Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I said I can handle it and then explained why I think it is a pain in the ass. During my time in the military, I steered a twelve ton APC, and given that the thing handles like a limping whale, it was a pain in the ass to do it...doesn't mean I can't manage to. Do you understand that simple difference?

My "hostility" as you call it, stems from your reactions like the one just described. People explain something to you, then you quote them, and go on writing as if they said the complete opposite thing...you do that in almost every post, and it's annoying. You don't understand the meaning of different points of view, you can't manage presented evidence, and if you are PROVEN wrong, then all of a sudden your statement is simply an opinion which therefore can't be wrong.

Oh, and on top of it all, you now stomp your feet and head out the door with your tail between your legs, insulting me. Yeah, thats really mature. Goodbye as well, maybe you will someday get it.

I don't know why you are arguing with the guy who said Sub is a pain in the ass. It is. I have every class at 85 and it's probably the tightest rotation of any PVE spec in the game right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    I don't know why you are arguing with the guy who said Sub is a pain in the ass. It is. I have every class at 85 and it's probably the tightest rotation of any PVE spec in the game right now.
    I wasn't arguing with him - I like that it's a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    I wasn't arguing with him - I like that it's a pain in the ass.
    Exactly. If you want to do competitive DPS and be able to pay attention to the TV or the girlfriend at the same time, play combat.

If you actually enjoy having no tendinitis on your hand, try assassination.

If you want a challenge that is actually well-rewarded with top DPS, then go subtlety!

Just because people find sub hard, doesn't mean it should be simplified. Reducing it to 3 finishers will make it the same as assass or rupture-combat, and that is something that will eventually strike you as dull.

It's enough that blizz nerfs raids cause they're hard, at least let us enjoy our hard and challenging rotations.

Just to finish: sub is not a pain in the ass, it just takes some time to get used to it, AND it's not praticeable on a dummy: being in a raid environment hugely impacts your HAT procs, and therefore decreases the amount of needed clicks.

Deleted
    I don't get this mocking of people that have different taste/preference. Some can play Subtetly just fine but simply don't enjoy it. You do, thats great, but it doesn't make you something more or better.

I think it's kinda dull to repeat all over again how boring and easy Combat is. It works differently - easy to lear, hard to master, plenty of room for utility. You don't like it? Fine, go play Subtetly! But I see no reason to insult others and make fun of a spec that just you personally don't like.

By this post, I don't defend Blizzard's decision to bring Subtetly closer to the other two spec. I think it was great when we actually had more choices because, once again, different people have different tastes.

For the record, I played all three specs (actually, it's more like 5 of them when you count stuff like Legendary Hemo or Spine burst) and I think I can play all of them good enough - I guess, those bosses were dying, so... But I still enjoy some of them more than the others. And let me take the opportunity to complain once more about the one single element that makes Assassination and possibly MoP-Subtetly incredibly annoying for me - "A more powerful spell is already active"-Rupture, grrrrr.
    Last edited by mmocd4c3cb2719; 2012-08-02 at 08:19 PM.

Most of people hit the nail on the head in this thread, but Combat quite frankly, looks much more promising in MoP than assassination at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    I see no reason to insult others and make fun of a spec that just you personally don't like.
    Did I make fun of anything? I only hinted that combat is whack-a-button, and everyone agrees on that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naifas View Post
    Did I make fun of anything? I only hinted that combat is whack-a-button, and everyone agrees on that.
    It's the arcane mage of melee specs and always has been.

On live we have Combat (easy) Assassin (about the same as other dps) and Sub (john ****ing madden)

Now this will become Combat (easy) Assassin (about the same as other dps) and Sub (pretty easy but with awkward dot mechanic attached.)

I'll be going assassin, fwiw. Dispatch at least means you have something to pay attention to.