I thought it was decent in GW1, but I guess they wanted something different.
    Might have had to do with WvW. Its one thing to handle colision with 15 targets at a time. There's alot more to deal with when its a hundred or more at a time. Then agian it sure would have been nice to use a wall of bodies to prevent reinforcements from sneaking through the teleporter at keeps.

Who is John Galt?

So you as a melee while having a guy targeted can stab some face while constantly running into him and then detarget and dodge right through? That's sounds really broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerom View Post
    So you as a melee while having a guy targeted can stab some face while constantly running into him and then detarget and dodge right through? That's sounds really broken.
    No. Skills which move you a set distance will ignore the collision of your target. Dodge falls into this category.

It's like playing Fizz all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerom View Post
    Broken compared to what exactly?

Presumably from games with full collision detection.

Deleted
    You can't run through currently targeted enemy? So if it's a giant dragon of some sort, can I climb on its head?

There is no body collision, but there is projectile collision ! And it's great !
    For exemple, you can literally intercept an arrow (or firebolt) that was for somebody else

That's enough for me.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Projectile

Quote Originally Posted by Warex View Post
    There is no body collision, but there is projectile collision ! And it's great !
    For exemple, you can literally intercept an arrow (or firebolt) that was for somebody else

That's enough for me.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Projectile
    True. If enemy targets you, you can hide behind friendly player and he will intercept all ranged attacks against you.
    Btw, player-to-player collision:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCEMrTWL8gk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    Really? Oh I was under the impression you couldn't run through enemies. That kinda sucks. =o
    Body blocking could become a bit of a problem in WvW keeps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Body blocking could become a bit of a problem in WvW keeps
    not to mention world events...could melee all please take turns attacking the boss, thanks......

I for one am glad theres no collision detection with the exception of target.

Now i'm kinda disapointed by this, there is a whole level of skill which will get lost by no collision detection in pvp, you just cant hide behind a heavy armored buddy if the enemy just can run through him and hit you.