View Poll Results: How do you think your nation is doing this Olympics?

Voters
251. This poll is closed
  • Fantastic!

79 31.47%
  • Better than I expected

21 8.37%
  • About what I expected

78 31.08%
  • Worse than I expected

24 9.56%
  • Terrible!

19 7.57%
  • I'm not watching the Olympics

30 11.95%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm italian, i voted "About what I expected", Italy is doing fine so far. (too bad the lack of medals from the swim).

Deleted
    I'm British, I voted for "Fantastic!".

I don't honestly care how many medals we win, the elation and pain on the faces of those that have won and lost shows how much it means to every single athlete at the Games representing their country. Makes me incredibly proud to be British watching these people do what they do, and how much it means to them. This was their moment and they've all done themselves proud!

Deleted
    As an Austrian I can say any Medal is better than expected

10+ Year Old Account
    Austria has got no single medal so far, so not really good. Not that we are that big of a summer olympics nation, but we got a few athletes that usually are quite good (Markus Rogan in Swimming got 2 silver medals in the 2004 olympics and we got 1 silver and 2 bronze in 2008). But then again, we are a very small country, so it'd be cocky to expect too much.

Oh well, maybe the next winter olympics. Ski jumping and alpine skiing suits us more.

Canadian here, we're doing about the same as always, lots of bronze and no gold. We have a history of having a decent medal total but no gold at all, so I wouldn't be surprised if that happened again in London.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    USA is still number 2 in the medal count... I would say we are doing well.
    Track and field has barely started, the number will climb quickly.

Deleted
    From a German Perspective I must say i am not disappointed like many of my fellow country men, sure we had high hopes in swimming but i the end no real success there, which maybe a result of training possibilities getting fewer and its not much enforced in school sports. Fencing wasn't that good this year either but there its more or less a bit of a luck game and a good fencer can lose easily to lower ranked one. Also i find swimming rather boring and unnecessary to have so many competions and different runs, i cheer for surprise winners in not so popular sports like table tennis, canoe, riding or Judo, and there we had quite some success. For the future I dont think we will get much more medals, took the chances in rowing, didnt use them in swimming and fencing, and in athletics germany mostly sucks nowadays. But I also like to cheer when small countries win over the big ones. I really hope that in the future its not changing into "the China vs USA games", like i got the impression at some stages of the tournament.

10+ Year Old Account
    My country Australia

Voted: Terrible

Would prefer option: Fucking pathetic

Deleted
    France : Worse than expected

Team GB are doing very well. I'd expect them to do so since it's a home Olympics and the amount of money we've spent on the team. Should be a few more golds in there over the next week.

Can't believe how well South Korea are doing, guess they don't just play Maple Story all day long huh?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    France : Worse than expected
    France is doing pretty well actually. Still lots left to go.

I think if GBR carries on Id have to change my vote to better than expected, even closing in on fantastic :P

10+ Year Old Account
    US is leading in the Gold medals and overall medals now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristie View Post
    Canada makes it up for always doing great in winter Olympics
    Yeah, as an Austrian I know that feel bro...

---------- Post added 2012-08-04 at 04:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    France is doing pretty well actually. Still lots left to go.
    Especially in swimming, as I'm a swimmer myself this is the only sport which I'm really interested in^^

Deleted
    GB is doing about how i expect them to, really good in a few events, Cyclying and Rowing mostly, and ok in others, and terrible in others.

i expected GB to come top 3-5th. we got no chance of coming 1st or 2nd, thats always going to be China/Us. as long as we beat the French though...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm disappointed at some of the events that we should be awesome in. Like boxing for instance. Only one of our guys made the second round! Grrrr.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was pulling for the Brits this go'round.

Deleted
    Not a single medal yet and all our chances are pretty much gone

Oh Austria! You had ONE JOB!

I voted "about what I expected". I know Croatia is good in Waterpolo and Handball and we are doing a good job so far. Gold is reachable. We got silver in rowing which wasnt as much as we expected (we were best in all previous rounds, going for gold in the finals but Germany beat us) but still good though for a small country like ours.

I am a little bit disappointed in our female athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    My country Australia

Voted: Terrible

Would prefer option: Fucking pathetic
    Have they lost lot of funding? you do seem way down. If the marketing we got about the Olympics was true you should have loads of athletes fighting for spots that were inspired by syndney 2000.
    Last edited by thebuzzard; 2012-08-04 at 06:46 PM.